• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
This brings up a serious question. What's the most evil music? Does it change from language to language? Personally I find Japanese pop to be much more evil than American/English pop.

Haha, that's because it's insidious and addictive like 80's pop music :D

forget about the pm's i found a way around it. almost all types of music are dangerous in many types of generes both english and other languages also.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
So what isn't evil, besides Gospel? Are there not varying degrees of evil? Is happy Japanese pop really as evil as English music about sacrificing babies to Satan?

i dont understand the question and jaymes theres kiddy music and show music and christmas carols etc. etc there are many kinds of music that arent evil besides gospel you just have to look.

Bishka

Veteran Member
i dont understand the question and jaymes theres kiddy music and show music and christmas carols etc. etc there are many kinds of music that arent evil besides gospel you just have to look.

What makes the music evil, that some person can play it backwards and supposedly hear anything they'd like?

what makes certain types of music "evil" per say is because of the secret messages they give. the way they have horrible effects on people. remember music is a very powerful mood aguster. you can be happy one min and then become emo the next. also what they teach and what the artist represent. is a thing especially christians should not support.

Bishka

Veteran Member
what makes certain types of music "evil" per say is because of the secret messages they give. the way they have horrible effects on people. remember music is a very powerful mood aguster. you can be happy one min and then become emo the next. also what they teach and what the artist represent. is a thing especially christians should not support.

What secret messages? :confused:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

What secret messages?

What horrible effects?

And, for the record, I think emo is A-OK. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Popeyesays

I find the warnings about "backward" and sub - audible evil messages to be nonsensical.

GRANTED: Rap is full of violent, disrespectful and disgusting imagery, but it's all up front.

Next we'll hear about subliminal images in van Gogh or Monet, Andy Warhol.

Granted Warhol lacks depth and profundity, but he was always up front about that anyway.

You get out of art what you are willing to put into art.

The extent of my interest in rap runs out right after Kerouac and Ferlingetti, but it's not evil per se.

Regards,
Scott

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Well, I have looked. And I haven't found any one type of music to be inherently evil. Songs themselves can encourage violence or degrade groups, but the blame for that rests solely on the shoulders of the person who wrote and sang it, not some boogeyman.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I find the warnings about "backward" and sub - audible evil messages to be nonsensical.
Agreed. If that were effective, wouldn't the best solution for Christians be to begin putting such messages as "repent" and "worship Jesus" in songs destined for radio play? It's "The Great Commission" without all the travel.
And, for the record, I think emo is A-OK.
More partial to eno myself. ;)

Booko

Deviled Hen
I remember years ago reading some nonsense in a Sunday School class flyer about how listening to "hard rock" would make you want to go out and fornicate.

I'd been listening to Hendrix for years and the thought had never crossed my mind -- until those repressed idiots suggested it.

It wasn't at all difficult for me to walk away from religion when I was young. When all you see is trumped up nonsense, you kinda conclude it might just all be nonsense.

Popeyesays

Wait, I thought it was Barry White that makes you want to do the horizontal mambo.

Believe it or not, the horizontal mambo has been with us far longer than Barry White's recordings.

I suspect that many an impromptu casual bluegrass gathering has been followed by those who did the horizontal mambo during or afterwards.

The mambo requires no audible melody to be performed.

regards,
Scott