• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump commutes sentence of Alice Marie Johnson

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
that's liberal democrats for ya
So? That's people on the Left in general for you. We don't agree with punishing and abusing people who in a state of medical crisis. They need medical attention, not confinement in over crowded and crappy conditions. And if the person doesn't have an addiction, oh well. If someone wants to get high on their own time, just let them. It's better for everyone, including those who aren't directly involved. Do you think Jesus would take care of a drug addict, or snub his nose at them and those who do?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No I don't, even if I could I can't cause I don't live in America currently.

you realize the made 180k for themselves, paid 20k to charity but got tax cut for 200k? That's fraud. I am willing to gamble that this is a regular behavior amongst corporations that know how to manipulate the tax system.

Proof? References? Cases? Don't you think if this was so transparent to you that the IRS would have figured it out also? Show us the money!

Shad

Veteran Member
No I don't, even if I could I can't cause I don't live in America currently.

There are no similar charity based tax refunds in your nation? A similar system exists in Canada.

So if a small business owned by a family donates to charity are they only doing it to abuse the tax system?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
There are no similar charity based tax refunds in your nation? A similar system exists in Canada.

So if a small business owned by a family donates to charity are they only doing it to abuse the tax system?
I'm American, I make money through a PT I set up in America but do not reside in America, any donations I could give I doubt I would be able to get a tax cut on them, nor would I want to. Where the hell did I say small fam fam bizz? No where please read my comments more carefully before you start putting words in my mouth.

Shad

Veteran Member
Where the hell did I say small fam fam bizz?

Corporations can be small or large. I gave an example of a small one. Were you talking only about mega corporations?

No where please read my comments more carefully before you start putting words in my mouth.

I read. You have memory issues.

Like charity from a corporation.

As per the above I gave an example of a small corporation which may not be the "scum" label you toss out.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Which small family business you know can shell out a few hundred thousand dollars to a charity? It is extremely hard to have your own company in America. you get docked an extra 15% just for being self employed, the benefits aren't even close to immediate.