• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Thank you, Stonetree. I have a higher than normal platelet count though, not a higher than normal white blood cell count thank goodness. It's weird though because my dad had a very low platelet count due to some sort of genetic thing and I have a higher than normal platelet count. But it's not high enough to justify testing, just a bit higher than normal. Oh well. My doc says take a baby aspirin every day so that's all I do.
I'm sorry. My mistake....Platelets........sounds less concerning,imo,,,,,,,

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm sorry. My mistake....Platelets........sounds less concerning,imo,,,,,,,
Well, platelets are what causes the blood to clot (or not in my dad's case, which killed him) so they are pretty important but apparently mine are high but not high enough to test WHY they are high. Hence the baby aspirin each day. Apparently I am at a higher risk for a stroke or embolism but something is going to get all of us, so why not? LOL

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Well, platelets are what causes the blood to clot (or not in my dad's case, which killed him) so they are pretty important but apparently mine are high but not high enough to test WHY they are high. Hence the baby aspirin each day. Apparently I am at a higher risk for a stroke or embolism but something is going to get all of us, so why not? LOL
I understand what you what you mean. I used to take blood samples to check "INR".

This blood test looks to see how well your blood clots. The international normalized ratio (INR) is a standardized number that's figured out in the lab. If you take blood thinners, also called anticlotting medicines or anticoagulants, it may be important to check your INR. The INR is found using the results of the prothrombin time (PT) test.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe you are supposed to have 425,000 platelets per something or other and I have about 700,000 per something or other. They test at over 11,000,000 or whatever so I have some wiggle room. It's more weird than anything that my dad had low platelets and mine are high. Also mine vary a bit but they are always a bit high, but not crazy high.

They tend to call it 425, than 425,000 for the record. So they'd probably say the norm is 125 to 425 and mine are 700 and 1100 is when they start testing. Mine have been no lower than 450 in the past but they average around 700.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Today I learned about galinstan. An alloy of gallium, indium, and tin. It allows children to play with a metal that is liquid at room temperature without the possible brain damage of mercury:

Another such alloy is a mixture of sodium metal and potassium metal. NOT RECOMMENDED!!