• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The true religion invites comparison

crocusj

I believe that the one true religion will embrace the spirit of freedom of religion and freedom to choose, confident that it will win out. Those of a false religion will tend to erect laws forbidding the free exchange of literature and freedom to practice it- thus indicating their falsity. Now look at the countries of particular concern and decide for yourself which religion(s) is subconsciously proclaiming itself false while claiming that it's true and will take over the world.)(
Is there a god in this religion?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I believe that the one true religion will embrace the spirit of freedom of religion and freedom to choose, confident that it will win out. Those of a false religion will tend to erect laws forbidding the free exchange of literature and freedom to practice it- thus indicating their falsity. Now look at the countries of particular concern and decide for yourself which religion(s) is subconsciously proclaiming itself false while claiming that it's true and will take over the world.)(
quite beautiful. do you find any path does this?and if this is true how can any one religion be true?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Thanks to Savagewind for the very first decent and courteous reply I've received since joining this website and forum! It pains me to say that those having found joy and peace in their faith are far more likely to be civil than those who have not. They are at the very least ladies and gentlemen.

I highly disagree.

Titanic

there is no one true reglion simple as that. you choose whatever you want reglion or no reglion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The sentence in the bolds describes Islam.

Daemon Sophic

It also just as accurately describes Christianity.

Question: Doesn't any and every religion that utilizes the concept of a Hell for non-believers, immediately remove itself from this lofty ideal of the "one true religion" per the OP's description?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

It also just as accurately describes Christianity.

Question: Doesn't any and every religion that utilizes the concept of a Hell for non-believers, immediately remove itself from this lofty ideal of the "one true religion" per the OP's description?
Please list the religions where every one if its followers utilizes the concept of a hell for non-believers.

Which leads back to my point:
It also just as accurately describes Christianity​

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No word back from the OP lately, but he started a lively discussiion. Ya think maybe that was the point?

Daemon Sophic

Please list the religions where every one if its followers utilizes the concept of a hell for non-believers.

Which leads back to my point:
It also just as accurately describes Christianity​

Sorry. I did recognize your original sarcasm in your phrase "just as accurately". I was trying to drive home the point. :shrug:

But I really was asking the question too (primarily of the OP). If your religion must rely on threatening people with eternal fire and pain for simply not believing the way you tell them to believe, then isn't your religion a complete con job?

PS- yes, I also recognize that the OP never mentioned such things, but then again, he/she never said what religion he/she believes is "the one true religion" or even what these countries in question might be. So all are fair game.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Sorry. I did recognize your original sarcasm in your phrase "just as accurately". I was trying to drive home the point. :shrug:

But I really was asking the question too (primarily of the OP). If your religion must rely on threatening people with eternal fire and pain for simply not believing the way you tell them to believe, then isn't your religion a complete con job?

PS- yes, I also recognize that the OP never mentioned such things, but then again, he/she never said what religion he/she believes is "the one true religion" or even what these countries in question might be. So all are fair game.
Actually, you seem to have missed the point.
Again.

the point being that even within Islam there are Muslims who do not believe in an eternal lake of fire hell.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
My religion embraces the freedom of religion, yet I don't consider it the one true relgion. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

(We explain it by noting that different religions work for different people.)

Same for Buddhism; matter of fact, I think this is the way all eastern religion and philosophy works.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The poster said nothing about "the one true religion" except that a false religion will claim it is true. It will even claim it is the only (one) true religion.

If this is the case, then as I noted in my above post about eastern religions not believing they are the one true religion, there are only two religions I know that say they are the only true religion: Christianity and Islam. Seeing as how these two comprise over half the worlds population, I'd say it's the minority that's holding to truth, that is, if the OP is held to be true. :p