• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Actually she was fact checked multiple times in the debate
HARRIS CLAIMS:
16 Nobel laureates say Trump's plan would increase inflation and land us in a recession
Trump wants a "20% tax on everyday goods" that would cost families "about $4,000 more a year."
"Trump left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression."
Trump "killed" bill that would have secured border
If elected, Trump would be immune from criminal prosecution
Harris said of the Central Park 5, 'Trump took out a full-page ad calling for their execution'

All were fact checked during the debate and and all were found to be basically true
She was found to lie about many things during the debate. I won't repost them but you can easily look back through the thread if you like.

F1fan

Veteran Member
How is my comment racist? I'll repeat it - OK, move to Springfield Ohio and let your cats roam outside.
You stated a challenge that implies that moving to Springfield and letting our a pet cat would be dangerous. That tells us you are believing the lies by Trump and Vance and other right wingers that Haitians are stealing and killing the pets. The whole motivation for these lies are racist. That you believe the lies suggests your racism.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Is this directive a claim that Haitians
are indeed stealing & eating cats?
Not just Haitians .. it includes Hezbollah, Hamas and Houthis too. :expressionless:
None of these people are worth anything, according to those with status.
They have dehumanized them, further exacerbating the division between ethnic groups.
i.e. the haves and have-nots

I don't agree with Shia philosophy, but I do not agree with promoting division either.
..and that has been happening for decades in the middle east .. due to oil.

The oil age is not over yet, despite climate-change .. demand is currently still increasing.

Last edited:

Kathryn

You stated a challenge that implies that moving to Springfield and letting our a pet cat would be dangerous. That tells us you are believing the lies by Trump and Vance and other right wingers that Haitians are stealing and killing the pets. The whole motivation for these lies are racist. That you believe the lies suggests your racism.
I actually do not believe that Haitians are killing and eating pets. Or stealing and killing them. Go ahead and move there, and let your pets run free!

TRUE STORY TIME:

Springfield is less than 20 miles from me and I drove past the exit for that town yesterday as a matter of fact. I did not stop.

Kathryn

Then why did you challenge anyone to move there and let their cat out if you truly don’t see there being Haitians killing them? Your challenge is meaningless without you holding some belief that it happens.
I just moved so I won't be moving again anytime soon, but feel free to do so. Warning: You will be living less than 20 miles from me!

Kathryn

Then why did you challenge anyone to move there and let their cat out if you truly don’t see there being Haitians killing them? Your challenge is meaningless without you holding some belief that it happens.
Since I am not a racist and implied nothing, I guess the post is meaningless! But go ahead and move there. I promise to leave you alone.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Since I am not a racist and implied nothing, I guess the post is meaningless!
You posted it. You had some motivation to do it. Could it be some subconscious reason and you’re not consciously aware of it? A lot of racism does simmer in our subconscious and it can get expressed with our actions and statements.

Kathryn

You posted it. You had some motivation to do it. Could it be some subconscious reason and you’re not consciously aware of it? A lot of racism does simmer in our subconscious and it can get expressed with our actions and statements.
Sounds like you're speaking from personal knowledge.

By the way, you're the one who said the post was meaningless.

Ponder This

Populist .. get votes through people's fears of being 'overrun by immigrants', without considering
why so many people want or need to emigrate. Just concentrate on making existing citizens all
billionaires.

It's easy to dismiss non-US citizens as being criminals/corrupt .. 'building a wall' will create more
enmity, internally and externally, and does not solve today's inequalities in the world.

The 'Berlin Wall' no longer exists .. should it be rebuilt?

I'm not suggesting that immigration doesn't need to be managed .. of course it does.
..but not by barbed wire and soldiers with guns.
Harris was supposed to get to the root causes of immigration and failed, but now she claims she wants to build a wall to help solve the immigration problem now that it's an election year.

