• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Ebionite

House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) today subpoenaed U.S. Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle to appear at a hearing,

"The lack of transparency and failure to cooperate with the Committee on this pressing matter by both DHS and the Secret Service further calls into question your ability to lead the Secret Service and necessitates the attached subpoena compelling your appearance before the Oversight Committee."

We Never Know

No Slack
"The lack of transparency and failure to cooperate with the Committee on this pressing matter by both DHS and the Secret Service further calls into question your ability to lead the Secret Service and necessitates the attached subpoena compelling your appearance before the Oversight Committee."

Maybe you missed this second link..

"The Department of Homeland Security’s(DHS) inspector general’s office will investigate the Secret Service"

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
main-qimg-c8d278161d5fa793ee53ee7638abdf9a.jpeg

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I would say that it tells me more about both but actually it doesn't tell me anything I already didn't know. No more than the 15 or so assassination attempts on Regan, Ford, Carter, etc. (Source)

How far into the dregs of humanity will fake, stupid ideology take us? All the way down.

Gun violence is gun violence. No ideology required.

But enjoy whatever it is you have to say.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Another way to avoid the argument is not to scold people when they use a term correctly, but only in normal everyday language.
That's specious.
If you read thru gun control discussion, you'd discover that I don't avoid the argument.

You scolded me for using a term incorrectly and told me that I could avoid an argument with you by not doing that. I merely told you that another way to avoid such an argument was for you not to scold people, especially when their usage is correct for the context in which it occurs. I wasn't accusing you of avoiding the argument, but of starting it in the first place with nitpicking over how to "accurately" define an "assault rifle".

I discuss many aspects of it in detail, & even make proposals for useful regulation. You should participate.

Again, my whole point was that engaging in such a discussion is irrelevant, but those proposals would be helpful in a thread on gun control rather than the attempted assassination of Donald Trump with an assault weapon wielded by a deranged young man wearing a t-shirt glorifying a YouTube channel that glorifies guns. In the end, who cares what technical name applies to the type of gun he used? "Assault rifle" is accurate enough to describe what it was.

Are you just miffed for being wrong?

About what? That your detailed discussion of what to call the weapon was irrelevant? Nope.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Gun violence is gun violence. No ideology required.

But enjoy whatever it is you have to say.
Sounds like ideology to me. Violence is violence, whether by gun, knife, sword, bomb, bullet, chemical and nuclear weapons, fist, baseball bat, automobile, etc. etc.

We Never Know

No Slack
Here's some better source(s):

In the video I saw, when they were trying to get Trump off stage he said let me get my shoes a few times. Worried about his dang shoes lol

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Sadly its that way in many cases.

Popularity of the knowns vs the unknowns drives it all.

Another good examples of that is movie stars.
Some kids being shot will be put in the shadows if a movie star is shot.
It all boils down to greed and money. The ability to buy politics is alive and well. We will fall as a nation before it is ever fixed. That's why I'm planning my exit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You scolded me for using a term incorrectly and told me that I could avoid an argument with you by not doing that. I merely told you that another way to avoid such an argument was for you not to scold people.....
I merely corrected you.
You needed correcting.
....especially when their usage is correct for the context in which it occurs.
You're planning to die on that hill, eh.
Ignorance can be aggressive.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What part did you leave out?
  1. That your end goal is nothing more than to keep the conspiracy alive at any cost?
  2. That if it was not for your conspiracy theories you would have 95% less posts?
  3. You talk a big game but your support is so short it is almost non-existent?
  4. No one has to worry about tripping over your standards?
  5. That you think merely repeating a bold empty claim enough times will make the bold empty claim god given truth?

I can go on all day long.
How about you present what it is YOU think was forgotten?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not the one who ignored the facts that didn't fit with his preconceptions.
Well, once you start presenting facts, we can actually take a look at this bold empty claim...

Put options before a staged event are well known:

... the paper concludes that there is evidence of
unusual option market activity in the days leading up to September 11 that
is consistent with investors trading on advance knowledge of the attacks.

Yes, because we all know there are no conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Repeating yourself doesn't change the fact that incompetence doesn't explain foreknowledge.
Repeating yourself does not change the fact that you have not demonstrated any one had foreknowledge, you have merely declared it.