• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Ebionite

I'm not aware of what you're talking of here with "useful idiots." I don't follow MSM (TV) as I assume you're referring to. I do, however, follow very reliable news sources and double / triple check them against each other.
So if you're so careful with your sources then how can you get it so wrong? What was your source for him "admitting he made it all up"?

He admitted he heard a "story" from a follower
No, what he said is that "my constituents are telling me firsthand that they are seeing these things" (CNN with Dana White)

Ebionite

That's why Vance had to admit he made it all up

The bull**** brigade:

"He told Bash that he had to create a fiction to bring media attention to the way that his constituents are suffering"

"Ohio Senator J.D. Vance has found himself at the centre of a controversy yet again. This time after admitting in an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash that he and former President Donald Trump fabricated a false story about Haitian immigrants.

And about that "debunked" thing (BBC):

Donald Trump's running mate JD Vance has doubled down on false claims that migrants are eating household pets in an Ohio town, as city officials repeatedly debunked the rumours.

How did they do that?

Mayor Rob Rue told the BBC that the conspiracy theories - and Trump's pledge to "mass deport" migrants from Springfield - were hurting the town.

"People's pets are safe in Springfield, Ohio, " Rue told the BBC’s Newshour programme. "We reached out to the JD Vance Campaign to let them know that we do not have any evidence that has happened, and I've made it known in multiple interviews that this is absolutely not true."

Having no evidence of something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, especially when it's not in someone's interest for it to exist.

"We need folks to understand, especially those that have a microphone that's being listened to around the world, they need to understand the weight of their words and how it can negatively affect communities."

So the threat is that the immigration policy will be seen to be detrimental to the wellbeing of the city?

Who said anything about a conspiracy theory, anyway?

“The Haitian-American community in Springfield, OH and around the country is feeling targeted and unsafe because dehumanizing, debunked and racist conspiracies are being advanced at the highest levels of American politics and are still being repeated,” Vanessa Cárdenas, executive director of America's Voice, a nonprofit that advocates for immigration reform said in an email.

What "conspiracies" are being advanced at the highest levels of American politics?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Because civil process doesn't involve an arrest and the language of evidence is being used to defend the city's position.
The accusations of stealing pets and killing them would be a criminal offense. The pet owners could sue anyone who did it.

But that's irrelevant because there is no evidence of it happening.
Facts relating to the Haitian cultural practice of eating cats.
Irrelevant to the accusations of it happening in Springfield, for which there is no evidence, just rumors being spread by irresponsible people like Trump/Vance.
Facts relating to reports made by Springfield locals consistent with Haitians eating cats.
It's a fact rumors are being spread. There's no evidence the rumors are true.

It's a symptom of bad city policy, bringing in unsustainable levels of immigrants which leads to resentment by the locals.
No, bomb threats are a result of Trump/Vance being irresponsible in spreading rumors, and riling up their anti-social base. Your anti-immigrant bias is apparent, and it is in essence racism. How did that happen to you?
Just more lies from Vance. More evidence that he, and Trump, are unfit for office. Vance should resign from the senate.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
There's not even an arrest, why would a judge be relevant?
Because civil process doesn't involve an arrest and the language of evidence is being used to defend the city's position.

There is no evidence that the rumors of pets being eaten is true. That explains the lack of a judicial process. Since there is no evidence, the city is legitimately holding off on arrests. That explains the "language of evidence" as a defense for not arresting anyone or taking the claims seriously. You defend your position by pointing to...

So where is the evidence? All your words and not a single piece of evidence. Just complaints because we require evidence before accusations are accepted.
Facts relating to the Haitian cultural practice of eating cats.
Facts relating to reports made by Springfield locals consistent with Haitians eating cats.

Haitians do not eat dogs and cats. Hence, there are no "facts" relating to such a "cultural practice" but there is an urban legend out there that they do. That may have been behind the initial (now retracted) reports that sparked this nonsense. Basically, your only "evidence" is a bunch of rumors, which you have grudgingly admitted are not real evidence of anything. Sort of like the rumor that Vance sexually violated a couch. It never happened, but a lot of people enjoy spreading that rumor, because they think it helps their politics.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So if you're so careful with your sources then how can you get it so wrong? What was your source for him "admitting he made it all up"?
"After being called out for spreading lies about Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, eating pets, Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance doubled down over the weekend. Strikingly, he didn’t do this through weasel words or by pointing to some undiscovered set of evidence. Instead, he appeared to defend the idea that fabricating facts to support his worldview is appropriate. It was a startling confession that helps distill the corrosive nihilism of the MAGA worldview.

