• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Upcoming UK General Election

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Also, they have disowned three of their candidates after it emerged that they each said something or other that was horrifically racist
They have a ridiculous situation in that they have no members in Reform only supporters so not even parliamentary candidates have been voted or are members who can be chucked out. The most that can be done is to not give them support. It is a limited company with only two shareholders.
So democracy is not involved.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
They have a ridiculous situation in that they have no members in Reform only supporters so not even parliamentary candidates have been voted or are members who can be chucked out. The most that can be done is to not give them support. It is a limited company with only two shareholders.
So democracy is not involved.
The advice from head office is to still vote for the candidate to show support for the party. The party isn't racist, just the candidates who were attracted to the ...er... non-racist party. :rolleyes:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Had a Racism UK leaflet pushed through today, despite the Labour posters on show. It looks like a high school project, complete with spelling mistake. Waste of paper obviously.

Still, they've been drumming up support locally; I guess the 4 likes are from the 4 in the photo...

View attachment 93540
They had a stand in our local town, on the high street. I nearly went over and asked them what they thought about the EU, and shouldn't we let more refugees in ... then I thought, I've got better things to do. Anyway, at least they will mop up some of the far right wing of the Tory party and reduce their vote.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
They had a stand in our local town, on the high street. I nearly went over and asked them what they thought about the EU, and shouldn't we let more refugees in ... then I thought, I've got better things to do. Anyway, at least they will mop up some of the far right wing of the Tory party and reduce their vote.
Yep, they're just a drain on the tory vote.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We are allowed to vote after some argy-bargy with with 2 online forms and several em. We received our postal vote packs yesterday.
Now, we cannot post them back until Monday, it usually takes between 5 to 15 days for a letter posted in this outback area to arrive in the UK. Or they could just get lost...

As luck would have it, hubby and me are flying to the UK in the morning so we can post our votes when we land... They have much more of a chance of arriving in time and so being counted.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
We are allowed to vote after some argy-bargy with with 2 online forms and several em. We received our postal vote packs yesterday.
Now, we cannot post them back until Monday, it usually takes between 5 to 15 days for a letter posted in this outback area to arrive in the UK. Or they could just get lost...

As luck would have it, hubby and me are flying to the UK in the morning so we can post our votes when we land... They have much more of a chance of arriving in time and so being counted.
Can't you just rock up on Thursday at a polling station with photo ID and some relevant bits of paper?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Can't you just rock up on Thursday at a polling station with photo ID and some relevant bits of paper?

No, i don't think so.
I may have this all *** over elbow but i believe it needs to be a specified polling station close to my ex UK address at which i registered to vote (I'm not registered at for any polling station).
Don't i need a polling card to vote?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
No, i don't think so.
I may have this all *** over elbow but i believe it needs to be a specified polling station close to my ex UK address at which i registered to vote (I'm not registered at for any polling station).
Don't i need a polling card to vote?
No one needs a polling card to vote, it is only for information.
However people with postal votes need to jump through a few hoops to be able to vote in person, probably far worse for the expat voters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Had a Racism UK leaflet pushed through today, despite the Labour posters on show. It looks like a high school project, complete with spelling mistake. Waste of paper obviously.

Still, they've been drumming up support locally; I guess the 4 likes are from the 4 in the photo...

View attachment 93540
MAGA!! Oops I mean MBGA!! Where are their red hats. And how do you pronounce MBGA? Maybe MEGA? (Make England Great Again)?? I doubt if they will get much support from Scotland or Wales.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No one needs a polling card to vote, it is only for information.
However people with postal votes need to jump through a few hoops to be able to vote in person, probably far worse for the expat voters.

Quite probably, I'll stick with posting it... In the UK, not France

ChristineM

Premium Member
No. I've got one but it says "You do not need to take this card with you in order to vote."
Just need photo ID, unless your name is Johnson.

Ahh, not had one for about 10 years. I guesd you still need to have one issued to tell you where to vote even if you don't use it

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Ahh, not had one for about 10 years. I guesd you still need to have one issued to tell you where to vote even if you don't use it
Yeah, don't know when it changed. I've done postal voting for a few years but this time I feel the urge to put a ****** big cross on the ballot! 14 years of those ***** is 14 too many.