• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The true religion invites comparison

Gram28

Banned by Request
I believe that the one true religion will embrace the spirit of freedom of religion and freedom to choose, confident that it will win out. Those of a false religion will tend to erect laws forbidding the free exchange of literature and freedom to practice it- thus indicating their falsity. Now look at the countries of particular concern and decide for yourself which religion(s) is subconsciously proclaiming itself false while claiming that it's true and will take over the world.)(

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That's really odd! I have always been under the impression that the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't embrace oxymoronic terms like "true religion"...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that the one true religion will embrace the spirit of freedom of religion and freedom to choose, confident that it will win out. Those of a false religion will tend to erect laws forbidding the free exchange of literature and freedom to practice it- thus indicating their falsity. Now look at the countries of particular concern and decide for yourself which religion(s) is subconsciously proclaiming itself false while claiming that it's true and will take over the world.)(

That is correct. Please try to ignore those boys :p

Gram28

Banned by Request
Thanks to Savagewind for the very first decent and courteous reply I've received since joining this website and forum! It pains me to say that those having found joy and peace in their faith are far more likely to be civil than those who have not. They are at the very least ladies and gentlemen.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe that the one true religion will embrace the spirit of freedom of religion and freedom to choose, confident that it will win out.

My religion embraces the freedom of religion, yet I don't consider it the one true relgion. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

(We explain it by noting that different religions work for different people.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My religion embraces the freedom of religion, yet I don't consider it the one true relgion. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

The poster said nothing about "the one true religion" except that a false religion will claim it is true. It will even claim it is the only (one) true religion.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

The poster said nothing about "the one true religion" except that a false religion will claim it is true. It will even claim it is the only (one) true religion.

I beg to differ.

Gram28

Banned by Request
"My religion embraces the freedom of religion, yet I don't consider it the one true relgion. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?"- Vinayaka

There is no contradiction here. Embracing freedom of religion is no guarantee of correctness. That in your religion there is no claim of singular truth is a common concept in religion, as in the latest divine revelation improving upon a previous one. At the same time, everyone can't be right. Right?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
"My religion embraces the freedom of religion, yet I don't consider it the one true relgion. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?"- Vinayaka

There is no contradiction here. Embracing freedom of religion is no guarantee of correctness. That in your religion there is no claim of singular truth is a common concept in religion, as in the latest divine revelation improving upon a previous one. At the same time, everyone can't be right. Right?

Of course they can. What's stopping them?

apophenia

Pasta be upon you.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

Definitely not. I've misinterpreted all sorts of things before. I've even leveled accusations at people based on these misinterpretations. And then, when it is demonstrated that I have been off-base... I acknowledge it. Publicly. So, all you need to do now is show that I'm off-base. Good luck with that.

Keep this up, eh? I'll do what I can... :rolleyes:

Well, I'll own condescension. Its a natural response to anyone who feels they are superior to me. I like to demonstrate how untrue that is. Being that I consider everything I know nothing but a belief and everything I believe to be tentative at best, that pretty much eliminates pretense. Of course, no one is perfect.

My remarks were rhetoric designed to expose the fundamental flaw in your statements. The fact that you are now commenting about me directly instead of rebutting my comments punctuates them perfectly. You are much better at ruining your arguments than I am. That's why I do it that way. I ask you a question you can't answer. And then you don't answer it. Success!

PS: I don't care about you. I don't love you. That's too bad, isn't it?

Swing and a miss.

Last edited by a moderator:

apophenia

Man, that is so cold. :(

Sir Doom fed my children when they were alone and afraid.

He gently removes spiders from the toilet bowl before he flushes.

The local soup kitchen had not even heard of minestrone until he offered his recipe.

When Sir Doom weeps, droughts break and meerkats gambol amongst the resplendent desert flowers !

Apply the salve of his compassion to your undulent rhetoric, for lo ! if you look into the mirror you will see that your faith ith a meth ! It keeps you up at night imploring emptiness to fill you ! It makes you imagine that insulting Sir Doom serves the Prince of Peace !

Fie ! Fo ! Fum ! Sir Doom is the Kick in the Big Bass Drum !

Repent !

Who will save the widow's son ?

Spoken on behalf of Sir Doom with no cash incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Besides some incredibly vague and difficult to understand ponderings, just exactly what is this one true religion you speak of? What are its core tenets?