• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This & That: The Reflections of Allfoak

allfoak

Alchemist
Time for a paradigm shift.
The rabbit hole runs deep.
No one will believe me when i tell them that there is nothing that we have been taught that is not either a lie or a half truth.
Nothing!

allfoak

Alchemist
The Christian Mystery of Initiation
tumblr_inline_oe52t3ji8m1r23202_1280.jpg

After all we have told you about the Gnosis, you know that the gospel must be taken as a mystery of initiation. We do not see historical reports in the Holy Language, but the very real activity of the person who works their way upward on the path.

The gospel, as one of the expressions of the universal doctrine, places the pupil before the requirement of producing what is essentially real. Understanding it in this way, we can liberate ourselves from the immersion in time, experienced by our fellow human beings, who speculatively look back in history and resort to affected sentimentality in sermons, music, and singing without any understanding whatsoever. That is why we approach these matters according to the new gnostic dimension and encourage one another along this path to the Mount of Olives, to the Garden of Gethsemane, hoping and praying that we may understand one another in spirit and in truth.

The Christian mystery of initiation is a very wonderful and strange story. It is a sequence of processes that cannot possibly be understood by a layman, because it requires deep insight into the sacred universal science. Understanding these processes is the grace that touches those who have been lifted up. Before the orange-red rose can unfold in the sunlight, the roots of the plant must force their way into the dark earth to obtain necessary food. In order to understand the things pertaining to the new, true, and original life, it is necessary to possess a corresponding state of consciousness. A person who lacks such a state has ears, but they are deaf; they have eyes, but they are blind. Nothing and no one can help them; they simply lack the sense organs required for understanding.

This is why we speak of sublunary consciousness and gnostic consciousness and, also, of two absolutely distinct types of people, showing not only spiritual and moral differences but also bodily differences. The differences between these two types are at a given point so basic, that finally they can no longer live in the same world. Each type needs a different life-field, a different respiration-field, a different vibration-field. This is why, in the history of the world, we witness from time to time a parting of the ways between the earthly human type and the human type belonging to the new field of life. The Holy Language calls it the separation of the sheep and the goats, of the righteous and the unrighteous.

allfoak

Alchemist
Religion is the expression of life.
How we express ourselves is indirect correlation with our connection to our source.
If we feel good about who we are then we will show that in how we live our lives.
All of the other details are nothing more than us sharing what works best for keeping us connected.

Our lives are much like a snowflake.
Every one, is an individual and at it's essence is the same.
Each is in it's glory for only a short time and it is gone forever.
Yet the essence lives on, through the giving of it's life to all it touches.

allfoak

Alchemist
The Gospel of Thomas

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.'

If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.'

If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

51. His disciples said to him, "When will the rest for the dead take place, and when will the new world come?"

He said to them, "What you are looking forward to has come, but you don't know it."

Tabu

The way in which I arrived at my conclusions is through experience and study, along with a lot of sacrifice, searching for answers to understand my experience.
I have had many unusual and profound experiences in my life since childhood.
I have spent my whole life in search of answers to these things that have happened to me.

I will ask you a question.
If one night as a 12 yr old you found yourself floating above your body looking down on it and the thought comes to you, which one is me and then you found yourself back in your body again, would it cause you to want to know what happened to you?

Or suppose one day you decide to get baptized because you are convinced it is the right thing to do and you have such a profound experience that it changes your life forever?
A sudden clarity of knowledge came upon me.
I felt profoundly clean inside like I had just been given a new start.
If this happened to you wouldn't you want to know why?

How about if your dead mother showed up at your front door one day and you had a conversation with her?
Would you want to know what the hell just happened to you?
I have used all of my time and energy searching for answers.
If these experiences are not enough I could add a dozen more.

Wouldn't you begin to consider that maybe there might be something to this spirit thing?
I have dedicated my life to knowing the answer to that question.
Hi,
Read some of your posts on this thread , very interesting.
As for some of the questions you have posted above , this my understanding from what I read from Brahma Kumari faith.
A1 : I am the soul and this body is my costume through which I play my roles in this drama of life.
A2 : Feeling clear and pure is a great experience,
sometimes I meditate to feel so.
A3 : This we call 'granting of visions' , if one is attached or devoted immensely , and longs for that , sometimes God grants visions.

Looking forward for more interesting discussions here.

allfoak

Alchemist
Proverb 4 NIV

Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
2 I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.
3 For I too was a son to my father, still tender, and cherished by my mother.
4 Then he taught me, and he said to me, “Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands, and you will live.
5 Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them.
6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
7 The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
8 Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you.
9 She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown.”
10 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.
11 I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.
13 Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.
14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers.
15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.
16 For they cannot rest until they do evil; they are robbed of sleep till they make someone stumble.
17 They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.
20 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words.
21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

allfoak

Alchemist
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha
Read more at: Buddha Quotes