• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is safe following shooting at Florida golf course; suspect detained

Ebionite

Depends on how you would define "less talented." In a society where Instagram models can earn more than rocket scientists or brain surgeons, one might wonder how a person's value and contributions to society might be measured.
By less talented I mean people who don't have as many skills that can be applied to the benefit of the greater good. In general it can be measured by the well being of specific group, with the caveat that this doesn't measure the effect of beneficial or predatory relationships between groups.

The blame of which you speak (whether unjustified or otherwise) has come about due to a historical track record of bad treatment, not only from slavery, but from the policies which persisted even after slavery ended.
There's also the issue of attitudes towards slavery. Slavery can benefit society when it is a just punishment of wrongs.

I wasn't suggesting an open security review. US national security perceptions and our national worldview can certainly be discussed openly without compromising any confidential or classified information. Even questions about what our national interests should actually be.
I agree that perceptions relating to worldview should be discussed openly. The problem is that those who determine classifications of information may have a radically different worldview because they are aware of information that is not in the public domain.

For example, one might ask whether containment was the correct approach for America's national interests during the Cold War. Should our leaders have taken approaches suggested by Generals Patton and MacArthur to deal with our adversaries with one swift blow?
I'd suggest that you take a look at Major Jordan's diaries for some perspective on the Cold War. The driving forces here were the intelligence assets of Operation Paperclip who benefited from the adversarial relationship betwen the US and the USSR.

Their work is producing unsatisfactory results.
To understand why this is so it's essential to be aware of the historical context. IMO the significant events occurred at the end of the second world war, especially Operation Highjump.

7c35597878656265.png

a huge military arsenal with a lot of firepower does provide that protection
The doctrine of full spectrum dominance is a symptom of the foolishness of U.S. hubris and one of the consequences of the imposed adversarial strategy of the Truman era.

Last edited:

Pogo

Oh I'll eat some sausages but that's as far as I'll take any intestines.
I will agree that tripe is down there with Okra in disgustingness in texture but I would consider Haggis as I actually like liver and heart if prepared well.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Trump hadn't planned to play golf yesterday. It was a last minute decision.
However the gunman was hiding in the bushes for 12 hours.
He must have been very determined about shooting Trump that he hid there 12 hours not even knowing if Trump would even be there.

"A gunman hid for nearly 12 hours in bushes before Donald Trump played an unscheduled game of golf at his oceanfront club in Florida – leaving locals stunned at what authorities say appears to be the second attempt to assassinate the former president in as many months."

wow, someone predicted that Trump would play golf, at his own golf course. amazing. :confused:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Trump can be a ******* but he will protect our freedoms,
Dreaming in Technicolor. Trump tried everything he & cronies could think of to overturn the 2020 election, which too many court cases have shown was fair. Trump likes dictators more than he likes his hookers, and SCOTUS has made him pretty much immune. But you've taken the bait -- hook, line and sinker!

Last edited:

Ebionite

Journalist Chris Cuomo revealed Monday that he called former President Donald Trump after the second assassination attempt against him, saying he is “ashamed” of the “unacceptable” reaction from the media.

Pogo

Journalist Chris Cuomo revealed Monday that he called former President Donald Trump after the second assassination attempt against him, saying he is “ashamed” of the “unacceptable” reaction from the media.

A sad version of thoughts and prayers on Cuomo's trip to Geraldo-ville.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a world traveler but there are just some things I will not eat. Cat is one of them. Dog is one of them. Cat and dog intestines are horrible sounding but I don't eat any intestines from anywhere. Like I said, there are just some things I will not eat, I don't care where I am.
What? You are saying that you have never had sauages or a high quality hot dog?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sad to think that a world traveler has opted out of all the great variety of sausages out there.

What? You are saying that you have never had sauages or a high quality hot dog?

My instant reaction too. EDIT: That leaves out another fine southern dish. Chitterlings.
Such a wonderful thing that when the Dukes, Barons and Earls got the best parts of the animal, the peasants had to work with what they had --- and learned to COOK and make it ever so yummy. Sausages, cabbage rolls, and all manner of stews, while the gentry chewed bravely away on a tough haunch, improperly prepared. :yum:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I will agree that tripe is down there with Okra in disgustingness in texture but I would consider Haggis as I actually like liver and heart if prepared well.
Chitterlings are good, but I cannot and will not clean and cook them. That chore is beyond me. LOL Tripe and Haggis, I'm not sure, but if served in an appetizing presentation, I'd try them. And okra is wonderfully good if coated and fried, or cooked completely apart in soup, but never, ever steamed. NOOOOO

Pogo

Chitterlings are good, but I cannot and will not clean and cook them. That chore is beyond me. LOL Tripe and Haggis, I'm not sure, but if served in an appetizing presentation, I'd try them. And okra is wonderfully good if coated and fried, or cooked completely apart in soup, but never, ever steamed. NOOOOO
It is the mouth feel, left over from some unremembered childhood trauma no doubt though breaded and deep fried, pretty much anything is edible.
I am the rare person who dislikes well marbled steak and prime rib, I prefer them raw with salt, then they are edible.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It is the mouth feel, left over from some unremembered childhood trauma no doubt though breaded and deep fried, pretty much anything is edible.
I am the rare person who dislikes well marbled steak and prime rib, I prefer them raw with salt, then they are edible.
I understand. That's the very reason I don't like oatmeal or cream of wheat.