• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
It bothers me, but if my house were on fire, the moral fortitude of the firefighter is not as important as his ability to do the job at hand.

Is America burning at this point? Are we in such a sorry state right now that an "ends justify the means" scenario is applicable in this moment?

Honestly, I'm not sure how effective of a world leader Trump can be with all the baggage he carries around with him. Imagine someone enthralled in criminal cases while also leading not just a nation, but the most influential nation on earth (currently). The concept is boggling

Pogo

Is America burning at this point? Are we in such a sorry state right now that an "ends justify the means" scenario is applicable in this moment?

Honestly, I'm not sure how effective of a world leader Trump can be with all the baggage he carries around with him. Imagine someone enthralled in criminal cases while also leading not just a nation, but the most influential nation on earth (currently). The concept is boggling
World Leader? read any European media and they are dreading his return. The only people who would welcome him are Xi and Putin and a few other dictators who stand to gain from the failure of western democracy.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Do you support Donald Trump for president in 2024? Why, or why not?
Short answer: No

Long answer:

1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

6. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

7. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

8. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: "The president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

9. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

freelight

Soul Pioneer
His being civilly liable for sexual abuse doesn't bother you?

It doesnt, unless such is proven in court with ample evidence.......are you aware of all the crimes of the Biden family which SURPASS anything on Trump? - besides all that corruption, We had it way better under Trump! -

~*~*~

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It doesnt, unless such is proven in court with ample evidence.......are you aware of all the crimes of the Biden family which SURPASS anything on Trump? - besides all that corruption, We had it way better under Trump!

What nonsense. Trump has bragged about his sexual exploits against a woman's will, and which Biden corruption has supposedly been proven?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It doesnt, unless such is proven in court with ample evidence.......are you aware of all the crimes of the Biden family which SURPASS anything on Trump? - besides all that corruption, We had it way better under Trump! -

~*~*~
It doesn't?? He was found civilly liable in a court of law. We've even got audio tape of him bragging about grabbing women by the private parts without their consent. What more do you need??
All I have to say about that is ... ick.

There is zero evidence so far of any "crimes of the Biden family." The last "whistle blower" turned out to be a foreign agent for China, and has been charged with arms trafficking. The latest "whistleblower" turned out to be working with the Russians. :facepalm:

So, in summary, it doesn't bother you that Trump has been found civilly liable for sexual abuse, in an actual court of law, because you don't think there was "ample evidence" or something .... ? But without any trial or any evidence at all, you claim Biden and his family to be criminals. How does that work, exactly?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I prefer the policies Trump enacted over the policies Biden enacted.
Its why Trump is going to win the election.

He had a very good first term with the nation in much better shape before the nutcase leftests destroyed just about every policy Trump had implemented and created the disgusting situations we see now.

The American people are sick and tired of Ole dementia Joe who can barely tell what time of day it is.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

He had a very good first term with the nation in much better shape before the nutcase leftests destroyed just about every policy Trump had implemented and created the disgusting situations we see now.

The American people are sick and tired of Ole dementia Joe who can barely tell what time of day it is.
I can only conclude that you have no recollection about where Trump left you off. By every single metric you can name you are much better off now in 2024 than you were in 2020. Name it, employment, stock market, inflation, supply chain, trade, .... name it.

I will grant you that gas prices were a little lower, but only because no one was going anywhere.

Twilight Hue

I can only conclude that you have no recollection about where Trump left you off. By every single metric you can name you are much better off now in 2024 than you were in 2020. Name it, employment, stock market, inflation, supply chain, trade, .... name it.

I will grant you that gas prices were a little lower, but only because no one was going anywhere.
I'd say your in the minority with that opinion.

More people say they are worse off under Biden. I'm one of them.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'd say your in the minority with that opinion.

More people say they are worse off under Biden. I'm one of them.
I have a great deal of respect for the concept of Democracy. And I hope your country manages to keep it.

But reality is not determined by popular vote. There are facts, numbers, statistics. And it doesn't matter if the majority of people reject them, they are still real.

I think there are a lot of people who can't remember as far back as 2020.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
His being civilly liable for sexual abuse doesn't bother you?
The simple truth is this: he is an adjudicated rapist and an adjudicated insurrectionist. Those judgments are available for anybody to read,

"The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was “raped” within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump “raped” her as many people commonly understand the word “rape.” Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that."​

"298. Consequently, the Court finds that Petitioners have established that Trump engaged in an insurrection on January 6, 2021 through incitement, and that the First Amendment does not protect Trump’s speech."​

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Did you see Trump's "speech" yesterday? Eesh.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The simple truth is this: he is an adjudicated rapist and an adjudicated insurrectionist. Those judgments are available for anybody to read,

"The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was “raped” within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump “raped” her as many people commonly understand the word “rape.” Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that."​

"298. Consequently, the Court finds that Petitioners have established that Trump engaged in an insurrection on January 6, 2021 through incitement, and that the First Amendment does not protect Trump’s speech."​
Yep. And it seems that his supporters simply Do. Not. Care. They're fine supporting a rapist and an insurrectionist.

Twilight Hue

See Post #353.

He's been found civilly liable for rape. You don't care. Like I said.
I care about criminal charges. Not some money grab by a woman who can't even tell what year it happened much less produce the dress she claims to allegedly have in her possession.