• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They are one in the same. Please allow me to theorize.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
It's hard to know if this is on topic re the original post...

Answer: God is patient. God has a waiting attitude about sin. Can you be more specific?
It's very simple: if something is random it has equal chance of doing everything. Therefore random is mathematical. Therefore a random god is still at the mercy of math.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Huh? :areyoucra
you asked me
How so? Of course it is unsupported but pray tell how is it illogical.

The Lord giveth, The Lord taketh away. I was thinking what 'it is impossible for God to lie' means. I have concluded that to me it means it is not possible for God to do something that is not the will of God. If it is true the universe was created to entertain the brain and man is actually alone in the universe and I was God, I would let it entropy. Tell me please why you would not dear Iti oj.

Is that unsupported or unsported? I like your new word. I think I can make it mean something....
so i said

because its about systems and mechanism. not about wanting or not wanting or wish-washy feelings. To state as you have completely throws everything we know on the topic out the window. Its a jump in logic we know about systems and their behavior and it has nothing to do with spirit.
I would not do anything the universe runs and regulates its self. when its time for all this to end it will end because of the mechanism of the system,

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK thank you.

To state as you have completely throws everything we know on the topic out the window.
I said God whose power is the source of all power might cut us off as we might not be um uh I did say that if we are alone in the physical universe, we might be causing too much ill will. I don't know what the other aliens are doing. I don't know if there are any. Someone can c/p that to make me look nuts. What do I care? It was hard work, was it?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
OK thank you.

I said God whose power is the source of all power might cut us off as we might not be um uh I did say that if we are alone in the physical universe, we might be causing too much ill will. I don't know what the other aliens are doing. I don't know if there are any. Someone can c/p that to make me look nuts. What do I care? It was hard work, was it?
The universe is running perfectly without needing to throw God into the mix. No evidence for intervention, no reason to believe such intervention takes place.

Enjoy the beauty of heat death.

Iti oj

Premium Member
OK thank you.

nice clip. ignore the rest of the science and ignore the thought experiment you asked me to do. tray cool

and you must be projecting i see a whole lotta love myself

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The universe is running perfectly without needing to throw God into the mix. No evidence for intervention, no reason to believe such intervention takes place.

OK I do remember you are believing the universe is evolving toward entropy but it is also running perfectly. These are both true? I have read heat death is hypothetical. Is it now not hypothetical?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
nice clip. ignore the rest of the science and ignore the thought experiment you asked me to do. tray cool

and you must be projecting i see a whole lotta love myself

No. Love is one thing. I am talking about being led to God. If no one will be led to do God's will why would God have us live? It's a hypothesis. I don't believe it. Do you believe God will renew the solar power when it is ready to go which way? I do.

Iti oj

Premium Member
No. Love is one thing. I am talking about being led to God. If no one will be led to do God's will why would God have us live? It's a hypothesis. I don't believe it. Do you believe God will renew the solar power when it is ready to go which way? I do.
i think the fact that the sun will one day die and so will we shows god does not exist.or is deistic.... or evil.... mostly just none existent though

Pozessed

Todd

Yea... because we aren't on the Virge of WW3 thanks to everyones individual beliefs that empowers them with a right to judge others....

Language, math, and thought itself are all human descriptions of the happenings in the universe. Math is only real to us because we can describe it, if we couldn't describe things as numbers and equations they would still be there.
Everything in our universe will link back to its birth. We didn't come from microorganisms we came from the bigbang....the bigbang made those organisms possible as well as everything else.
I believe God to be growing and learning, therefore mistakes are possible. Man wrote the books that we were to live by which means that more mistakes were made.

Is there anyway to probe scientific laws to find out if they change in intelligent ways?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the time came for the sun to cease or explode into a supernova thingamajig and Man was still subjugating the peoples so the widow and orphan were still crying out for relief would God be righteous to repower the sun? I say no. More people would suffer because He acted.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

Iti oj

Premium Member
If the time came for the sun to cease or explode into a supernova thingamajig and Man was still subjugating the peoples so the widow and orphan were still crying out for relief would God be righteous to repower the sun? I say no. More people would suffer because He acted.
ha god cant even solve the world problems let alone stop the sun from exploding.
nor can god design a sun that wont explode? pfft some god.

now enough with this nonsense and back to science/

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God can solve the World's problems. But to do so ain't pretty. It's a balance between bad and worse. Men have made it not fair. Where is good in the equation?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
God can solve the World's problems. But to do so ain't pretty. It's a balance between bad and worse. Men have made it not fair. Where is good in the equation?
You're confusing math with morality. You're also ignoring the lack of God in the data of our models.

Pozessed

Todd
ha god cant even solve the world problems let alone stop the sun from exploding.

Mans problem is greed not God...
What do the greediest men have control of (hint: its found throughout the universe unless its man made)

Pozessed

Todd

If you believe in God you believe everything happens for a reason... If God created the universe, anyone who creates anything has to learn how it works.

Sorry just read your last sentence of that, I agree back to science.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're confusing math with morality. You're also ignoring the lack of God in the data of our models.

Everything in the universe reflects the reality which is God. I'm not confused. God would be lacking in your data, that is correct.