• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Catholics rape children.
Does this mean that Catholics in Springfield are raping children?
Why does Trump ignore this?

Disclaimer....
The above is to challenge your defense of
Trump's & Vance's claims that Haitians are
stealing & eating pets.
No, it does not mean that Catholics in Springfield are raping children or that pets in Springfield are being eaten. However, it does say that Haitians do eat cats.

Pogo

My reputation is I don't play favorites.
I don't hate one and love the other.

As for lack the skill or ability for nuanced critical thought, that's you and the box you live in.

As for your personal attacks, shove them up where your head is.

Cheers.
No you equivocate between a powerful figure accusing an entire community with heinous actions and the minor chance that anybody could perform unsavory actions without any actual evidence of either being performed.

This is specifically not critical thinking, it is justifying a pre-existing bias.

Steps of Critical Thinking
  • Identify the problem or question. ...
  • Gather data, opinions, and arguments. ...
  • Analyze and evaluate the data. ...
  • Identify assumptions. ...
  • Establish the significance. ...
  • Make a decision/reach a conclusion. ...
  • Present or communicate.

Cat ‘Stolen’ by Haitian Migrants in Ohio Was Actually Just in Cat Owner’s Basement

Yes it was reported, and investigated and found unfounded.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure it is. The $650 million appropriated during the Trump administration for border wall construction to be used for that purpose.

That purpose being construct the wall.
I see that you do not understand context. That was a small part of a bigger deal. Unless she supports that on its own it is not "flipping' it is compromising. Even the article that both of us linked pointed out that fact.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

I checked out this story and the website. It was put up by a blogger and has a Facebook page, but it could be one of those fake sites set up by a foreign source, e.g. Russia, for the purpose of stoking up division among US voters. Most of the site contains empty pages except for a few of these somewhat informative sounding articles. There is no evidence in the article to back up the claims, and most of the links are just to articles on the same website. One link does go to an external website devoted to caring for animals, but there is nothing there about people eating cats. Supposedly, the link was to back up the claim that eating cat meat is considered a delicacy. However, the picture of the cute kitten on your Haitianreport website came from a petition on that website.

One "factoid" in the article claims that Haitians traditionally eat cat meat during their Christmas "Reveyon" (also Réveillon) meal. This is false. See, for example,

5 Surprising Facts About Haitian Réveillon

Your article says "Haitians mostly eat cats on December 24th in a national festivity called "Reveyon", a big Christmas party." One might consider that a "surprising fact" about culinary practices in Haiti, but it isn't one of the five surprises discussed on the Caribbean Green Living page. In fact, I can find no information outside of social media posts that supports this claim.

Some people claim that Haitians who are starving have been known to eat cats. That could be true, but it would be true for any starving people. During Stalin's planned starvation of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians in the early 1930s--the so-called "Holodomor"--people did eat all the pets and any other kind of meat. There are documented reports of widespread cannibalism. This does not mean that Ukrainians are prone to cannibalism, just that they behave like human beings when under extreme duress.

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I don't know his reasoning.
Here's a hint:
Screenshot_20240924_125936_Facebook.jpg

Spice

We are seeing more and more desperation from MAGA's. Whether they are openly MAGAs or only show that they are such by their actions.
My next door neighbor and friend put out her yard sign today, but her back glass sticker on her car is over the top. And yes, I do ride with her sometimes as it's safe to do so around here. Good thing I don't concern myself on what folks think of me. LOL

Spice