• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

F1fan

Veteran Member
Some people steal dogs and cats to sell them for research.
So could/would someone steal them to eat?
Its possible IMO because some people do eat them.
It's possible you know this because you do it. Let's speculate some more, shall we? This is how people end up justifying and believing the lies Trump and Vance say.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Says you, the "I have no idea why this presidential candidate would spread false rumours against this particular immigrant group" person.

He's a racist, delusional nutcase tearing your country apart. Admit it already.
You've drunk the Koolaid and I haven't.

We Never Know

No Slack
Why THIS lie, specifically.
This particular story I assume is to try to strengthen his border pitch about illegal aliens.
Since we don't share a border with Haiti, that's obviously not the case.
We don't have to share a border with a country for them to come here as illegal aliens/seeking asylum. We don't share a border with many of the countries that people are coming from and tracking their way through Mexico to get here. Venezuela is one.

What do you think he is trying to suggest about specific groups?
This particular story I assume is to try to strengthen his border pitch about illegal aliens.

Yes, that's exactly it. It's easier to stir up animosity against black groups than non-black groups. That's the reason he chose Haitians, it's the reason he chose Ohio, and it's the reason he spread the lie.
Yet Trump needs the black vote to win.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You've drunk the Koolaid and I haven't.
Weird that should say this while implicitly defending someone spreading a demonstrable lie on national television designed to stoke racial tension against a minority group.

Noooo, I'm sure he has perfectly innocent reasons for claiming Haitians in Ohio are stealing cats and dogs and eating them. I'm sure he just picked that one specific lie out of a hat at random and chose that particular platform to say it for reasons of genuine concern and a desire to sincerely investigate the possibility of it actually happening.

Have fun continuing to defend that disgraceful embartassment of a human.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There are multiple backsides that these stories are pouring out of. We're looking at a dung heap. If it were just one story, this would probably favor Kamala. You can laugh at one story or two stories or maybe three stories, but when the stories keep coming, your denial looks out of place.
There are ZERO.

And Vance admitted to creating the story.

But here you are still claiming that this is a real story.
And if it was just one delusional moment, it would've favored Kamala long-term. But Springfield is a real place with real problems, so it turns towards Trump over time.
As I pointed out in my last post, the problems in Springfield have nothing to do with anyone stealing and eating cats and dogs.

You say these are delusions, but it may be that you have difficulty taking an unbiased view.
Judging from your responses here, that appears to be you. Look at you pushing a fake story. Still.
The most delusional comment from Kamala was her suggestion that Trump is anti-semitic.
That's not delusional. Have you heard him speak to Jews?
Last week he told them it will be their fault if he loses. He speaks to them and about them in anti-Semitic tropes and stereotypes constantly.
The police have said that the bomb threats are coming from other countries. That's international attention, which might not be helpful

They also declined to attend a townhall in Springfield to discuss the issue with residents. It's not convenient for them.

The Biden-Kamala administration is almost entirely to blame for the massive increase in illegal immigration.
The Haitians in Springfield are not illegal immigrants. So please explain how Biden and Harris are responsible for them.
Perhaps you are spreading very unhelpful disinformation.
That would be you. As pointed out several times throughout my last post.
The Charlottesville hoax is the most obvious delusion.
Sorry, what hoax? A woman was killed there.
Just because you don't believe what residents in Springfield are saying doesn't mean they are lying. Just because you don't believe video of cat being grilled doesn't mean it isn't happening. All you really have here is that the authorities in Springfield don't confirm what residents are saying.
I never said anyone in Springfield was lying about anything.
I'm saying you, Trump and J.D. Vance are spreading lies about people stealing and eating cats and dogs.
Let's think about it for two seconds, should we stop talking about the issues because other countries deliver bomb threats to Springfield? Think harder.
You're not talking about any actual issues that are going on in Springfield. You're talking about a fake story meant to demonize and marginalize a whole group of people.
We should have free and open discussion on the issues. How about that?
That's what we're doing.
It's not out of touch to talk about the impact of immigration on the U.S. It is out of touch to deny there is an impact.
Who has denied that immigration impacts the US?
Maybe I should watch more Fox News so that I can be more aware of their talking points.
You parrot them almost word for word.
In fact, these are Fox News talking points support the point I'm making, which is that over time the Springfield issue will favor Trump.
LOL
But you do acknowledge that Kamala wasn't fact-checked by the moderators.
She was, in fact. Did you miss the question where she was asked about how she has apparently flip flopped on multiple issues? Or did you not even watch it?

And again, I've already pointed out to you that Trump was only fact checked on the absolutely insane things he said.
Trump claimed there was an increase in crime. The moderators fact-checked and said that there hadn't been.
They're right.
Perhaps, you should stop spreading lies, because we should have more discussion about Springfield, not less.
YOU Are. Spreading. Lies. About. Springfield.
Frustrations with the problems caused by immigration were aired by Springfield residents on Aug 27, 2024 at the Springfield City Commission Meeting. What exactly did Vance admit to doing? Do you know?
How many of them said the problem with Haitian migrants is that they're stealing peoples' dogs and cats and eating them?
Kamala seemed to have been unaware of it altogether.
Evidence?
Betweeen the car crashes and the overloaded health care system we can agree that eating a few pets might not be the biggest problem caused by immigration in Springfield.
It's not a problem at all.
We can also agree that the pet comment brings more attention to the issues Springfield faces than simply saying their health care system is overloaded. In terms of bringing an issue to the attention of the public, Trump knocked it out of the park. And because there is a legitimate immigration issue in Springfield, this swings in Trump's favor as time passes.
It brings negative attention, and death and bomb threats. Yay. How great for them! Good times!

