• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To? Thread - Part Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
What happened to your pic in the pic thread? I loved it! You are really good looking, Jeffrey.

Coal Chamber.......Big Truck

Aww...thanks!:eek: You mean the ones I put up recently? I didn't know you saw those. My photobucket was gettin' crazy so I cleaned it out a bit.

Taro Iwashiro - An Orange at the Kotatsu (love my piano music)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Twiggy of Marilyn Manson. He was a huge catalyst to Manson's fame and doesn't get nearly enough credit for it.
Is that right? I didn't know he was that good. I'll have to listen to some MM and pay close attention. Any particular song he's really good in?

MM.....Beautiful People

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Is that right? I didn't know he was that good. I'll have to listen to some MM and pay close attention. Any particular song he's really good in?

MM.....Beautiful People

Well, you shouldn't necessarily limit yourself to just paying attention to the bass. He's done most of the music writing for all the guitars and bass parts for MM on Anti-Christ Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood. And the era of those three albums was certainly the highlight of Manson's career. If I remember correctly, he wrote and recorded everything for Dope Show (except for the vocals and drums) in about 20 minutes. And I think his guitar solo on Fundamentally Loathsome is particularly awesome sounding.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
If I remember correctly, he wrote and recorded everything for Dope Show (except for the vocals and drums) in about 20 minutes.
Wow, that is incredible. He must be extremely talented to pull that off.
And I think his guitar solo on Fundamentally Loathsome is particularly awesome sounding.
I haven't listened to tons of Manson but you've kind of got me interested now. I'll have to pull up a couple of YouTube videos. I love the way a bass players hands look while playing...there's something very sensual about how far apart the hands are and the finger motion and of course the rhythm is intoxicating. I've thought that since I was 15. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.