• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump using hurricane Helene devastation for political aims, lies about the administration

Will the hurricane damage affect the election?

• It will help Trump

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • It will help Harris

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It won't have any effect

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It will hinder voting and the effect will be incidental and unpredictable

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
I agree that character is important. So I have to choose between the two that have character issues.
There is no contest. Trump is a convicted criminal. Harris has an excellent track record as a prosecutor and in the senate.
That it reflects on me? Do you think that your opinion of me has any value at all? Maybe I should question your character?
You're the one supporting a crook, a guy who was found liable for sexual assult, a guy who's guilty of fraud in his charity, his school, for tax evasion, and in business. He's cheated people who worked for him. He tried to overthrow a fair election that he lost.

What does all that have to do with my judgment? It's you that has to live with supporting this despicable person. And yes, it tells us about you and your judgment.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
There is no contest. Trump is a convicted criminal. Harris has an excellent track record as a prosecutor and in the senate.

You're the one supporting a crook, a guy who was found liable for sexual assult, a guy who's guilty of fraud in his charity, his school, for tax evasion, and in business. He's cheated people who worked for him. He tried to overthrow a fair election that he lost.

What does all that have to do with my judgment? It's you that has to live with supporting this despicable person. And yes, it tells us about you and your judgment.
How fast you change the OP to a political ad

F1fan

Veteran Member
How fast you change the OP to a political ad
Exposing Trump as an unethical and dangerous man is our duty as voters.

It's troubling that you support a criminal candidate in the first place, and then admit it on an open forum as if your support is for a guy who is deep down really decent and cares about others, and is just misunderstood. No, the guy has decades of history as a criminal, including sexual assault. How you claim to be a Christian and follower of Jesus and then admit you support this criminal is unbelievable. You obviously don;t see any problem in it, and THAT IS the problem with so many who support Trump.

I live in a city that is on the border of two red states. Both states ae going to assign their electoral votes to Trump. But when I travel around my city on the bike and in the car for work I'm seeing more and more Harris signs, probably close to a 100 by now. In the last several months I've only seen three Trump signs. Now i could be that the Trump campaign is so broke because Trump is spending all his money on lawyers and penalties for his fraud and defamation, but where's the passion? I suspect Trump supporters are embarrassed and don;t want to advertize their support. I don't blame them, I'd be ashamed if I have a mindset that wanted Trump in power despite all the signs of mental decline, and his habit to lie about everything.

He lied about cats and dogs being eaten, and he never corrected himself. His lies caused massive disruption to Springfield, OH, and does he care? No. Do you care? No. What Trump and Vance are doing is not "loving thy neighbor", it is the everything Jesus opposed, and you don;t care. You called this an a political ad? The reason these threads het started and get very hot is because there are Trump supporters who don't understand how much damage he causes, and will cause, and how he is a threat to America in evry way citizens value.

You might have a few pet agenda items that you like in the Agenda 47 and project 2025 plans, but the majority of what those plans suggest will cause instability and chaos for America. They want to eliminate NOAA and the department of education. The only reason hurricane Helene didn't cause more damage was due to NOAA and its ability to track amd predict the storm.

This is unacceptable, yet you overlook these dangerous plans because you have a few far right wing agenda items you want implemented. That blindness is a sickness rampant in the right wing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Exposing Trump as an unethical and dangerous man is our duty as voters.

It's troubling that you support a criminal candidate in the first place, and then admit it on an open forum as if your support is for a guy who is deep down really decent and cares about others, and is just misunderstood. No, the guy has decades of history as a criminal, including sexual assault. How you claim to be a Christian and follower of Jesus and then admit you support this criminal is unbelievable. You obviously don;t see any problem in it, and THAT IS the problem with so many who support Trump.

I live in a city that is on the border of two red states. Both states ae going to assign their electoral votes to Trump. But when I travel around my city on the bike and in the car for work I'm seeing more and more Harris signs, probably close to a 100 by now. In the last several months I've only seen three Trump signs. Now i could be that the Trump campaign is so broke because Trump is spending all his money on lawyers and penalties for his fraud and defamation, but where's the passion? I suspect Trump supporters are embarrassed and don;t want to advertize their support. I don't blame them, I'd be ashamed if I have a mindset that wanted Trump in power despite all the signs of mental decline, and his habit to lie about everything.