No.
As I've said ad nauseum....
Trump's obsession with the false claim
that Haitians are stealing & eating pets.
He said it in a debate two weeks ago and you say it's an "obsession"? If you are saying it "ad nausem", then it's your obsession - not his. Trump didn't invent the news coming from Springfield.

That wouldn't surprise me.
(I didn't watch the debate...only Trump's bizarre antics on youtube.)
Trump's big problem isn't bias against him...it's his insane rants.
Tis as though he's channeling Grandpa Simpson....but with less eloquence.
Filtered news is even more opportunity for biased reporting.

Yeah...attention like dozens of bomb threats to public buildings.
Springfield's mayor opposes Trump's attention & possible visit.
MSN
The rest isn't worth addressing.
Bomb threats from other countries is another reason to increase our national attention on Springfield.
Vivek already visited Springfield, held a townhall, and got a standing ovation. People in the government of Springfield were invited to attend and chose not to. Trump plans to visit Springfield, which is only going to embarass the Mayor more if he chooses not to attend that as well. This goes Trump's way over time because the issues are real. Kamala's suggested the bomb threats were due to racism, but we learned bomb threats are coming from other countries. This isn't helping her.

You and Trump are victims of disinformation, and even more disinformation.
1727109208891.jpeg

Perhaps you keep saying "disinformation" because you don't actually have a legitimate rebuttal to the point that Trump is paying attention to the news and Kamala isn't.
Harris is reported as saying one lie. Trump told over 30 lies, and three of them were such whoppers that moderators were obligated to corrct him for the sake of informing the public. Your citing this complaint is being spread ny right wing disinformation. You should use reputable news sources instead.
There's that word again. There's no reason I should believe your news sources aren't disinformation.
The mayor of Springfield say the right wing disinformation is incorrect. What's happening now is bomb threats and threats against migrants, all due to the disinformation Trump and Vance are spreding, with the help of his irrational followers, like yourself.
Do you deny that the police have reported the bomb threats as coming primarily from another country?

Why stop using the word when it is applicable to what is happening? Is it because you don't like being exposed for your lack of credibility, and poor judgment in trusting right wing disinformation?
How do you know that your information not disinformation?

There are no credible reports of pets being eaten. There might be come bogus stories on right wing disinformation that you trust for some irrational reason. Trump is trying to scare his followers and apparently it's working as we see in your posts, and the posts of a few others. All this tells us is how successful Trump is at being a conman, and fooling his base. No rational mind takes Trump seriously, but he is a serious threat to Springfield, to Haitians, to migrant as a whole, and to America. He's not fit to be president.
So... this "disinformation" is successfully swaying the minds of people with regard to Springfield and the bomb threats also hurt Kamala's chances... is this your way of acknowledging that I was right that Trump's comment will age well and this issue will swing towards Trump over time?

I use the word when members site disinformation, as you do. There are a number of members whose poses are nothing but disinformation from poor quality right wing media. The only reason I know what right wing disinformation is telling people is from these members repeating the lies. You are one of these memebrer, and you can't demand being treated as if you aren't guilty of being duped. It is your choice to be fooled, and you will be called out. There is plenty of reputable media to use, but you clearly prefer the disinformation from the right.
It seems to me that your using the word "disinformation" for news you don't like, which, imo, doesn't reflect well on you.

That's odd, you should see her town hall with Oprah. The mother and two sisters of Amber Nicole Thurman were guests and both Oprah and Harris talked to them about their story and agony of losing her. This shows the decency and compassion of the only stable candidate for president. She knows full well what is happening at the border, and supproeted the bill that would have reformed the law that the government has to follow. Remember, Trump sabotaged repiblican support for theis bill, and that shows he doesn't care about solutions, but in becoming president again so he can stay out of jail.
Kamala should talk about Laken Riley. It would demonstrate that she isn't just like Biden in forgetting who she is.

