• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Confessions

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I know! What's even weirder is that he talks back to me.

This place is just creepy, isn't it?

Frustrating too. Now it won't let me post pictures again.

-----> (*insert cartoon monkey and smart*** comment here*)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Frustrating too. Now it won't let me post pictures again.

-----> (*insert cartoon monkey and smart*** comment here*)

That's good enough for now. (Well, at least for a talking monkey. :D)

Some true confessions:

-I usually listen to heavy metal music when I want to relax.

-I rarely watch TV, TV shows, or movies. The last time I watched a full movie was over two years ago.

-My favorite kind of chocolate is 85-95% dark chocolate. Most ones with more sugar than that taste like a dose of raw sugar when I eat them.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh man. That's why you should always get some kind of callatoral before you turn the keys over to anybody. :eek:

(says the guy who's had two bikes wrecked and who-knows-how-many damaged by lending them to friends).

I confess to being fooled once by some irresponsible kid. :) Just glad the bike wasn't expensive. '81 Yamaha 650 if you have to ask.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I confess to being fooled once by some irresponsible kid. :) Just glad the bike wasn't expensive. '81 Yamaha 650 if you have to ask.

Ah, so a semi-cheap lesson then. :p

I used to love those old bikes. that way, when they broke down I could rationalize my laziness by telling myself, "Hey, why spend x amount of $ on new parts and have to do all that work when you can spend the same x amount of $ and just buy another one?". :p

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
*confesses he was waiting for the comment and is now eager to know what it was going to say*

Beats me. :shrug:

I never know what he's going to say until I see what he made me post.

"I was gonna say, 'when the imaginary talking monkeys stop talking to you, that's when you should worry' "

That doesn't make any sense, Naykid.

"So? ever read any of your other posts?"

Shut up Naykid.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh yeah, sure! It's so easy for you to claim you have a crush on me because of my dynamic and exciting combination of brilliant ignorance and inspiring arrogance, but I don't see no proof! I've invited you time and time again to come visit me in Colorado. For the past months, I've even left my porch light on just in case you showed up after dark like some sneaky Arab assassin. And I even voted to legalize hashish in my state just to make you feel at home. But have you ever dropped by for coffee and hashish? Huh? So far as I can tell, you ain't even started out yet. Just how ignorant do you think I am? I know damn well Little Egypt, Illinois, is only a thousand miles from Colorado. You could have walked here by now!

What a cutie!!

No sweety, it's not that Egypt, there's another one. Totally far away, a land of savages.

I would totally come over if i can

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I'm an emotional eater. I'm trying my best to get in shape and to keep myself at a good weight, but whenever I'm sad or feel a surge of great emotion (good or bad), I feel the need to eat a lot of food.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I confess that the very first time i drove a car i had a major accident. That day, i didn't actually have a license yet, and i didn't have my father's permission to drive the car. He was stalling in teaching me how to drive, so i decided to steal it and drive it around the neighborhood a little bit.

At 4:00 am, i was driving it and i was thinking "Damn! This is easy", and so i started getting comfortable. Long story short, because of a large truck showing up out of nowhere i ended up crashing in 5 or 6 parked cars. A whole row basically, and woke up everybody in the street. The owners of the cars got down from their apartments immediately and, as soon as they recovered from the shock (as well as the unceremonious rise from deep sleep), they demanded compensation.

So i had to walk home, wake my father up, tell him that i stole the car, then tell him that i crashed it in a whole bunch of other cars, and that the owners of those cars are currently waiting for him to come over and pay up.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What a cutie!!

No sweety, it's not that Egypt, there's another one. Totally far away, a land of savages.

I would totally come over if i can

Huh? Really? You're from that Egypt? But, Badran, that Egypt is so old it's, like, hopelessly passe. I mean, it is so yesterday. When has anyone with any fashion sense last been seen there since Cleopatra and Mark Anthony? And besides, you might not know this, but I've heard the place is so full of Arabs, its positively backwards! But I guess I need to forgive you for not dropping by for coffee and hashish yet. Jeebers, your nearest airport is, like, in Italy, isn't it?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I confess that I sometimes re-read posts a few times or more to check the placement of commas, periods, and other punctuation marks, as well as to see whether I can learn any new words from them. That has resulted in me memorizing almost whole paragraphs from posts at times.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Huh? Really? You're from that Egypt? But, Badran, that Egypt is so old it's, like, hopelessly passe. I mean, it is so yesterday. When has anyone with any fashion sense last been seen there since Cleopatra and Mark Anthony?

I'm here. Isn't that enough?

And besides, you might not know this, but I've heard the place is so full of Arabs, its positively backwards!

Yeah, yeah, i understand. Thing is though, Sunstone, if you'll note, i too am an Arab.

Remember?!!

But I guess I need to forgive you for not dropping by for coffee and hashish yet. Jeebers, your nearest airport is, like, in Italy, isn't it?

Actually we have an excellent airport but the number of successful take offs remains to be 0.

We're still grappling with the mechanics of it all.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a slight speech impediment that sounds like a minor accent.

When I was four, chronic severe ear infections made me nearly go deaf, which is a critical time for language development I guess, so I stopped playing with other kids since I was in pain and couldn't hear them anyway, and didn't talk much for those months until my mother eventually realized what the problem was. Surgery fixed the problem but then a few years later I had to have regular appointments with a speech therapist to fix several of my letter pronunciations which were really bad. After that, the impediment became minor like an accent or something.