• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Typical Trump confused, chaotic inane rambling. It's fun to submit to AI

Here's how Copilot rewrote that:

"Firstly, she is incapable of conducting an interview. She would be unable to handle this interview because it requires specific answers. Instead, she digresses to topics like her childhood lawn, showing she is not prepared to be President. She lacks the capacity to engage with leaders like President Xi, with whom I have negotiated hundreds of billions of dollars. With Putin, remember, we had no war during my term. To illustrate, under Bush, Russia gained a lot. Under Biden, they are attempting to take everything. Under Obama, they gained a lot. Under Trump, Russia gained nothing. Remember this simple chart of events. When they assumed power, they drastically reduced oil production, causing prices to skyrocket. It was projected to reach $10 per gallon, unprecedented figures. Hence, they reverted to my drilling policies, the only positive change, but ceased because I was no longer in office. Four years later, the figures would have tripled under my administration. Currently, they are nearly at the levels during my term, a change made only because an election is approaching. Recall the initial situation; this is partly why Putin invaded, as oil prices soared to $100 per barrel from $40, enabling him to finance wars due to his status as a major oil and gas seller. Consequently, they reverted to my policies, simply reopening production – a decision that seems irrational to them. Their actions are destroying lives and the country, particularly by allowing millions to enter, a situation we can rectify. We can resolve the gasoline crisis and other issues, as prices naturally decrease with energy availability, not by their intervention."​

And here is how they summarized Trump's specific mechanic of prices coming down under his guidance, which obviously has nothing to do with the question asked of him:

"It looks like the text you’ve selected is a critique of a political figure’s ability to handle interviews and international relations. The speaker contrasts their own achievements with those of past administrations, particularly in terms of dealing with Russia and oil prices. They argue that their policies were more effective and criticize current policies for potentially harming the country."​

Somebody get a straitjacket and a syringe of Abilify.
Do we really require Artificial Intelligence to try and interpret what our candidates are saying to us? What does that say about our candidates, then? You're right -- get the straitjacket and syringe.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I've seen a dissolving mind. My mother in law had Alzheimer's and my mom had vascular dementia. It's not pretty, believe me. My dad felt like he had a dissolving mind but he was sharp as a tack till the day he died at nearly 80.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I think it's very clear that the City Manager said he hadn't seen any proof. But this also shows that the City Commission has been aware of this issue since at least March 12. 2024.

So what? It was not a campaign issue until Trump and Vance turned it into one. Until then, it was just a bunch of residents in Springfield airing their grievances over the influx of Haitian immigrants. The cat-eating claim was a hysterical claim based on misreported hearsay that has since been retracted by the woman who made it. The idea that Haitians (along with other immigrant groups) eat cats and dogs existed as an urban myth long before March 12, so it is not surprising that it resurfaced when locals in Springfield were complaining about them. Given the lack of evidence to substantiate the claim, the City Commission ignored it, as well they should have.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been very candid and clear. Others won't take me at my word though I keep trying to tell them.
I must've missed your clarity.
Must've been in posts to others.
I am a Republican but I am not MAGA. This is not good enough for some people. Oh well. I'm also unlikely to be a racist. This is also not good enough for some people but I don't care about them. (Shrug)
This doesn't address your apparent defense of
claims that Haitians are stealing & eating pets.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Maybe she flip flopped on the wall as well as many other things. Meanwhile, I guess MSNBC and Salon are also not credible sources.

Oh, and it's hotter than Hades in Texas from May through September at the very least.
I have not heard of her supporting the wall.

Apparently, this is true, although it had nothing to do with the debate. Just an example of Harris flip-flopping in order to pander to those who are panicked over the border crisis. People have forgotten that these efforts to build a border law predated Trump. GW Bush tried to build his own wall. I know, because I was working for Boeing at the time, and they got the contract to build the "high tech" barrier. Some people I worked with were called off to help with the project. It was a total boondoggle from start to finish, wasting millions of taxpayer dollars and building very little actual wall, same as Trump's resurrection of that zombie project under his new branding. I doubt that Harris really understands the magnitude of the task and how much money has been wasted on it in the past, but this is an election year. Politicians gonna pander.

This kind of flip-flop is nothing compared to the whoppers committed by Trump, so it doesn't affect my support for her candidacy. It concerns me in that I think this kind of transparent pandering serves more to weaken her image than to strengthen it. The Biden administration has done pretty much all it could on the border issue in the absence of legislation, and Donald Trump is the one who body-slammed a perfectly good bipartisan bill to address it. The "wall" issue is an unnecessary red herring that lends credibility to Trump, not her.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The theme of this thread recently has been how unfair the media are to Trump, but the fact is that they give him a pass on his demented rambling, although that is just starting to change a bit.

