• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Got it.

Still did NOTHING to change minds or convince anyone to vote one way or the other.
I'm not sure that you have a good grasp on human nature. People rarely signal their changes of heart publicly -- it is generally felt as a very private thing. Fortunately, the polling booth is private.

Pogo

Trump proved what a sad and weak person he really is. He fell for her provocations over and over and over again.
Just as he falls for Putin's, Kim's, Xi's and now his new faves Orban's and Musk's flattery.

Most poodles are more discerning.

We Never Know

No Slack
Last night, Trump made Biden in the first debate look good.
He really was awful, so easily baited by Harris. All she had to do was dangle one of his key obsessions before him and he took the bait and started talking gibberish.
We must have watched different debates.
Biden's is still the worst I have ever seen.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've got a brilliant idea! Let's cut our military budget significantly and maybe we won't have to raise taxes much to offer medical care via the government!
There's a lot of waste to be sure, but given the reality of an aggressive Russia, China and other nations, we have to maintain a strong military.

Clizby Wampuscat

You’d like to believe that since Trump was a raving lunatic. Nearly 2/3 say Harris won the debate.
So what. 96% of people said it did not change their vote.
But we all saw Trump ranting lies on and on.
Yes, and Harris told lies as well. Do you care about that?
As desperate as Trump saying he got more votes in 2020 than any other sitting president. Of course he didn’t say that Biden got 7 million more votes. He still can’t admit he lost. The man is disturbed. And a disgrace.
Ok, your insults of Trump I guess make you feel better. The polls are basically a tie due to the margin of error. The polls in 2016 and 2020 underrepresented Trump by 7.2 points in 2020 and 3.2 points in 2016. So Trump is ahead. Looking at the individual states Trump will win the electoral college if election was today. That is not going to be swayed by the debate. It is going to be close either way.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
By the way, a bit of polling data. It's mysterious to me but Trump won on some points. But this is key for me: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/11/kamala-harris-debate-performance-polls/

The finding that really jumps out at me: While few voters said the debate changed or could impact their vote, Trump voters were about twice as likely as Harris supporters to say it at least made them “reconsider” it.​
Nearly one-quarter of Trump supporters said that; 6 percent said it changed their vote, and 17 percent said it made them reconsider it. That’s more than the Biden supporters who said the same after the June 27 debate. And if Trump loses even a fraction of those voters, that could matter.
Trump also seemed to suffer from his often-gauzy plans. Despite some consternation about a lack of a detailed policy agenda from Harris, debate-watchers said Harris provided “a better plan for solving the country’s problems” by a 42-33 margin. That’s a reversal from the first debate, when voters thought Trump had a better plan than Biden by a 15-point margin.​
Favorable opinions of Harris also increased by six points among debate-watchers, from 39 percent before the debate to 45 percent. That’s the biggest image gain for a candidate in the seven times CNN has asked this question before and after a presidential debate since 2008.​
But it’s not actually the biggest shift in all CNN debate polling. The pollster asked the same question before and after the 2020 vice-presidential debate, when Harris faced then-Vice President Mike Pence. Harris not only won the debate 59-38, but her favorable ratings also increased by seven points among debate-watchers.​

We Never Know

No Slack
Are you unwilling to answer the question about failure being equal or not?
I'm saying its irrelevant. They both failed.

Rev and Billy take a test.
Rev fails by 5 points
Billy fails by 15 points.

The teacher informs them they both failed.
Rev exclaims but Billy failed worse!
The teacher says that's irrelevant.
It doesn't change your grade. You both failed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm saying its irrelevant. They both failed.

Rev and Billy take a test.
Rev fails by 5 points
Billy fails by 15 points.

The teacher informs them they both failed.
Rev exclaims but Billy failed worse!
The teacher says that's irrelevant.
It doesn't change your grade. You both failed.
Able but unwilling, eh.
How utterly lame.

Gawd, this is fun!

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
So what. 96% of people said it did not change their vote.
So says the guy that posted polls in his prior comment. And then cites another poll. So good, Harris must have 4% more support since Trump was a raving lunatic, and was in no way the winner (unless lies is the standrad for winning).
Yes, and Harris told lies as well. Do you care about that?
A few embellishments which isn't unusual for a politican. And not a single word acknowledging that Trump lied. I guess your making this tit-for-tat comment suggests you admit Trump lied.

She is nowhere near Trump's level of chronic and habitual lying. Most every comment he mad ein the debate included a lie. It was an outstanding performance to fans of the lying criminal candidate.
Ok, your insults of Trump I guess make you feel better.
Trump is a disturbed man, and a convicted felon. He opens himself up to critcism and condemnation. I wonder if you are feeling like these criticism are personal since you are a full hard core MAGA. You have to cope with the stain Trump leaves on your reputation and character bu supporting him so passionately and emotionally. Your choice, you face the fallout.
The polls are basically a tie due to the margin of error.
Hard to believe that nearly half the nation thinks Trump is competent and fit to be president. It surely seems related to cult like devotion. Remember Jim Jones? Those poor souls believed his lies, and they literally drank the Kool-Aid. My concern is that if Trump loses will MAGAs follow his orders to attack any number of targets> I could see Trump ordering his followers to vandalize homes and businesses of anyone who has Harris signs. Could you imagine thousands of MAGAs throwing Molotiv cocktails through windows of Harris voters, and perhaps killing families? This wouldn;t be like Jan 6 where the MAGA criminal videoed themselves doing the crimes, these would be people at night attacking citizens. I've seen nearly a hundred Harris/Walz signs in my city, and only one Trump sign. I worry that these homes might become targets for MAGAs.

How about you, would you follow Trump's order to attack your fellow citizens if he loses? Would you commit any vioelnce if he claims it was stolen again?
The polls in 2016 and 2020 underrepresented Trump by 7.2 points in 2020 and 3.2 points in 2016. So Trump is ahead. Looking at the individual states Trump will win the electoral college if election was today. That is not going to be swayed by the debate. It is going to be close either way.
Yeah, I have no idea why so many citizens are saying Trump. The guy is obviously more unstable and even less coherent than in 2020. And Harris is a better candidate than Biden was in 2020. I have no idea what is going on in the minds of half of America. It makes no sense.

Bear Wild

All that he says makes sense to me.
Macroeconomics is complex.
And Trump does not understand it at all. Because of a friend if mine I have followed him for years. He has always been known to make up things to sound not only more correct but billions and billions of times more correct than anyone has ever been since the dawn of time. His niece and nephew had considerable insight on him and why he has this abnormal need to be superior to everyone.