He lied about cats and dogs being eaten, and he never corrected himself. His lies caused massive disruption to Springfield, OH, and does he care? No. Do you care? No. What Trump and Vance are doing is not "loving thy neighbor", it is the everything Jesus opposed, and you don;t care. You called this an a political ad? The reason these threads het started and get very hot is because there are Trump supporters who don't understand how much damage he causes, and will cause, and how he is a threat to America in evry way citizens value.

You might have a few pet agenda items that you like in the Agenda 47 and project 2025 plans, but the majority of what those plans suggest will cause instability and chaos for America. They want to eliminate NOAA and the department of education. The only reason hurricane Helene didn't cause more damage was due to NOAA and its ability to track amd predict the storm.

This is unacceptable, yet you overlook these dangerous plans because you have a few far right wing agenda items you want implemented. That blindness is a sickness rampant in the right wing.

And this is a widespread moral problem with so many pastors and congregants in the evangelical churches and some others who talk-the-talk about Jesus but ends there. Jesus without his teachings of "love one another" is just another man in the distant past. There is no way possible for one to support hate-filled Trump and believe in Jesus' message of love without having an acute case of cognitive dissonance or dishonesty.

So, why do so many clergy do this? In many cases I believe they are just trying to appeal to their congregant's politics and are willing to twist the Gospel beyond recognition in order to do that. In other cases, it may be just a reflection of their own personal bias that doesn't reflect the Gospel, such as we saw with the likes of Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggart.

Either way, it's disgusting imo.

Ponder This

Once again Trump is trying to use a natural disaster for political advantage. His history as president illustrates that he is very bad at managing emergencies, namely the pandemic response. He has had someone set up a GoFundMe for victims, and we will see if that money actually goes to help anyone. What is disturbing is that he is lying about what the administration is doing, which will surely end up in far right media, and in the ears of the gullible.

Two of the states impacted are Georgia and North Carolina, and Trump may be trying to influence the election by spreading disinformation and appearing to be a helpful person in the recovery. Trump visited Georgia while Harris has opted to stay away from the storm damaged areeas to not take away the resources needed for recovery.

It's certain that how well the Biden administration responds to this disaster will influence how voters feel they are being helped. With only about 5 weeks before the election It's hard to imagine many of these areas will be functional and residents back at home. Thus far there has been positive feedback about the FEMA response, but as we know disinformation spreads quickly. How effectice will Trump's lies be against the help the administration delivers?

The expectation that the President show up means that Trump got the edge over Harris on this one by showing up first.
You snooze you lose sort of thing. And maybe Biden was sleeping, maybe he wasn't, but Trump got there first.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The expectation that the President show up means that Trump got the edge over Harris on this one by showing up first.
What edge? They guy is not in government. Thanks for backing up how Trump is exploiting the disaster for political purposes. Trump has no authority to do anything, what is he doing going to a natural disaster area except as a distraction from the recovery effort? And look at you completely oblivious to these facts, and indifferent to helping those who have suffered. This is the same guy who has caused the community of Springfield, Ohio massive disruption and security threats due to his lies about Haitian migrants. The guy is unfit to be anything in any government position. He is disturbed and needs to go away and be held accountable for the crimes he's been indicted for.

You snooze you lose sort of thing. And maybe Biden was sleeping, maybe he wasn't, but Trump got there first.
Yeah, and the candidates were asked not to come, and Trump gave them the middle finger to exploit the situation. He's gotten negative press in reputable reporting, but probably not in right wing disinformation media. Let's note that Biden and Harris have been very active in getting aid to the affected areas, and setting up communications and medical/food services where it's needed. So far recovery efforts have been praised at prepared. As storms get worse the various governments, state and city, will have to spend more on supplies to cope with both the preparation of storms, and the aftermath. Taxes might have to go up to pay for these supplies. And of course, insurance rates will go higher. This is what climate scientists had predicted.

Notice your focus is just who got there first as if what is important is this reality tv show race to the disaster area. You didn't say anything about those who are in distress and in need. That's MAGA, and that's why they don't have a place in politics.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Harris specifically said she will visit when said visit will not interfere with rescue and aid efforts.
As a responsible person should.