Still, what media have called for Trump to drop out of the race? Before Biden did, the media spent weeks going on about Biden being too old and too cognitively impaired to run for president, but still have never said anything about Trumps age or dissolving mind.

This culminated with the media calling for Biden to drop out of the race:

New York Times urges Joe Biden to drop out of presidential race

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4748637-biden-debate-step-aside-newspapers/

Trump is approximately the same age and frequently has no idea where he is, confuses people for other people, and rambles on about sharks, electrocutions, and Hannibal Lecter as if he were a deceased historical figure. Yet, to my knowledge, just one news outlet called for Trump to drop out, and that was in late June:

To serve his country, Donald Trump should leave the race | Editorial Board

To all of you MAGA who repeat Trump's complaint about how unfair this all is for him, two things:
  • It's not; Trump has gotten a walk from the media and still does to this day as I just outlined.
  • If it were possible to be unfair to Trump (how can one be unfair to a man who has never been fair in his life and would steal your face right off of your head if he could and could sell it like tacky Bibles or sports shoes), why should the left care? This is war. This is an existential battle in defense of America and its Constitution. In war, one does what's necessary to neutralize the enemy. You don't play patty cake. If media bias were in favor of Harris instead of for Trump, why would patriotic Americans object? Americans mostly didn't object to the treatment of bin Laden or Hussein, and neither of them were 5% the existential threat Trump poses.
I said the same two thing frequently when RFers were claiming that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump: I don't believe you, and even if I did, not only would I not mind, I'd be appreciative.

Some have been complaining about Harris flip-flopping, but look at Trump like a mackerel just pulled out onto a dock when it comes to his position on abortion and his position on debating just recently. When your standards only apply to one candidate and you give the other a pass, your criticisms become meaningless.

It's always so depressing to read the Trump apologists and selective Harris detractors.
Thanks -- I hadn't read that Philadelphia Inquirer article before!! It is spot on.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I must've missed your clarity.
Must've been in posts to others.

This doesn't address your apparent defense of
claims that Haitians are stealing & eating pets.
Please. I am not and have not defended anyone regarding anything to do with pets.

Pogo

You stated a challenge that implies that moving to Springfield and letting our a pet cat would be dangerous. That tells us you are believing the lies by Trump and Vance and other right wingers that Haitians are stealing and killing the pets. The whole motivation for these lies are racist. That you believe the lies suggests your racism.
It is xenophobia in her case, not racism as she will tell you, don't accuse her of racism. :)

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Apparently, this is true, although it had nothing to do with the debate. Just an example of Harris flip-flopping in order to pander to those who are panicked over the border crisis. People have forgotten that these efforts to build a border law predated Trump. GW Bush tried to build his own wall. I know, because I was working for Boeing at the time, and they got the contract to build the "high tech" barrier. Some people I worked with were called off to help with the project. It was a total boondoggle from start to finish, wasting millions of taxpayer dollars and building very little actual wall, same as Trump's resurrection of that zombie project under his new branding. I doubt that Harris really understands the magnitude of the task and how much money has been wasted on it in the past, but this is an election year. Politicians gonna pander.

This kind of flip-flop is nothing compared to the whoppers committed by Trump, so it doesn't affect my support for her candidacy. It concerns me in that I think this kind of transparent pandering serves more to weaken her image than to strengthen it. The Biden administration has done pretty much all it could on the border issue in the absence of legislation, and Donald Trump is the one who body-slammed a perfectly good bipartisan bill to address it. The "wall" issue is an unnecessary red herring that lends credibility to Trump, not her.
I don't remember the when and where I heard Harris speak about the wall, but I understood her position to be build or improve only where beneficial to the border patrols needs.

Pogo

I don't remember the when and where I heard Harris speak about the wall, but I understood her position to be build or improve only where beneficial to the border patrols needs.
And to add modern surveillance and technological support rather than just a medieval solution.

We Never Know

No Slack

What she said was...

"Harris said during the Democratic National Convention that she would sign the bipartisan border security bill that failed in the Senate earlier this year. Trump opposed the legislation. That bill would, among many other things, allow about $650 million appropriated during the Trump administration for border wall construction to be used for that purpose"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

But she didn't. Being willing to spend money on the border is not the same as building Trump's wall:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What she said was...

"Harris said during the Democratic National Convention that she would sign the bipartisan border security bill that failed in the Senate earlier this year. Trump opposed the legislation. That bill would, among many other things, allow about $650 million appropriated during the Trump administration for border wall construction to be used for that purpose"

You beat me to it. I had to run to the store, but had the article all set to go before I did so.