• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The rapid growth is due to immigration, but I'm glad you concede there are problems in Springfield caused by its "rapid growth".

Next time, read a link before you post it. Then, when I ask you a question about it, you'll be able to give an answer.

And... this reminds you of your roommate from college?!? What accident occurred in college that involved your roommate? And how did your roommate cheat to gain admission to college?

Immigration into Springfield is relevant to the healthcare system in Springfield.

The response is due to the stress. The stress has a cause.

"Short term", people just thought Trump was crazy, but as time goes on, all the problems caused by immigration in Springfield become more well-known to voters and Kamala's reaction becomes more well-known to voters and this causes a swing in voters in favor of Trump. But it's interesting that you think the benefit to Trump here is "short term". "Short term" has passed and the election approaches. These voters can see that Trump was concerned about the people of Sprringfield and Kamala was not.

I think there are real issues in Springfield caused by the "rapid growth" of it's population and that includes complaints lodged by its residents. It is not moral or ethical to ignore their concerns. Rather, it is moral and ethical to dig into those concerns, unravel the causes, and seek solutions to ongoing problems, and that includes giving serious consideration to them when they complain about their pets being eaten. So when Kamala's response in the debate is to scoff, it's a very poor reaction on her part. She probably should've stayed calm and not been ruffled into an emotional display belying her lack of real concern for the complaints of common citizens of the U.S.

Vance didn't cause the massive criminal alien migration into the U.S., but it's fair to demand more from Vance to help Ohio cope with the burden caused by the Biden-Harris administration. As a senator, perhaps he could propose legislation to help deal with the crisis. However, because the blame falls primarily on the Biden-Harris administration, I think this issue continues to hurt Harris more than it hurts Vance or Trump.

Because the common cause of both problems in the massive influx of illegal immigration into the U.S.

People in Springfield complained about their pets being eaten, but you don't claim that they lied. Yet, you think it would be okay to ignore them.

Probably the most memorable moment from the debate is the exchange between Kamala and Trump about illegal immigrants eating the pets of Springfield and endangering their lives. Of course, I'm going to talk about it.

The thing is... paying attention to the concerns of the citizens of the U.S., or concerns of the citizens in Springfield, OH, that they raise to their government, or to their City Commission, is a responsible thing to do, but scoffing at them when they complain is an irresponsible and dangerous thing to do.
Trump is crazy.

The problems in Springfield have absolutely NOTHING to do with anybody eating peoples' cats and dogs. The migrants are there completely legally. In fact, they were invited there.

Saying "people are eating the cats and the dogs" does absolutely NOTHING to help the people of Springfield and instead has created massive problems for them that include death threats. Trump's lies hurt people.

Good grief.

Ponder This

It took no courage for Trump to pump
his fist after a nick in the ear, & the
shooter was finished.
But Pence risked death by honoring
the Constitution instead of Trump.
That nick in the ear was from a bullet that missed Trump's brain by an inch because he turned his head right at that moment.
Moreover, they (and, in particular, Trump) did not know if it was a single shooter!
Yet you think Turmp is a coward because Dick Cheney said he was? You hold Dick Cheney in such high esteem that it's almost revolting.
All you have is that Dick Cheney called Trump a coward, and it seems like that's enough for you to believe he is!

F1fan

Veteran Member
That nick in the ear was from a bullet that missed Trump's brain by an inch because he turned his head right at that moment.
It was a lucky break for him.
Moreover, they (and, in particular, Trump) did not know if it was a single shooter!
The secret service knew they had killed the shooter and his team knew it as they moved him off the stage. Surely they told Trump at that time so he would feel safe.
Yet you think Turmp is a coward because Dick Cheney said he was?
No, Trump avoided militray service by faking bone spurs. He is afraid to get interviewed by 60 Minutes and other news outlets that aren't far right wing. He can't admit being wrong. His insecurity is revealed by his need for attention, and to lie constantly.

If Dick Cheney sees what other rational people do about how cowardly Trump is then no wonder he is voting for Harris.
You hold Dick Cheney in such high esteem that it's almost revolting.
The Cheneys have become celebrated by democrats and rational, ethical republicans for their stand against Trump and pointing out his instability.
All you have is that Dick Cheney called Trump a coward, and it seems like that's enough for you to believe he is!
False. Trump is an open book and it's obvious they guy is arrogant, which is a symptom of having low self-esteem and courage. It seems supporters of the criminal candidate like to ignore his lack of ethics and character.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yet you think Turmp is a coward because Dick Cheney said he was? You hold Dick Cheney in such high esteem that it's almost revolting.
Trump is a coward. Yes, they knew that they got the shooter rather quickly. He demonstrated that he was a coward when it came to Vietnam when he dodged the draft. He likes to pretend that he likes the military, but he is against almost everything that it stands for.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Read more carefully.
Your post is full of error and invention.
Too much work to correct.

Ponder This

Trump is crazy.
ad hominem

The problems in Springfield have absolutely NOTHING to do with anybody eating peoples' cats and dogs.
I'm not convinced that eating people's pets isn't a problem in Springfield, because people reported it happening.