What's Trump going to do? Show up and throw paper towels at everyone again. Wow, so helpful. :rolleyes:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What edge? They guy is not in government. Thanks for backing up how Trump is exploiting the disaster for political purposes. Trump has no authority to do anything, what is he doing going to a natural disaster area except as a distraction from the recovery effort? And look at you completely oblivious to these facts, and indifferent to helping those who have suffered. This is the same guy who has caused the community of Springfield, Ohio massive disruption and security threats due to his lies about Haitian migrants. The guy is unfit to be anything in any government position. He is disturbed and needs to go away and be held accountable for the crimes he's been indicted for.

Yeah, and the candidates were asked not to come, and Trump gave them the middle finger to exploit the situation. He's gotten negative press in reputable reporting, but probably not in right wing disinformation media. Let's note that Biden and Harris have been very active in getting aid to the affected areas, and setting up communications and medical/food services where it's needed. So far recovery efforts have been praised at prepared. As storms get worse the various governments, state and city, will have to spend more on supplies to cope with both the preparation of storms, and the aftermath. Taxes might have to go up to pay for these supplies. And of course, insurance rates will go higher. This is what climate scientists had predicted.

Notice your focus is just who got there first as if what is important is this reality tv show race to the disaster area. You didn't say anything about those who are in distress and in need. That's MAGA, and that's why they don't have a place in politics.

This ^^^^^^ Sooo much this ^^^^^^^

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree that character is important.
But not good character. I'm using humanist standards here, not your religion's. Humanists consider a boorish liar, grifter, deadbeat, serial adulterer, sexual predator, insurrectionist and convicted felon to have character issues. Apparently, you have other standards.
The expectation that the President show up means that Trump got the edge over Harris on this one by showing up first. You snooze you lose sort of thing. And maybe Biden was sleeping, maybe he wasn't, but Trump got there first.
Trump was out of line. The president and vice president respected the expressed wishes of the relevant governors to stay away but offered help. The felonious, self-serving, and ill-mannered private citizen who could do nothing for them didn't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's not a race to distrupt and distract recovery efforts, nor is it a race to show how selfish and self centered one is, nor to show disregard by showing up where you're told you aren't welcome.

F1fan

Veteran Member
What is wrong with this guy?

Why does he have to lie every single minute of the day, this is not leadership. How can anyone trust a guy who is exploiting a huge disater to get votes from easily duped citizens?

And more lies about FEMA money being spent on migrants. This is just more evidence of the republicans becoming more jingoistic and racist against anyone they see as soft targets to exploit.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What is wrong with this guy?

Why does he have to lie every single minute of the day, this is not leadership. How can anyone trust a guy who is exploiting a huge disater to get votes from easily duped citizens?

And more lies about FEMA money being spent on migrants. This is just more evidence of the republicans becoming more jingoistic and racist against anyone they see as soft targets to exploit.

But what's even more pathetic is many of the right-wing media swallow and vomit this dung.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Trump's rhetoric has gotten more extreme and absurd, lying about cats and dags being eaten, and FEMA money running out. I think it has moved into a dangerous level where lives will be impacted.

Republicans as a whole are starting to lie more feverishly. Marco Rubio claimed that the new job numbers are fake. Tom Cotton has been saying the 2020 election was stolen because some states changed their voing rules to make voting easier due to the pandemic. Trump's mental health problems are infecting republicans as a whole.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Trump's rhetoric has gotten more extreme and absurd, lying about cats and dags being eaten, and FEMA money running out. I think it has moved into a dangerous level where lives will be impacted.

Republicans as a whole are starting to lie more feverishly. Marco Rubio claimed that the new job numbers are fake. Tom Cotton has been saying the 2020 election was stolen because some states changed their voing rules to make voting easier due to the pandemic. Trump's mental health problems are infecting republicans as a whole.

They're lying intentionally, because Trump knows, and the rest learned from him, that they can lie with impunity. They found out nothing really 'bad' happens, their base because more adoring, the rest of become more exhausted, or more apathetic, or more helpless. All these factors feed into more power for the authoritarians.