“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m gonna do,” he told CNN’s Dana Bash, “because you guys are completely letting Kamala Harris coast.”

No, what he said is that "my constituents are telling me firsthand that they are seeing these things" (CNN with Dana White)
"Asked to support his claims in an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union,” Vance pointed to what he said are firsthand accounts from constituents who have told him this is happening, though he didn’t provide the evidence.

“The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I started talking about cat memes. If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do,” the Ohio senator said.

Bash replied, “You just said that this is a story that you created.”

Vance said, “It comes from firsthand accounts from my constituents. I say that we’re creating a story, meaning we’re creating the American media focusing on it. I didn’t create 20,000 illegal migrants coming into Springfield thanks to Kamala Harris’ policies. Her policies did that. But yes, we created the actual focus that allowed the American media to talk about this story and the suffering caused by Kamala Harris’ policies.”

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The bull**** brigade:

"He told Bash that he had to create a fiction to bring media attention to the way that his constituents are suffering"

"Ohio Senator J.D. Vance has found himself at the centre of a controversy yet again. This time after admitting in an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash that he and former President Donald Trump fabricated a false story about Haitian immigrants.

Hmmm, what does the word "fiction" mean ....

How did they do that?

Having no evidence of something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, especially when it's not in someone's interest for it to exist.
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
So the threat is that the immigration policy will be seen to be detrimental to the wellbeing of the city?
No. According to local officials, the Haitian migrants have jobs and contribute to their new communities in many positve ways.

The problems they're having there having nothing to do with cats and everything to do with a scarcity of housing and other resources.

What "conspiracies" are being advanced at the highest levels of American politics?

TheloniousX

Master of None, Student of All...
As I read the comments, I can honestly say that I do not favor either candidate or side of the debate. But, one thing that was clear in this debate with the moderator and Harris that they were constantly fact checking, discrediting, scoffing and cutting off Trump every step of the way and not a single time with Harris. It says a lot about Journalism in these times which has become very biased and the fact that ABC picked up the debate says a great deal. Since Disney owns ABC there is only a single sided stance to obliterate Trumps chances. Disneys ideology aligns with Harris being president completely and will do whatever it takes through media channels to make it happen.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As I read the comments, I can honestly say that I do not favor either candidate or side of the debate. But, one thing that was clear in this debate with the moderator and Harris that they were constantly fact checking, discrediting, scoffing and cutting off Trump every step of the way and not a single time with Harris. It says a lot about Journalism in these times which has become very biased and the fact that ABC picked up the debate says a great deal. Since Disney owns ABC there is only a single sided stance to obliterate Trumps chances. Disneys ideology aligns with Harris being president completely and will do whatever it takes through media channels to make it happen.
This has been addressed ad nauseum in this thread.

Trump was fact-checked only on like, three completely delusional things he said. Harris didn't make any claims that rose to that level of delusion.

F1fan

Veteran Member
As I read the comments, I can honestly say that I do not favor either candidate or side of the debate. But, one thing that was clear in this debate with the moderator and Harris that they were constantly fact checking, discrediting, scoffing and cutting off Trump every step of the way and not a single time with Harris.
What outrageous lies did Harris make that you think should have been disputed by the moderators?

It says a lot about Journalism in these times which has become very biased and the fact that ABC picked up the debate says a great deal.
Not really. Trump is a chronic liar and he gets away with many of them. The press can’t cover everything he lies about because he says so many. They are limiting their coverage on Trumps most outrageous lies, like the three he was corrected over during the debate.

Since Disney owns ABC there is only a single sided stance to obliterate Trumps chances.
Trump is obliterating his own chances. He’s disturbed and unfit for office. And a criminal. Let’s not forget that he’s a criminal and facing three more criminal cases.

Disneys ideology aligns with Harris being president completely and will do whatever it takes through media channels to make it happen.
This is your claim, where is the evidence and explanation? Otherwise we throw this out as bias.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The bull**** brigade:

How did they do that?

Your contribution here has gone beyond logical discourse at this point. Your own citations go against the position you hold onto with abandon. It's time I wish you well and leave you to the fates.

Argentbear

Actually she was fact checked multiple times in the debate
HARRIS CLAIMS:
16 Nobel laureates say Trump's plan would increase inflation and land us in a recession
Trump wants a "20% tax on everyday goods" that would cost families "about $4,000 more a year."
"Trump left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression."
Trump "killed" bill that would have secured border
If elected, Trump would be immune from criminal prosecution
Harris said of the Central Park 5, 'Trump took out a full-page ad calling for their execution'

All were fact checked during the debate and and all were found to be basically true