The migrants are there completely legally.
While there are Haitians that are there legally. It is not the case that they are all there legally. For example, the Biden administration has taken measures to try to legitimize the presence of some illegal aliens by placing them on parole.

In fact, they were invited there.
Not entirely false. There were efforts to bring Haitians together in one place and that place turned out to be Springfield.

Saying "people are eating the cats and the dogs" does absolutely NOTHING to help the people of Springfield and instead has created massive problems for them that include death threats. Trump's lies hurt people.
I've already pointed out some of the benefit that Springfield is receiving as a result.

Good grief.
You just make the same argument over and over again. If you expect a different result, some might call that insanity. If you bring a new argument to bear, I'll consider it, but I feel like as it currently is, we aren't making any progress with each other.

You get most of your "news" from Fox, right?
No. Actually, I keep forgetting to go watch Fox, so I can see what they have to say. :laughing:
But thanks for the reminder. As for the long-term, the news in general seems to move so quickly now that, at this point, it feels like we are beating a dead cat. There are other reasons that Trump is pulling ahead in polls and betting markets.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ad hominem
No, you do not seem to know what an ad hominem fallacy is.
I'm not convinced that eating people's pets isn't a problem in Springfield, because people reported it happening.

There was one person that gave an account where they were not the witness nor was the person that they got the story from. There was only one crazy rumor.
While there are Haitians that are there legally. It is not the case that they are all there legally. For example, the Biden administration has taken measures to try to legitimize the presence of some illegal aliens by placing them on parole.
Citation needed.
Not entirely false. There were efforts to bring Haitians together in one place and that place turned out to be Springfield.

No, many Haitians were brought there but it was nowhere near all.
I've already pointed out some of the benefit that Springfield is receiving as a result.

Oh. Well good for you.
You just make the same argument over and over again. If you expect a different result, some might call that insanity. If you bring a new argument to bear, I'll consider it, but I feel like as it currently is, we aren't making any progress with each other.

You probably did not get it the first time around. Sometimes repetition is needed.
No. Actually, I keep forgetting to go watch Fox, so I can see what they have to say. :laughing:
But thanks for the reminder. As for the long-term, the news in general seems to move so quickly now that, at this point, it feels like we are beating a dead cat. There are other reasons that Trump is pulling ahead in polls and betting markets.
But Trump is not pulling ahead in the polls. Maybe in the betting markets, but the recent news has been rather bad for Trump. I had to check the betting odds and that is the one area where Trump is leading. That is an interesting bit of info.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Secret Service told Trump the shooter was dead before he stood up and fist bumped the air.
You can hear it on the video.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
ad hominem
It's an observation.

Because Trump told you it's a problem. You believe Trump, a known pathological liar over the evidence. That's often the problem when it comes to MAGA.
They are there legally.

The Biden admin did no such thing.

Trump is lying to you.
Not false at all. They were invited there because they were needed.

If you think bomb threats are some sort of "benefit" then I don't know what to tell you.
Trump's lies hurt people.
And you just keep claiming that bomb threats are beneficial to Springfield and that you're not sure whether or not people are eating cats and dogs. They're not and they're not.
Weird how you parrot every single talking point they put out. Word for word.
And you parrot Trump's every lie as well. You've just done it here.
Just a reminder that Trump lies a lot and his lies hurt people.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

No, J.D. Vance admitted he made it up, and both the mayor and the governor, both Republicans, say it isn't true.

Then where are you getting your false "information" from?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump is a coward. Yes, they knew that they got the shooter rather quickly. He demonstrated that he was a coward when it came to Vietnam when he dodged the draft. He likes to pretend that he likes the military, but he is against almost everything that it stands for.
Actually I can give you half credit for that, it's not like Trump ran to Canada or anything he actually did report for inprocessing but was diagnosed with bone spurs which would be a disqualification for military service.

It wasn't uncommon for people from wealthy families to avoid the Vietnam War which kind of brings me to the song It Ain't Me by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Actually I can give you half credit for that, it's not like Trump ran to Canada or anything he actually did report for inprocessing but was diagnosed with bone spurs which would be a disqualification for military service.

The above article is behind a paywall, so I could not check your source for accuracy. I don't know whether he ever had his physical, which would have been required by a I-A classification. My impression was that he sent his doctor's letter to his draft board as an appeal and was granted a I-Y classification (medically deferred except during national emergency). The bone spur diagnosis from a doctor, who was renting an office in a Trump building at the time, has always been suspicious. That doctor is deceased, but his daughters say he wrote the letter as a favor to Fred Trump Sr. Perhaps he also felt a little obliged to help out his landlord. See:

New York Times: Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as ‘favor’ to Fred Trump

In 1972, Trump was granted a IV-F permanent disability exemption from the Draft, so even a national emergency would not inconvenience him with mandatory service.

It wasn't uncommon for people from wealthy families to avoid the Vietnam War which kind of brings me to the song It Ain't Me by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Another band that has asked Trump not to use their music to support his political campaign. Usually, it was frowned upon for young men from wealthy families to use their wealth and influence to violate the Selective Service law, but this is Donald Trump. He has done much worse things since then.