No one has explained to me what is so attractive about the criminal candidate. What hold does he have over your ability to reason? Have you pondered why you want a criminal in the White House? If you have you haven't shared it here.
I think that's a failing on your part. If you look around the world at criminal candidates, it's not difficult to see how criminalizing them increases their popularity. One of the most famous examples would be Nelson Mandela who was sentenced to life for conspiring to overthrow the state. The US designated him a terrorist until 2008. Whenever a sentence appears to be unjust the people object to it and the accused gains popularity.

There were Nazis at that event. A woman was killed. What is your dispute? These racists used to keep quiet and private until Trump came along and gave them, among other racist groups and fake patriots, a feeling like they are supported by the criminal candidate.
Is this not on your list of fact checks? If you think Trump called nazi's fine people, then you are the victim of disinformation. Kamala actually had the gall to suggest Trump was anti-semitic because of Charlottesville. This lie has been looooong debunked.

Feel free to cite reputable sources. We can't take your word for it given your bias.
Governor DeWine announced today that he is dedicating $2.5 million toward expanding primary care access for everyone living in Springfield.
Feel free to cite your own sources of disinformation. I want to see your bias exposed.

They repeated fake news, and refuse to admit they made a mistake. They could have just dropped the issue without admitting their error, but they keep repeating the lie.
This is winning issue for them. The problems in Springfield are real. People remember Trump's comment and that Kamala denied there are problems in Springfield. She blamed bomb threats (which come primarily from other countries) on racism, which is an unforced error on her part. Meanwhile, Trump plans to visit Sprringfield directly. Do you deny the optics favor Trump more and more as time passes, or do you not like it and so call Trump is a conman and not address any real issue?

Trump is using disinformation, and has no credibility. Your blind devotion to the lyling criminal candidate tell us more about you than what's happening in Springfield.
I think I'll take a leaf from @Revoltingest and say that rest of what you are saying here isn't worth addressing further.

Ponder This

Wow, you really bought into this fake news story that someone pulled from their backside.
There are multiple backsides that these stories are pouring out of. We're looking at a dung heap. If it were just one story, this would probably favor Kamala. You can laugh at one story or two stories or maybe three stories, but when the stories keep coming, your denial looks out of place.

It's called: Laughing at a delusional comment made by a delusional individual.
That's the only response Trump's "they're eating the cats and the dogs" comment deserves. It's completely made up nonsense meant to demonize and marginalize migrants.

It clearly worked on his base. Look at you eating up the lies.
And if it was just one delusional moment, it would've favored Kamala long-term. But Springfield is a real place with real problems, so it turns towards Trump over time.

Kamala didn't make any delusional claims. Trump made several.

-They're eating the cats and the dogs
-Democrats want to kill babies after they're born
-Democrats are giving transgender surgeries to school children and illegal immigrant prisoners
-Trump won the 2020 election

Those things are nutso delusions.
Show me anything Kamala said that came anywhere close to that level of delusional.
You say these are delusions, but it may be that you have difficulty taking an unbiased view.
The most delusional comment from Kamala was her suggestion that Trump is anti-semitic.

This poster just told you that as a results of this lie being spread by Vance, Trump and MAGA (including yourself), that Vance has already admitted he has made up, that this town has been getting bomb threats and your response is ... "but the national attention is good for Springfield."

Really? You think the "national attention" that Springfield is getting that includes bomb threats to their city, is a good thing?
The police have said that the bomb threats are coming from other countries. That's international attention, which might not be helpful.

The claim isn't true.
It's made up.
Every leader, police chief, mayor, etc. in Springfield have said it's made up. It's not happening.
People aren't stealing and eating dogs and cats in Springfield, Ohio.
There are some issues regarding resources and housing in Springfield, but it's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone eating cats and dogs.
They also declined to attend a townhall in Springfield to discuss the issue with residents. It's not convenient for them.

How do you think the Biden administration caused this?
The Biden-Kamala administration is almost entirely to blame for the massive increase in illegal immigration.

You are spreading disinformation about Haitian migrants.
Perhaps you are spreading very unhelpful disinformation.

