• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Confessions

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a slight speech impediment that sounds like a minor accent.

When I was four, chronic severe ear infections made me nearly go deaf, which is a critical time for language development I guess, so I stopped playing with other kids since I was in pain and couldn't hear them anyway, and didn't talk much for those months until my mother eventually realized what the problem was. Surgery fixed the problem but then a few years later I had to have regular appointments with a speech therapist to fix several of my letter pronunciations which were really bad.

Oh man, i'm glad your mother figured that out in time.

After that, the impediment became minor like an accent or something.

I bet it's cute. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yeah, yeah, i understand. Thing is though, Sunstone, if you'll note, i too am an Arab.

Remember?!!

I'll pray for you! Just keep in mind you can pray away the Arab. I mean, being Arab is a lifestyle choice, isn't it?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh man, i'm glad your mother figured that out in time.

I bet it's cute. :D
I forget I have it until I hear a recording of my self, and then I think, "Hmm, I sound like that?" It's not so bad, but I immediately notice it when I hear it like that.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll pray for you! Just keep in mind you can pray away the Arab. I mean, being Arab is a lifestyle choice, isn't it?

Stop poking him or he will reveal the Arab agenda. Talking to him too much might make you contract Arab-ness, too.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you seriously suggesting that he could destroy the sanctity of my relationship with the KKK?

Definitely. I heard he started using his current avatar so people would get used to Arabs and convert to their ethnicity. He has already succeeded in converting me, so I'm just warning you not to fall for his diabolical ethnicity-preaching tactics.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Definitely. I heard he started using his current avatar so people would get used to Arabs and convert to their ethnicity. He has already succeeded in converting me, so I'm just warning you not to fall for his diabolical ethnicity-preaching tactics.

Well, as long as he's not offering me a set of steak knives in exchange for my conversion, I'm pretty safe. Steak knives are kind of my weakness.

4consideration

Premium Member

I know. I think it may be working on me, too. :yes: I now have dark eyes and dark hair.

(And, don't say it has anything to do with the fact that I had them before I joined RF. Badran is to blame. I'm sure of it.) I'm confessing for him.

But, I still easily burn in the sun if I'm not careful -- so it's not complete, yet.

Any tips for retaining my own original (pedigree-mutt) ethnicity?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A few confessions:

- I go through crushes REALLY easily. I find myself having a crush on several people online or offline all at once, and then it's just a huge playground for me. I truly enjoy having a crush, where all I do is revel in the intense sexual yearning and enjoying all the vivid fantasies I come up with. But I'm no monogamous crush-artist. I'm a recreational crusher. I'm a crush-****.

- Minus the sexual fantasies, I daydream a lot. Practically ALL THE TIME. I'm daydreaming right now, in fact, about heading out on a bike on a trail through wine country. Probably because of the near blizzard conditions right now, but I've become quite used to living in "la-la land" and facing reality. They both provide endless entertainment and inspiration for me.

- Every now and then, I breakdown into a pity party for a couple of hours wondering why i wasn't more normal and boring. I accept how unusual I am 95% of the time (I think that's an excellent average). But every now and then I yearn for anonymity and a boring personality. In those times, I've even tried to adopt what I hear as typical conversational styles and topics, and I'm simply terrible at it. Nobody is convinced. So I just cry for a bit when I have those breakdowns and get it out of my system and go back to enjoying being weird.

- Thana isn't the only one that talks though cooking as if she was on a cooking show. I do that too. I also practice acceptance speeches for an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy, and whatever Nobel prize I can think of. I sing in the car when I'm alone as if I'm on stage - with facial expressions and everything. Like I said, I daydream a LOT. So I just have fun with it.

- I've admitted to people at the dance studio that I'm terrified of balloons. The kids love that and tease me mercilessly. In spite of the fact that they'll surprise me with an unexpected balloon pop behind me making me almost pee my pants, I totally give them props for it. As huge a phobia I have of balloons (it's debilitating, seriously), one would think cranks like that would have me hating those punks. But in all seriousness, I love them for it.

