• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump using hurricane Helene devastation for political aims, lies about the administration

Will the hurricane damage affect the election?

• It will help Trump

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • It will help Harris

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It won't have any effect

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It will hinder voting and the effect will be incidental and unpredictable

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
Once again Trump is trying to use a natural disaster for political advantage. His history as president illustrates that he is very bad at managing emergencies, namely the pandemic response. He has had someone set up a GoFundMe for victims, and we will see if that money actually goes to help anyone. What is disturbing is that he is lying about what the administration is doing, which will surely end up in far right media, and in the ears of the gullible.

Two of the states impacted are Georgia and North Carolina, and Trump may be trying to influence the election by spreading disinformation and appearing to be a helpful person in the recovery. Trump visited Georgia while Harris has opted to stay away from the storm damaged areeas to not take away the resources needed for recovery.

It's certain that how well the Biden administration responds to this disaster will influence how voters feel they are being helped. With only about 5 weeks before the election It's hard to imagine many of these areas will be functional and residents back at home. Thus far there has been positive feedback about the FEMA response, but as we know disinformation spreads quickly. How effectice will Trump's lies be against the help the administration delivers?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not just dishonest.
Also ignorant about hurricanes & when the season is.

Pogo

Not just dishonest.
Also ignorant about hurricanes & when the season is.
Of course not, He wasn't doing the predicting, competent people were, remember last time.
761b01-20190905-president-trump-receives-briefing-on-hurricane-dorian-at-white-house.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Once again Trump is trying to use a natural disaster for political advantage. His history as president illustrates that he is very bad at managing emergencies, namely the pandemic response. He has had someone set up a GoFundMe for victims, and we will see if that money actually goes to help anyone. What is disturbing is that he is lying about what the administration is doing, which will surely end up in far right media, and in the ears of the gullible.

Two of the states impacted are Georgia and North Carolina, and Trump may be trying to influence the election by spreading disinformation and appearing to be a helpful person in the recovery. Trump visited Georgia while Harris has opted to stay away from the storm damaged areeas to not take away the resources needed for recovery.

It's certain that how well the Biden administration responds to this disaster will influence how voters feel they are being helped. With only about 5 weeks before the election It's hard to imagine many of these areas will be functional and residents back at home. Thus far there has been positive feedback about the FEMA response, but as we know disinformation spreads quickly. How effectice will Trump's lies be against the help the administration delivers?

This is common during political election year. It’s a two way street.

Kenny

Premium Member
What is Harris lying about? Give us examples.

Tough on border? Does anyone really believe that?

And the governors of affected states asked the candidates not to come, yet Trump ignored Kemp and went to Georgia. Is that acceptable?

Why not? Are we a Democratic Republic or are we in a dictatorship? It is all about optics… just like when Harris goes to the Border. We expect that to happen...

Remember?

Now she wants to go to the border? Or is it all about “Vote for me” optics.

Both sides do it and we all expect it to happen. Can’t fault either side for trying to get votes. I may not like it but I accept it as “status quo”.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Why not? Are we a Democratic Republic or are we in a dictatorship? It is all about optics… just like when Harris goes to the Border. We expect that to happen...

Remember?

Both sides do it and we all expect it to happen. Can’t fault either side for trying to get votes. I may not like it but I accept it as “status quo”.
Harris hasn't the foggiest idea about the border except maybe the call loudly cried to let everybody in and then just let them loose to run rampant in the country.

Biden and Harris are pretty much traitors to the public and has endangered countless lives because of it.

She is definitely somebody you don't want to be president , and should be a great concern for National Security because she's an absolute threat to the safety and security of all American citizens.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Harris hasn't the foggiest idea about the border except maybe the call loudly cried to let everybody in and then just let them loose to run rampant in the country.

Biden and Harris are pretty much traitors to the public and has endangered countless lives because of it.
We all know they didn't do that. So what did they do to make them such terrible traitors?

Did they foment an insurrection against the US government or something? Did they claim they want to be a dictator, but just on day one?

Did they singlehandedly put the kibosh on a bipartisan border bill because they needed something to run on?

What, exactly?
She is definitely somebody you don't want to be president , and should be a great concern for National Security because she's an absolute threat to the safety and security of all American citizens.

Yeah, you're probably better off with a convicted felon, sexual assaulting, easily manipulated, insurrection fomenting, pathological liar as President.
Totally.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member

Yes we do. She and Biden supported the immigration reform bill that Trump sabotaged.

Only Trump has a history of being a traitor and insurrectionist. ]
Of course. It’s an issue that only she and democrats and most republicans support. Trump and MAGAs have an extremist plan that is implausible and stupid. We need serious leaders, not a clown like Trump.

Sorry but there’s only one capable and mentally stable person running for president, and it’s not the old criminal candidate that you want.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The far right media will report the lies as fact, the rest of the media will at least make an attempt at reporting facts (Harris broke off an engagement to return to a FEMA briefing, Biden spent time on the phone with Governor Kemp, as Kemp has asserted). The far right will dig in even further in kowtowing to the Great Orange Prevaricator (GOP), but few on the left or center will be fooled, so there'll be little effect on voting.

On the other hand, delay in getting federal help deployed could well cost the incumbent side some votes in the area.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes we do. She and Biden supported the immigration reform bill that Trump sabotaged.

Only Trump has a history of being a traitor and insurrectionist. ]

Of course. It’s an issue that only she and democrats and most republicans support. Trump and MAGAs have an extremist plan that is implausible and stupid. We need serious leaders, not a clown like Trump.

Sorry but there’s only one capable and mentally stable person running for president, and it’s not the old criminal candidate that you want.
This looks more like a political “I approve of this message” rather than a discussion… but I understand. It is a political season and you, as well as everyone else and including moi, will present their viewpoints through their personal political positions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I wouldn’t see it that way.
If someone tells you to stay away and you show up anyways, that's so wrong that in many cases it's trespassing and not only that even LaVey Satanism demands being a respectful guest (which means you don't show up when you're told you aren't welcome).
But then again Trunp is a sexual predator who has no regard for consent, so that he wouldn't honor someone's home isn't surprising.

Kenny

Premium Member
If someone tells you to stay away and you show up anyways, that's so wrong that in many cases it's trespassing and not only that even LaVey Satanism demands being a respectful guest (which means you don't show up when you're told you aren't welcome).
But then again Trunp is a sexual predator who has no regard for consent, so that he wouldn't honor someone's home isn't surprising.
We are talking about freedom. Yes, there are limits to “freedom”, it just isn’t this one. I think the people he talked to weren’t upset that he came.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We are talking about freedom. Yes, there are limits to “freedom”, it just isn’t this one. I think the people he talked to weren’t upset that he came.
Im talking about basic human decency and respect. Just because you have the right, just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'd have the freedom to go to your funeral and call you a whore. Should I? Would I?
Trying to hide behind your fabricated issue of freedom isn't making a solid case (it isn't about freedom). Trump is being rude and disrespectful by showing up where he's been told he's not welcome and to stay out.