Like what?
Did she said any delusional things like Trump did?
The Charlottesville hoax is the most obvious delusion.

No, they haven't. There has been ZERO confirmation from anyone in Springfield that Haitian migrants are stealing and eating their cats and dogs.
Just because you don't believe what residents in Springfield are saying doesn't mean they are lying. Just because you don't believe video of cat being grilled doesn't mean it isn't happening. All you really have here is that the authorities in Springfield don't confirm what residents are saying.

Let's think about this for a second. Do you think the town of Springfield would be receiving all these bomb threats if Vance and Trump didn't make this stupid claim about people eating "the cats and the dogs?" Think hard.
Let's think about it for two seconds, should we stop talking about the issues because other countries deliver bomb threats to Springfield? Think harder.

You need to stop spreading lies.
How about that?
We should have free and open discussion on the issues. How about that?

The guy making delusional claims is the one who's out of touch with reality.
That's Trump in this case.
It's not out of touch to talk about the impact of immigration on the U.S. It is out of touch to deny there is an impact.

It is. Like, word for word.
Maybe I should watch more Fox News so that I can be more aware of their talking points.
In fact, these are Fox News talking points support the point I'm making, which is that over time the Springfield issue will favor Trump.

He did say there were good people on both sides and he also told the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by."
He did also condemn the violence though. That's the part Kamala left out.
I don't see that as being anywhere near the level of the claims of Trump's that were fact checked that had zero basis in reality.
But you do acknowledge that Kamala wasn't fact-checked by the moderators.

You'll have to be more specific.
Trump claimed there was an increase in crime. The moderators fact-checked and said that there hadn't been.

There are zero verified reports of cats being eaten. ZERO.

Residents are being harassed because of lies like this that you are helping to spread. You are contributing to the problem, not helping it.
Perhaps, you should stop spreading lies, because we should have more discussion about Springfield, not less.

It was never reported in the news. Vance admitted to creating the story.
Frustrations with the problems caused by immigration were aired by Springfield residents on Aug 27, 2024 at the Springfield City Commission Meeting. What exactly did Vance admit to doing? Do you know?

What he showed was what we already know - he believes every single thing he reads on the internet. That he's unable to discern fact from fiction. That he is detached from reality.
Kamala seemed to have been unaware of it altogether.

There are some problems in Springfield, to be sure, but it's not with illegal immigrants. And it's not with illegal immigrants stealing and eating peoples' pets. It's more to do with resources.
Betweeen the car crashes and the overloaded health care system we can agree that eating a few pets might not be the biggest problem caused by immigration in Springfield.

Is Trump so stupid that he wasn't able to articulate the actual problems facing the people of Springfield and instead had to spew out some ludicrous story that J.D. Vance was spreading around that he couldn't even be bothered to fact check before telling it to the entire world and making himself look like a fool? You want that guy running the country? The guy that can't discern fact from fiction? Yikes.
We can also agree that the pet comment brings more attention to the issues Springfield faces than simply saying their health care system is overloaded. In terms of bringing an issue to the attention of the public, Trump knocked it out of the park. And because there is a legitimate immigration issue in Springfield, this swings in Trump's favor as time passes.

Ponder This

I have to correct this. Trump was only fact-checked three times when he made claims that were beyond "pant on fire" false. He was not fact checked every time that he made a false statement. He made over thirty false statements. Harris may have made three. If they fact checked both contestants for all false claims It would be over 90% correcting Trump. He got off easy:

That article of fact checks is embarassing for CNN. And they didn't even mention the most obvious lie from Harris, which was about Charlottesville.

Now, I also have to correct you, because I never claimed that Trump was fact-checked every time he made a false statement, as your response to me seems to imply.
I did point out that their were obvious fact-checks of Kamala that the moderators didn't make. Regardless of how many fact checks you think there should have been, the implication is moderator bias.

