• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Yeah. The woods.

I see. Good idea if you can sustain it. I've always been close to the woods. The scenario I see is natural or manmade disaster. The people in the city, typically the left, will be done for, probably not being able to get to the rural areas, where churches will probably be the hubs of what's left of society. Food, medicine, news, community. They have guns there. To hunt and fight off the relatively small hordes of surviving city dwellers.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I see. Good idea if you can sustain it. I've always been close to the woods.
Thank you.
The scenario I see is natural or manmade disaster. The people in the city, typically the left, will be done for, probably not being able to get to the rural areas, where churches will probably be the hubs of what's left of society. Food, medicine, news, community. They have guns there. To hunt and fight off the relatively small hordes of surviving city dwellers.

Too many assumptions that don't reflect reality here so I'm not responding. Good day.

Tired tropes are tired.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Thank you.

Too many assumptions that don't reflect reality here so I'm not responding. Good day.

Tired tropes are tired.
How is it that my interpretation of possible events of natural or manmade catastrophes could possibly illicit such a response and why?

Why not just give me your interpretation? Constructively criticize mine, and I will do the same for you. Why the anger?

People fascinate and bore me simultaneously.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
How is it that my interpretation of possible events of natural or manmade catastrophes could possibly illicit such a response and why?
Because it's exactly that an interpretation and assumption. Future tripping. Aka predicting the future.
Why not just give me your interpretation? Constructively criticize mine, and I will do the same for you.
I don't feel like it.
Why the anger?
No anger here at all. I just don't talk with assumptions.
People fascinate and bore me simultaneously.
People are wonderful. But they scare me.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I merely corrected you.
You needed correcting.
Gosh, that's the same reasoning that led me to correct your cantankerously incorrect correction. ;)

....especially when their usage is correct for the context in which it occurs.

You're planning to die on that hill, eh.
Ignorance can be aggressive.

I'm a linguist. I'm always willing to die for a wordy cause.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a linguist. I'm always willing to die for a wordy cause.
A linguist, eh. Cunning?
To claim such authority as justification for your mis-use
of the term is most lame.
I have greater expertise, having been a competitive
shooter, & been in the weapon design business
(as an engineer). But I don't base my claim on this.

Last edited: