• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To? Thread - Part Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Tool - Schism

OK ChrisP -- what would you consider their "best" I should invest in first? :D

Sheesh, I wish I would've noticed you mention them in the same breath with Zeppelin before now. I woulda looked them up earlier.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Dude, we have very similar taste in Music... listen to much Led Zep, Kyuss or Pink Floyd?

Good lookin' Woman - The flying hamster of doom, reigns coconuts on your pitiful city

Lol has the black-eyed one not told you? Ash keeps telling me to head down your way for a coffee because we listen to the exact same stuff!

Not heard Kyuss, but I'll give you an idea of my current playlist:

Apocalyptica
Art Garfunkel
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Bozzio, Levin, Stevens
Bruce Dickinson
Crosby, Stills & Nash
David Bowie
Deep Purple (That's like a perogative or something if you like Sabbath! lol)
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
G 'n' R
Iron Maiden
Joe Cocker
Joe Satriani
Led Zeppelin
Meatloaf
Metallica
Moody Blues
Opeth
Ozzy Osbourne
Pink Floyd (If I remember correctly, I'm only 3 albums from having every one of them!)
The Rolling Stones
Tool

And many, many, many, many more!

And yes, I listen to Hauraki too!! :D

Right now: Ozzy Osbourne - Sympathy For The Devil

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Lol has the black-eyed one not told you? Ash keeps telling me to head down your way for a coffee because we listen to the exact same stuff!

Not heard Kyuss, but I'll give you an idea of my current playlist:

Apocalyptica
Art Garfunkel
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Bozzio, Levin, Stevens
Bruce Dickinson
Crosby, Stills & Nash
David Bowie
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
G 'n' R
Iron Maiden
Joe Cocker
Joe Satriani
Led Zeppelin
Meatloaf
Metallica
Moody Blues
Opeth
Ozzy Osbourne
Pink Floyd (If I remember correctly, I'm only 3 albums from having every one of them!)
The Rolling Stones
Tool

And many, many, many, many more!

And yes, I listen to Hauraki too!! :D

Right now: Ozzy Osbourne - Sympathy For The Devil
See, I make an effort, and you silly kiwis don't listen to me :p

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Art Garfunkel
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Bozzio, Levin, Stevens
Bruce Dickinson
Crosby, Stills & Nash
David Bowie
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
G 'n' R
Iron Maiden
Joe Cocker
Joe Satriani
Led Zeppelin
Meatloaf
Metallica
Moody Blues
Opeth
Ozzy Osbourne
The Rolling Stones
Tool
I can agree with that list.....well, except for Opeth. *runs and hides*

ChrisP

Veteran Member
See, I make an effort, and you silly kiwis don't listen to me :p
Not listening to you is a pre-requisite of being your man...

Just got out of a cab... big samoan dude was cranking some Hendrix, Pink Floyd and Led Zep on the way home.

Man I love Wellington.

And meth, only band I don't recognise and have at least SOME respect for on your list is Bozzio, Levin and Steven... Bozzio= Terry Bozzio ex Zappa drummer?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Tool - Schism

OK ChrisP -- what would you consider their "best" I should invest in first? :D

Sheesh, I wish I would've noticed you mention them in the same breath with Zeppelin before now. I woulda looked them up earlier.

Easily in the same breath. IMHO in the same breath as Floyd too... truly inventive.

My favourit ALBUM is Lateralus, but most of my favourite songs are on Ænima. The two releases before that are much simpler but if you check opiate and can handle the jandle (ie it's not too heavy for you), get undertow and 10,000 days too.

There's a DVD/CD boxset called Salival that was limited edition. It's not available for less than 300$ these days as there were only a few thousand made and they're all gone... if you can somehow "locate" these tracks I'd fully reccomend that too. Lots of cool live stuff and a cover of Zepellin's No Quarter in their own style... was sposed to be for a tribute album by 90s bands (around time of Ænima but the album never got made.

/endshorttoolrant.

PS, please excuse the spelling... it's been a massive day for me all around.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Easily in the same breath. IMHO in the same breath as Floyd too... truly inventive.

My favourit ALBUM is Lateralus, but most of my favourite songs are on Ænima. The two releases before that are much simpler but if you check opiate and can handle the jandle (ie it's not too heavy for you), get undertow and 10,000 days too.

There's a DVD/CD boxset called Salival that was limited edition. It's not available for less than 300$ these days as there were only a few thousand made and they're all gone... if you can somehow "locate" these tracks I'd fully reccomend that too. Lots of cool live stuff and a cover of Zepellin's No Quarter in their own style... was sposed to be for a tribute album by 90s bands (around time of Ænima but the album never got made.

/endshorttoolrant.

PS, please excuse the spelling... it's been a massive day for me all around.

Thankyouthankyou! I seem to be out of frubals now, too. :(

I'll put Eibhlin on tracking some of these down. She's just getting into Floyd now, having made her way through Gentle Giant.

Oh...speaking of which:

Gentle Giant - On Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.