• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Pogo

Some people steal dogs and cats to sell them for research.
So could/would someone steal them to eat?
Its possible IMO because some people do eat them.
No, people don't steal dogs for research, no stolen dog would ever qualify for use in that way.
This is a made up fantasy.
People might steal an animal in desperation to avoid starvation, but that is not what is being talked about.
Get real.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You never interacted with magas before then?
I'd always assumed they were at least above the level of "Trump said something blatantly false, but I am still going to implicitly defend it as within the realms of possibility even though I can't defend the claim itself".

I mean, on some level some form of cognitive self-awareness ought to kick-in, right? You can't possibly decide, using a capable, thinking brain, "I am going to implicitly defend this very obvious and clearly refuted lie, because I genuinely believe it can be defended".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You say it didn't happen. I say it could have happened, and not just because SOME PEOPLE SOMEWHERE HAVE EATEN CATS. I am saying that Haitians eat cats, so it's far from impossible for it to have happened in Springfield Ohio though there does not appear to be any evidence that it has happened. There are 15,000 to 20,000 Haitians living in Springfield, Ohio.

It is possible that it could have happened, although if it did, it might have been just one or two isolated instances. It's not as if immigrants are pouring into the country to eat our cats. There's already a great deal of animal cruelty going on, perpetrated mostly by our own homegrown population.

Another aspect I hear is that the right-wing brings a great deal of attention to every instance they can find of an illegal immigrant committing some sort of crime, such as rape or murder, in order to paint the entire group with the same brush. Even though the events did happen and the perpetrators will be tried and punished according to the law, it does seem deceptive and unfair to try to tar the entire group with that.

So, yes, maybe it did happen, but I'm not sure if that's the real issue here.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No matter what Trump says or does, some see it as lies and wrong is pretty much fact.
Again, delusional. People are calling this specific lie a lie because it is a lie.

Deal with that claim, don't imagine another one.

Hell some even think/thought he staged his own assassination attempt.
And some people think Elvis is alive. Deal with the fact that Trump spread an obvious lie to stir up racial hatred against immigrants.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Please explain to me why you're implicitly defending something you've acknowledged has no validity. The claim that Haitian immigrants in Ohio are stealing and eating pets.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, people don't steal dogs for research, no stolen dog would ever qualify for use in that way.
This is a made up fantasy.
People might steal an animal in desperation to avoid starvation, but that is not what is being talked about.
Get real.
Yes they do. Get out of your box.

• Some people sell stolen and lost animals for research and veterinary institutions that use dogs and cats for testing and biomedical experimentation. These groups are often referred to as Class B dealers. They are brokers who acquire their animals through flea markets, newspaper adds, and other less savory sources.

It used to be so bad there was an act passed for it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I said there are no official reports of Haitians eating cats in Springfield, Ohio. And apparently there aren't.
Right. So tell me why a former president, on national television in a presidential debate, said that it was happening.

Except for the obvious reason: to deliberately stir up racial tension against a minority group.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Right. So tell me why a former president, on national television in a presidential debate, said that it was happening.

Except for the obvious reason: to deliberately stir up racial tension against a minority group.
I have no idea why he is saying that it is happening. Or happened.

We Never Know

No Slack
Again, delusional. People are calling this specific lie a lie because it is a lie.
Deal with that claim, don't imagine another one.
I see no evidence of it, but I wasn't there.
Is Trump spreading social media BS, sure.
And some people think Elvis is alive. Deal with the fact that Trump spread an obvious lie to stir up racial hatred against immigrants.

Racial hatred? When did being Haitian become a race?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I see no evidence of it, but I wasn't there.
Is Trump spreading social media BS, sure.
Right.

Why?

Racial hatred? When did being Haitian become a race?
Are you serious?

Gee, what possible reason could there be for singling out this particular group of immigrants with a false claim that will stir up animosity against them?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I'd always assumed they were at least above the level of "Trump said something blatantly false, but I am still going to implicitly defend it as within the realms of possibility even though I can't defend the claim itself".

I mean, on some level some form of cognitive self-awareness ought to kick-in, right? You can't possibly decide, using a capable, thinking brain, "I am going to implicitly defend this very obvious and clearly refuted lie, because I genuinely believe it can be defended".
You'll be telling me two plus two isn't five next.

Kathryn

Yes you do. What possible reason could a famously anti-immigrant presidential candidate have for spreading false rumours against a specific immigrant population using outdated racial tropes?

You know it, you just won't admit it.
I don't know his reasoning.

We Never Know

No Slack
Right.

Why?
Its election year. Many lies are told.
This particular story I assume is to try to strengthen his border pitch about illegal aliens.
Are you serious?

Gee, what possible reason could there be for singling out this particular group of immigrants with a false claim that will stir up animosity against them?

I asked you. You can answer anytime or just admit you think he is doing it because they are black.

Kathryn

Yes you do. I can't believe you don't understand why someone would wilfully spread falsehoods that cast a particular group of people in a negative light on national television.

You do know why.
I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE SAID WHAT HE SAID. Nor do you.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Its election year. Many lies are told.
Why THIS lie, specifically.

This particular story I assume is to try to strengthen his border pitch.
Since America doesn't share a border with Haiti, that's obviously not the case. What do you think he is trying to suggest about specific groups?

I asked you. You can answer anytime or just admit you think he is doing it because they are black.
Yes, that's exactly it. It's easier to stir up animosity against black groups than non-black groups. That's the reason he chose Haitians, it's the reason he chose Ohio, and it's the reason he spread the lie.