• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Confessions

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You dumb, ignorant, delicious American! You've misplaced me on the map, and mixed up between my country and the Gulf States, further proving your crime of racism.

You thought you were taking a jab at me yet all you did is turn me on.

Are you actually trying to suggest there are cultural, political, and social differences between the peoples of Egypt, Tunisia, Irack, The Gulf Oil Taps, and Drone Alley?

4consideration

Premium Member
You could easily be my no.1 if you just stop winking at me all the time. I told you it makes me feel insecure.

I confess. I love to wink at you Badran, and I do it because of its effect on you.

(I also confess, I only do that sort of thing to people I really like. :D Don't you feel special now?)

edit: Oops, almost forgot. ;)

4consideration

Premium Member
Sometimes I take a just little bit longer to leave the house when my husband is waiting on me, just to see him stand at the open door and sigh. (I don't think one should open the door until everyone is ready to go.)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I never obtained a driver's license and instead subsist off of public transportation, biking, and vigorous walking.

Same here, and I'm 54.

(I've had motorcycle licenses, but never an auto license)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Oh yeah, sure! It's so easy for you to claim you have a crush on me because of my dynamic and exciting combination of brilliant ignorance and inspiring arrogance, but I don't see no proof! I've invited you time and time again to come visit me in Colorado. For the past months, I've even left my porch light on just in case you showed up after dark like some sneaky Arab assassin. And I even voted to legalize hashish in my state just to make you feel at home. But have you ever dropped by for coffee and hashish? Huh? So far as I can tell, you ain't even started out yet. Just how ignorant do you think I am? I know damn well Little Egypt, Illinois, is only a thousand miles from Colorado. You could have walked here by now!

4consideration

Premium Member
Sunstone has never invited me to Colorado for coffee and...anything else!

Oh, wait...this isn't the Accusation thread?

Never mind. :facepalm:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
*looks at Lyn's avatar and wonders what's up*
She's on a vespa, not a motorcycle.

I've ridden on motorcycles before, but only as the guest that sits on the back and sort of hugs the rider.

My father had a sort of late-life crisis, kind of like a middle-age crisis except in one's early 70's, and he bought a motorcycle. He wanted to ride it home with no training, without a helmet, and both me and the guy selling it to him were like, "NO!", but he got his way, and he had a helmet but rode the motorcycle home, with me driving his car home. We were separated on the road, so I got back to our neighborhood first, and parked next to an intersection that he would come through, anxiously waiting for him.

For that intersection, he had to make a right angle turn but instead crashed straight through a fence in front of my eyes. I ran over to him, picked the multi-hundred pound motorcycle off of him with all of my might, helped him up, and then I drove him home, walked back, and then I rode the motorcycle home. Fortunately he was unharmed, just out of breath, dazed, and a bit sore.

He was no longer interested in motorcycling, so he gave it to me. But I was in high school, going to college, and just didn't particularly feel an interest, so I gave it away. They say there are two types of motorcycle riders; those that have had an accident and those that will. I'm not really opposed to the idea of motorcycling, but not exactly interested either, although maybe one day I'll try.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I confess that my default emotional state is "ticked off". I realized this recently (OK, I already knew it, I'd just gotten really good at ignoring it) when I met someone who's even more that way than I am: this guys walks around our town with a big, metal-knobbed walking stick and a perpetual "I disapprove!! How DARE you?" look on his face, mumbling obscenities and insults at no one in particular under his breath.

After a run-in with him the day after Christmas, and stewing about it for two days trying to figure out why it bothered me so much, I realized it was because this guy is a caricature of me, or maybe me in a few more years: I don't walk around mumbling obscenities and insults under my breath, I keep them in my head where they belong (playing in a loop):D.

Sort of my Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. :p

So now I'm trying to pay more attention to all that (and I'm embarrassed to admit how much of it there is to pay attention to).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
She's on a vespa, not a motorcycle.

Ah.

I've ridden on motorcycles before, but only as the guest that sits on the back and sort of hugs the rider.

My father had a sort of late-life crisis, kind of like a middle-age crisis except in one's early 70's, and he bought a motorcycle. He wanted to ride it home with no training, without a helmet,

Is there any other way to ride home on your first motorcycle? :p

and both me and the guy selling it to him were like, "NO!", but he got his way, and he had a helmet but rode the motorcycle home, with me driving his car home. We were separated on the road, so I got back to our neighborhood first, and parked next to an intersection that he would come through, anxiously waiting for him.

For that intersection, he had to make a right angle turn but instead crashed straight through a fence in front of my eyes. I ran over to him, picked the multi-hundred pound motorcycle off of him with all of my might, helped him up, and then I drove him home, walked back, and then I rode the motorcycle home. Fortunately he was unharmed, just out of breath, dazed, and a bit sore.

He was no longer interested in motorcycling, so he gave it to me. But I was in high school, going to college, and just didn't particularly feel an interest, so I gave it away. They say there are two types of motorcycle riders; those that have had an accident and those that will. I'm not really opposed to the idea of motorcycling, but not exactly interested either, although maybe one day I'll try.

pssst: scooters are actually cooler.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ah.

Is there any other way to ride home on your first motorcycle? :p

pssst: scooters are actually cooler.
I drive on highways a lot so scooters are not optimal. A scooter would be decent for a work commute, but I'd arrive with helmet hair.

That's the main thing, that a motorcycle or scooter, due to weather and other variables, would have to be a secondary mode of transport to my compact car. So it's extra metal, extra money, but saves some gas during trips it takes, increases threat of bodily harm, gives me helmet hair, might be more fun, etc. A lot of trade offs to consider.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I drive on highways a lot so scooters are not optimal. A scooter would be decent for a work commute, but I'd arrive with helmet hair.

That's the main thing, that a motorcycle or scooter, due to weather and other variables, would have to be a secondary mode of transport to my compact car. So it's extra metal, extra money, but saves some gas during trips it takes, increases threat of bodily harm, gives me helmet hair, might be more fun, etc. A lot of trade offs to consider.

Yeah. Unless you live somewhere with weather like southern cal, a motorcycle is mostly a toy. A dangerous one too: the threat of bodily harm is what made me give it up. Too many people on cellphones (and who knows what else) on the road these days.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I confess it took me about 6 months to get over the fear of riding, and I never did get over it completely. I had to stop every hour or less because I'd get vertigo.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Vertigo? Man, that would only have to happen to me once and I'd put the bike up for sale. :p

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I only rode for 3 summers. Then a prospective buyer dumped it and ran. It was worth less than a grand by then. Never again.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I only rode for 3 summers. Then a prospective buyer dumped it and ran. It was worth less than a grand by then. Never again.

Oh man. That's why you should always get some kind of callatoral before you turn the keys over to anybody. :eek:

(says the guy who's had two bikes wrecked and who-knows-how-many damaged by lending them to friends).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh man. That's why you should always get some kind of callatoral before you turn the keys over to anybody. :eek:
(says the guy who's had two bikes wrecked and who-knows-how-many damaged by lending them to friends).
Don't lend out trailers either.