• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump using hurricane Helene devastation for political aims, lies about the administration

Will the hurricane damage affect the election?

• It will help Trump

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • It will help Harris

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It won't have any effect

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It will hinder voting and the effect will be incidental and unpredictable

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
This looks more like a political “I approve of this message” rather than a discussion… but I understand.
Yet you refuse to acknowledge that Trump is disturbed and unfit to be president. Trump is his own worst enemy, but so many conservative voters aren’t subjecting him to the same scrutiny and criticism as they do Harris. It’s unbelievable that Trump can’t do anything that makes him look as bad as he is.

It is a political season and you, as well as everyone else and including moi, will present their viewpoints through their personal political positions.
There is a tradition of ethics and decency that Trump doesn’t value. He wants to behave like a stupid rebel and that’s attractive to the conservative base. I can’t believe that this many citizens have sold out their integrity and have zero respect for the USA.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Im talking about basic human decency and respect. Just because you have the right, just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'd have the freedom to go to your funeral and call you a whore. Should I? Would I?

As I said, it is about what freedoms are correct and which ones aren’t (in other words). A funeral is private, the State of Georgia is not.

Trying to hide behind your fabricated issue of freedom isn't making a solid case (it isn't about freedom). Trump is being rude and disrespectful by showing up where he's been told he's not welcome and to stay out.

I’m not sure where you are coming from. I understand that Trump can be rude and disrespectful but we aren’t talking about that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I understand that Trump can be rude and disrespectful but we aren’t talking about that.
That's quite the under-statement.
Sexually assaulting women.
Demonization of Haitians & others.
A failed coup.
Threatening prosecution of political foes in the media & government.

I wonder what terminology you'd use to describe
Pol Pot, Stalin, or Hitler...."difficult personality"?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
As I said, it is about what freedoms are correct and which ones aren’t (in other words). A funeral is private, the State of Georgia is not.
Funerals and viewings are often announced in the paper, no formal checking of who shows up.
And it's the point that just because you can, just because you have the right, in many cases that doesn't mean you should.
I’m not sure where you are coming from. I understand that Trump can be rude and disrespectful but we aren’t talking about that.
Yes, we are. If you're told you aren't welcome and show up anyways that is rudeness and disrespectful.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yet you refuse to acknowledge that Trump is disturbed and unfit to be president. Trump is his own worst enemy, but so many conservative voters aren’t subjecting him to the same scrutiny and criticism as they do Harris. It’s unbelievable that Trump can’t do anything that makes him look as bad as he is.

Again… we aren’t talking about character but rather will Hurricane devastation affect the political arena. The above is more like “I approve of this message” than dealing with the OP

There is a tradition of ethics and decency that Trump doesn’t value. He wants to behave like a stupid rebel and that’s attractive to the conservative base. I can’t believe that this many citizens have sold out their integrity and have zero respect for the USA.

Yes, both have ethics issues (I gave you an example)

Kenny

Premium Member
Funerals and viewings are often announced in the paper, no formal checking of who shows up.
And it's the point that just because you can, just because you have the right, in many cases that doesn't mean you should.

Yes, we are. If you're told you aren't welcome and show up anyways that is rudeness and disrespectful.
did those people he visited complain?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
did those people he visited complain?
They were doing that before he even showed up to politicize a tragedy for his own personal gain.
And that sort of thinking, did they complain, that's how abusers often justify their abusive ways. They didn't get in trouble, no one complained (more likely the abuser didn't pay attention and twisted things to seem like it wasn't complaining), what's the big deal? You were specifically told to stay away, told you are not welcomed and showed up anyways.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Plus nobody said Trump was ever a weather man! *grin*
1727819840893.png

Bob Dylan.

"I know weather, I know the best weather, nobody knows weather better than me". - Donald Trump (probably)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This looks more like a political “I approve of this message” rather than a discussion…
Speaking of political discussion.....have you yet
addressed Trump's attempts to steal the election, eg,
fake electors in 7 states, ordering Pence to over-turn it,
threatening Secretaries of States if they don't "find" his
needed votes?
I find it odd that so many Republicans favor a candidate
who committed such treason....attempting to over-throw
an election is acceptable? Or how is Harris so bad that
a sexual predator felon who's losing his mind is preferred?

Kenny

Premium Member
Speaking of political discussion.....have you yet
addressed Trump's attempts to steal the election, eg,
fake electors in 7 states, ordering Pence to over-turn it,
threatening Secretaries of States if they don't "find" his
needed votes?
I find it odd that so many Republicans favor a candidate
who committed such treason....attempting to over-throw
an election is acceptable? Or how is Harris so bad that
a sexual predator felon who's losing his mind is preferred?
This has been beaten to a pulp. Don’t you think? Is this another “I approve of this message”? How does this address the OP?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Again… we aren’t talking about character but rather will Hurricane devastation affect the political arena. The above is more like “I approve of this message” than dealing with the OP
I'm sorry, but character has always been an issue for political figures. Of course you don't want to value character because your presidential candidate is a convicted felon who lies consistently, with history of committing fraud against people and banks. This all reflects on you, and you get to carry the shame of supporting such a despicable person. His crimes and fraud reflect on you. It's your scarlet letter. You can claim to be a Christian, but as long as you support Trump you insult everything Jesus stood for.
Yes, both have ethics issues (I gave you an example)
But only the criminal candidate is such an extreme example that he makes anyone else look good. He makes George Santos look good.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This has been beaten to a pulp. Don’t you think? Is this another “I approve of this message”? How does this address the OP?
This thread is about how Trump continues to show how despicable he is, and how he has zeri integrity by trying to exploit the hurricane for political reasons. He's using it to get free attention because he has no policies that America wants.

Trump trying to defraud the 2020 election IS the same kind of criminal behavior as him exploiting a natural disaster. And you just want to evade being accountable for your support for this felon. You can't do it. You have to be slippery and evasive.

Kenny

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but character has always been an issue for political figures. Of course you don't want to value character because your presidential candidate is a convicted felon who lies consistently, with history of committing fraud against people and banks. This all reflects on you, and you get to carry the shame of supporting such a despicable person. His crimes and fraud reflect on you. It's your scarlet letter. You can claim to be a Christian, but as long as you support Trump you insult everything Jesus stood for.

But only the criminal candidate is such an extreme example that he makes anyone else look good. He makes George Santos look good.

I agree that character is important. So I have to choose between the two that have character issues.

That it reflects on me? Do you think that your opinion of me has any value at all? Maybe I should question your character?