• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To The Jesus Myth Theorist

Quantrill

I do not believe, period! What I have researched could be right or wrong, I do not know! Nor, do those who claim the Jesus of the Gospels existed! The only difference is that I do not want to believe I am right, I would rather be right, but of course, this is something I can never have!

You certainly have built yourself a box you can't get out of. You write about something you don't know. And you refuse to have a belief on the subject.

Which, I find hard to believe.

Quantrill

CynthiaCypher

the bible

it states jesus told his folowers to give up everything including their beggar bowls.

If you have nothing , you have nothing to tax.

what else would you like a source for

Quit trying to make Jesus a Tea-Partyer and show us how you came to that interpretation?

outhouse

Atheistically
Quit trying to make Jesus a Tea-Partyer and show us how you came to that interpretation?

its all in the bible

arrested for perverting the nation, amounts to preaching to "all" the tax collectors, Zacc included and Matthew as a disciple.

trying to get the tax collectors to collect less, would really tick the romans off and get you hung on a cross

arrested for tax evasion.

Tipping over the bank tellers tables during passover would get you hung as well.

you have to ask youself, why was money and tax mentioned so many times in the bible when jesus preached to give up everything and all possessions, if it was just all about theology???

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
its all in the bible

arrested for perverting the nation, amounts to preaching to "all" the tax collectors, Zacc included and Matthew as a disciple.

trying to get the tax collectors to collect less, would really tick the romans off and get you hung on a cross

arrested for tax evasion.

Tipping over the bank tellers tables during passover would get you hung as well.

you have to ask youself, why was money and tax mentioned so many times in the bible when jesus preached to give up everything and all possessions, if it was just all about theology???
Or in other words, you have no scholarly sources, and instead, rely on wishful interpretation. Now isn't that easier then claiming you have scholars and historians who back you?

Not to mention, the Bible never says Jesus tried to get tax collectors to collect less, and that none of that has to do with Jesus trying to reform Judaism.

outhouse

Atheistically
Or in other words, you have no scholarly sources, and instead, rely on wishful interpretation. Now isn't that easier then claiming you have scholars and historians who back you?

Not to mention, the Bible never says Jesus tried to get tax collectors to collect less, and that none of that has to do with Jesus trying to reform Judaism.

this does indicate he was starting a reform movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

Most contemporary scholars of the historical Jesus consider him to have been an independent, charismatic founder of a Jewish restoration movement

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I saw Zeitgeist and it was stupid
I think that Jesus is largely myth and I haven't seen Zeitgeist.

Maybe the story has some sort of actual rebellious Rabbi at its core, but I dismiss the supernatural elements - i.e. the things that make Jesus what he needs to be to be the focus of the Christian religion - as false.

outhouse

Atheistically
You forgot this part of the quotation ", anticipating a future apocalypse" and also Jewish restoration =/= Jewish reform movement.

And Wikipedia isn't authoritative.

then your free to change it if you have valid sources.

why would jesus want to follow mainstream judaism with a temple corrupted by his enemies??

or would he want a theism that wasnt infected by his enemies???

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
this does indicate he was starting a reform movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

Most contemporary scholars of the historical Jesus consider him to have been an independent, charismatic founder of a Jewish restoration movement

So you are not basing what you say on the Bible then? Please, just for once cite some sources. Stop appealing to assumed authority by pointing to Wiki.

Can you actually name some scholars who agree with you? I don't care if Wiki says most, because I can say the same. Point out some actual scholars.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
then your free to change it if you have valid sources.

why would jesus want to follow mainstream judaism with a temple corrupted by his enemies??

or would he want a theism that wasnt infected by his enemies???

He could have become an Essene then or even a Pharisee.

And what is mainstream Judaism? Please define.