• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Do Not Understand

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind the other day for the first time in 47 years. The reasons I watched it were nostalgia, reminiscing and there was a joke that I still remembered to this day and I wanted to hear again.

Close Encounters was supposed to be scary, but I never thought it was. What I remembered was the humor. The alien space ships are racing down the road just above it. This farmer says, "They can fly rings around the moon. But we're years ahead of them on the highway."

I thought that was hilarious and, for me, the most memorable part of the movie.

One of the few sci-fi movies I've seen. I remember very little of it except the music when they were guiding in the space ship.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the few sci-fi movies I've seen. I remember very little of it except the music when they were guiding in the space ship.
It was the same music used in Simon I think.

Simon_Electronic_Game.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why do i wind up getting scratched when i try to sharpen a pencil while the cats on Google look so placid?

zoom-9070-01.jpg

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I do not understand parkour.
In Judo one is taught to use your opponents movements and momentum against them.
This is similar to how in parkour you use the obstacles to assist you getting past them instead of letting them stop you.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
In Judo one is taught to use your opponents movements and momentum against them.
This is similar to how in parkour you use the obstacles to assist you getting past them instead of letting them stop you.

I was taught to walk around things.