- There are a few household chores that a lot of people hate to do, but I actually LOVE doing. They put me in a meditative state where I can just focus completely on my simple task.

- I have stage fright. Pretty bad. But nothing is like the zen-focus during the show, and the adrenaline happy rush after the show. Nothing. Nothing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
True Confession: I don't really own an inflatable love doll, but only because the Model 9400 with auto-rotating titty tassels and glow-in-the-dark "Lighthouse of Love" clitoris has not actually been invented yet.

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
True Confession: I don't really own an inflatable love doll, but only because the Model 9400 with auto-rotating titty tassels and glow-in-the-dark "Lighthouse of Love" clitoris has not actually been invented yet.

are you aware that women are not equipped with that particular technology either?
ohh, you want the new japanese school girl model (F825-Y68-2). I heard that it was rather popular with the company men. it's been invented, they just haven't developed it for export yet.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Stop poking him or he will reveal the Arab agenda. Talking to him too much might make you contract Arab-ness, too.

Are you seriously suggesting that he could destroy the sanctity of my relationship with the KKK?

I know. I think it may be working on me, too. :yes: I now have dark eyes and dark hair.

(And, don't say it has anything to do with the fact that I had them before I joined RF. Badran is to blame. I'm sure of it.) I'm confessing for him.

But, I still easily burn in the sun if I'm not careful -- so it's not complete, yet.

It's nice to see blatant racism is alive and well withing the staff.

I'm glad you provided hard evidence of your crimes for everyone to see.

I'm so disgusted with you all.

(Sunstone's still cute though)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
are you aware that women are not equipped with that particular technology either?

Huh? No twirling titty tassels of temptation? Not even no "Lighthouse of Love" glow-in-the-dark clitorises? But...but....:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

*is whimpering wreck now*

4consideration

Premium Member

True Confession: It warms my heart when Badran is disgusted with me. ;) It makes me feel special. ;) ;)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Somebody say "racism"? I'm here to save the day. I'm a white middle-class woman, and therefore I will argue for anyone who is discriminated against because I'm white. And middle class.

Confession: I'm a white, middle-class woman.

Yes. But he still owes me money.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Aww...you're cute when you're disgusted! Aww...can you smile? Comeon, smile!

*Sings* "A smile every while
Is like a mile
You don't got to walk alone.
So smile while you pile
Insults up like dog's bones!"

Comeon, smile! :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I forget I have it until I hear a recording of my self, and then I think, "Hmm, I sound like that?" It's not so bad, but I immediately notice it when I hear it like that.

You're ahead of me. When I hear my nasality in a recording, my first thought is usually, "How on earth do I still have friends?"

Well, I don't really think that, but somebody here suggested becoming a practicing Frenchman. I confess I'm considering that. :D

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

First, exorcise yourself (and make sure you do it in English) every time you look at his avatar.

Second, quit reading his posts. I realized I had started uttering new Arabic words a while ago and traced them back to subtle messages in his posts, which promoted the use of camel-related Arabic profanity.

Third, don't read my posts either. An already infected person can also infect you. It's too late, though, so you may want to consider adopting your new ethnicity without acting on its temptations (including but not limited to speaking Arabic, eating dates, and craving hummus).

4consideration

Premium Member
First, exorcise yourself (and make sure you do it in English) every time you look at his avatar.

Second, quit reading his posts. I realized I had started uttering new Arabic words a while ago and traced them back to subtle messages in his posts, which promoted the use of camel-related Arabic profanity.

Third, don't read my posts either. An already infected person can also infect you. It's too late, though, so you may want to consider adopting your new ethnicity without acting on its temptations (including but not limited to speaking Arabic, eating dates, and craving hummus).

OMG!!!!! I'll stop right now. I'm not even reading the rest of your post that I'm replying to.

I've already started craving hummus. I used to never have it around, and now I'm almost never without it in the house!!!!