Moreover, the fact-check on the Springfield pet comment specifically, means that people will remember ABC's fact-checking bias. People will remember that they fact-checked Trump, but didn't fact-check Kamala. To that point...
ABC’s David Muir sees newscast ratings tank after his controversial debate moderating
12% drop in viewers for "World News Tonight"
People remember the bad moderating from the debate. That fact-check about the pet eating was particularly memorable.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I think that's a failing on your part. If you look around the world at criminal candidates, it's not difficult to see how criminalizing them increases their popularity. One of the most famous examples would be Nelson Mandela who was sentenced to life for conspiring to overthrow the state. The US designated him a terrorist until 2008..
I would have thought that means that the US supported the apartheid regime, until they
saw that it could no longer survive.
That has nothing to do with Trump, who falsely accused Democrats of not winning the US election,
and other abuse of his position/wealth.

Ponder This

Ebionite, do you even bother to read the stories that you post links to? The headline on that story is totally misleading clickbait. When you actually read the story and watch the video, it is a Springfield resident who brings up the stories in a town meeting. The city manager angrily pushed back and said that he had heard stories, too, but there was never any proof to back them up. The resident said that his sources were "confidential", so he couldn't disclose them. The City Manager responded that none of the reports were credible. The headline made it look like he was backing up the claims he was actually criticizing for lack of evidence.

Hysterical rumors are not facts. They are just rumors. And people will make up all sorts of things when they are frightened and upset. They spread rumors, just as you have been doing in this thread.
I think it's very clear that the City Manager said he hadn't seen any proof. But this also shows that the City Commission has been aware of this issue since at least March 12. 2024.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That article of fact checks is embarassing for CNN. And they didn't even mention the most obvious lie from Harris, which was about Charlottesville.
What supposed lie is that? And seriously, Trump lied ten times more often. Please support your claims with valid sources. Far right insane sources will be an admission that you are wrong.
Now, I also have to correct you, because I never claimed that Trump was fact-checked every time he made a false statement, as your response to me seems to imply.
I did point out that their were obvious fact-checks of Kamala that the moderators didn't make. Regardless of how many fact checks you think there should have been, the implication is moderator bias.
You appear to have a problem with reading comprehension. I made no claims about you. I was referring to what Trump claimed. Trump lied and said that he was live fact checked by the moderator almost all of the time. He was only live fact checked three times.
Moreover, the fact-check on the Springfield pet comment specifically, means that people will remember ABC's fact-checking bias. People will remember that they fact-checked Trump, but didn't fact-check Kamala. To that point...
ABC’s David Muir sees newscast ratings tank after his controversial debate moderating

LMAO! The New York Post. You have to be kidding. Here let me help you. Try to find sources in the green zone of this chart. They range from conservative to liberal, the New York Post is not even close to being reliable:

Media-Bias-Chart-12.0_August-2024-Unlicensed-Social-Media-scaled.jpg

People remember the bad moderating from the debate. That fact-check about the pet eating was particularly memorable.
Yes, there was "bad moderating". Trump lied far more often than Harris, that is a fact. He should have been moderated even more often and they let Trump get the last word in far more often. If anything the event favored Trump. He is just so awful that even moderation in his favor did not help him.

Kathryn

Maybe she flip flopped on the wall as well as many other things. Meanwhile, I guess MSNBC and Salon are also not credible sources.

Oh, and it's hotter than Hades in Texas from May through September at the very least.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
The Biden-Kamala administration is almost entirely to blame for the massive increase in illegal immigration.
That's an absurd statement .. it's like saying that prime-ministers of a particular color in the UK are responsible for the increase in small-boats crossing the English channel.

In reality, you cannot disconnect policies of previous administrations, and world events .. economic
and otherwise.

..And because there is a legitimate immigration issue in Springfield, this swings in Trump's favor as time passes.
It's a case of divide and rule .. find a town that is suffering from unsustainable immigration, and
blame it entirely on the immigrants .. and encourage people to be selfish, protectionist with
promises of financial reward for supporters.

That is not a sustainable immigration policy .. it seeks to divide causing more inequality and war.