What a bizarre POV you've got there. But when you have to defend Dear Leader's lies at all costs, that tends to happen.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So she HAS flipped on various issues.
No more than you flipped on what state to live in. People change their minds. When she does it, you call it flip-flopping as if it were some character flaw. I doubt you use such language to describe yourself.
I say it could have happened, and not just because SOME PEOPLE SOMEWHERE HAVE EATEN CATS. I am saying that Haitians eat cats, so it's far from impossible for it to have happened in Springfield Ohio though there does not appear to be any evidence that it has happened.
We know that it's physically possible to eat a cat, which is why we KNOW that you might have stolen, killed, dressed, and eaten one yourself last night. In your own words, "it could have happened." In your own words, some people eat cats.

Please don't try to deny the possibility. It will look suspicious.
IMO if someone else had said it, it would be plausible. Trump/Vance said it so it has to be a lie. That's it in a nutshell
There is more evidence than that, but yes, if Trump says anything, it's probably a lie. Character matters. History matters - well, for some if not all.
No matter what Trump says or does, some see it as lies and wrong is pretty much fact.
No argument there.

I heard him say that he golfs when asked what he does for his health and recognized that he hadn't lied in that single sentence, which was noteworthy. He's still claiming that he won the 2020 election and the debate. That's the Trump we know and loathe.
Racial hatred? When did being Haitian become a race?
He hates Haitians for being black. He's well-known as a racist since his early days when his racist father was still alive.

Why do you come to this monster's defense? He needs to be defeated. He also needs to pay his financial judgments, tried for at least three more crimes, and placed in prison for the ones he is convicted of. Do you disagree?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Except the Haitian immigrants in Ohio aren't illegal immigrants. So why did he spread a lie about them?

We don't have to share a border with a country for them to come here as illegal aliens/seeking asylum. We don't share a border with many of the countries that people are coming from and tracking their way through Mexico to get here. Venezuela is one.
Again, Haitian immigrants in Ohio didn't go there illegally. So why has he singled them out?

This is like saying "Obviously, the reason Trump said all non-murderers rape goats is to strengthen his policy against murderers".

Once again, Haitians in Ohio are not there illegally. So why this story, since it has no relation to either border defence or illegal immigration broadly?

Yet Trump needs the black vote to win.
Trump needs to not be on the table at all, and the fact that someone so uniquely unqualified was ever president in the first place should be a mark of national embarrassment for America.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No more than you flipped on what state to live in. People change their minds. When she does it, you call it flip-flopping as if it were some character flaw. I doubt you use such language to describe yourself.

We know that it's physically possible to eat a cat, which is why we KNOW that you might have stolen, killed, dressed, and eaten one yourself last night. In your own words, "it could have happened." In your own words, some people eat cats.

Please don't try to deny the possibility. It will look suspicious.
Silliness.

F1fan

Veteran Member
IMO if someone else had said it, it would be plausible.
At face value we look at personal credibility when a person makes a claim. There are members on RF that have an excellent reputation for being factually correct and using lucid analysis and reasoning, and they have earned the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand there are members who are on the opposite side of this spectrum and have lost credibilty. When I see their posts I treat them immediately with skepticism.
Trump/Vance said it so it has to be a lie.
That is the reputation both have created. And they know better, but since they can't win on ideas they use lies and emotional manipulation. Their reputation is so bad that I do treat anything they say as untrue. And given their actions on this Haitian imigrant lie they continue to reinforce my judgment that they can't be trusted in any way.
That's it in a nutshell
Your reputation is one of black and white thinking, and lack the skill or ability for nuanced critical thought. You seem to want to simplify things so they fit into one category or another, and avoid any alternative categories that are more accurate.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have always been very clear.
giphy.gif

We Never Know

No Slack
Your reputation is one of black and white thinking, and lack the skill or ability for nuanced critical thought. You seem to want to simplify things so they fit into one category or another, and avoid any alternative categories that are more accurate.

My reputation is I don't play favorites.
I don't hate one and love the other.

As for lack the skill or ability for nuanced critical thought, that's you and the box you live in.

As for your personal attacks, shove them up where your head is.

Cheers.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Can't you do better than personal attack?
Yeah silly question lol
So you don't deny that it could have been you stealing pets nd selling them for research. I brought it up since you mentioned things having happened, regardless of how rare, as a basis to give Trump's lies a degree of credibility. If we aren't going to have any standards for what is probable versus what is possible then it's a free for all. Let your imagination run wild, and good luck making a rational argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you don't deny that it could have been you stealing pets nd selling them for research. I brought it up since you mentioned things having happened, regardless of how rare, as a basis to give Trump's lies a degree of credibility. If we aren't going to have any standards for what is probable versus what is possible then it's a free for all. Let your imagination run wild, and good luck making a rational argument.
Now that you mention it, he could very
well be a pet stealer & eater. It's possible.
He's offered no proof otherwise.