• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's mug shot

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You support tyranny. That is what you are saying here. You say the prosecution has done all the work for the defense. And I guess the defense just needs to sit there and say Ok thanks, I will just believe what you say here. That is nuts. He has 12.8 million docs to go through in 217 days. yeah that is fair.
No, that would be you. If you support Trump you support tyranny. In a way that is what this trial is about.

I know Trump lost fair and square, you know Trump lost fair and square, and even though he keeps lying about it, Trump knows that he lost fair and square. He tyrannically tried to keep power. He tyrannically incited a mob to violence. Trump is an idiot in many many ways, but he was not so stupid as to not know what he was doing when he promised to march with his followers to the Capitol (another lie of his). Why are you supporting this dumpster fire of a President?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Does not change the fact that the timeline is not sufficient for Trump to properly come up with a defense due to the amount of evidence turned over.
Are you a lawyer?

All his lawyers have to do is to take the evidence and double-check it and probably look for any loopholes, which really shouldn't take that much time. Also, if they need to, they can hire other lawyers for additional help.

metis

No, that would be you. If you support Trump you support tyranny. In a way that is what this trial is about.

I know Trump lost fair and square, you know Trump lost fair and square, and even though he keeps lying about it, Trump knows that he lost fair and square. He tyrannically tried to keep power. He tyrannically incited a mob to violence. Trump is an idiot in many many ways, but he was not so stupid as to not know what he was doing when he promised to march with his followers to the Capitol (another lie of his). Why are you supporting this dumpster fire of a President?
BINGO!

Clizby Wampuscat

Judge Chutkan to Trump attorney John Lauro: "Your just coming onto this case doesn't mean Donald Trump hasn't been sitting with these allegations for a long time. I'm not going to allow this rotating cast of lawyers to be the occasion for delay here."

Trump's shell game has caught up to him. That's not the judges' problem, any of them, although it is a problem for Trump. He did this to himself.
It is the judges problem. The judges main job is to protect the defendants rights and ensure they get a fair trial. This judge is not doing her job. Again I said he has 217 days from indictment to trial date with millions of documents to review.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
25themorning-mug-fjqg-articleLarge.jpg

This is trumps actual mug shot. He looks so angry

Has a president or former president ever had a mug shot before this?
Are you sure this is real? The eyes look CGI to me.

Clizby Wampuscat

Maybe he shouldn't have taken the classified docs and hidden them. Maybe he shouldn't have been finagling for 11,000 more votes, or planning for fake electors and for Pence to refuse to certify and maybe he shouldn't have encouraged the Jan. 6 insurrection. Maybe he shouldn't have done a lot of things. FAFO.
Even if he is guilty of these things he still deserves a fair trial.

Clizby Wampuscat

They have months to look at it. That should be more than enough time. They have a client that claims he did not do it. For years your side claimed that there was no evidence. Now there is too much of it. You need to quit denying the obvious, Trump is guilty. You are not going to find some miracle evidence proving that he was out of town on the night of the murder. That is now how this sort of case works. What they have is endless evidence of his guilt.
Where have I said he is not guilty? Trump's lawyers have the right to review all of the "endless" evidence of his guilt. 1968 documents per hour is unreasonable.

They are properly informed. It will be in a reasonable order. They would be able to complain if it was just random facts. You are grasping at straws. More than half of America could see the obvious. But I do find that your claim that there is too much evidence against Trump to be very amusing.
I have never claimed anything other than he deserves a fair trial. 12.8 million documents and only 217 days to review them is unfair.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
It is the judges problem. The judges main job is to protect the defendants rights and ensure they get a fair trial. This judge is not doing her job. Again I said he has 217 days from indictment to trial date with millions of documents to review.

Which judge? The judge appointed by Trump himself?

I'm reminded of the old lawyer adage that "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

All Trump's doing is pounding the table.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you sure this is real? The eyes look CGI to me.
Never mind, I just googled it and apparently this is the real deal.

It seemed suspicious to me because of the eyes and because every other mugshot I've ever seen had the perp facing right into the camera. Trump seems to be cocking his head slightly to the left in his.

Clizby Wampuscat

You can read his mind? interesting. Yeah, telling people to protest peaceably is inciting violence. Ok.

As to why I would vote for Trump if he is the nominee, well that is a different topic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even if he is guilty of these things he still deserves a fair trial.
And he is getting one. Actually four.
Where have I said he is not guilty? Trump's lawyers have the right to review all of the "endless" evidence of his guilt. 1968 documents per hour is unreasonable.

There are a lot of documents. Why do you think that they have to read all of them? Trump's innocence should exist independent of those documents at any rate. By the way, using computers and search function it is easy to find any direct testimony about Trump. The hours needed are going to be far less than you think that they are for his defense. Have you ever used the find function when you are reading an article? If you want to search it for one name it is very easy to do.
I have never claimed anything other than he deserves a fair trial. 12.8 million documents and only 217 days to review them is unfair.
And that appears to be from the case filed in DC. In some ways Trump is lucky that he has that long. He keeps violating the terms of his bail. A hard nose judge could have revoked bail and put out a warrant for his arrest, do you realize that? If you are for a fair trial why are you not complaining about Trump's actions when he is out on bail? You need to be consistent if you want to convince anyone.

If someone was a complete amateur when it came to those documents that would seem like an impossible task, but that is because you are an amateur, as am I, when it comes to finding the information needed from such documents. I can assure you that the lawyers working the case are not such amateurs.

To show this, what exactly do you think that they would need to find to save Trump's sorry behind? If you cannot state that then your complaints are without ground. Of course his lawyers are going to complain and try to delay. That is their job. It is also their tactic. They can see that Trump's only hope is to win and for Trump to attempt to do what most people think is illegal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You can read his mind? interesting. Yeah, telling people to protest peaceably is inciting violence. Ok.

He did not do that. You have to listen to his riot inspiring speech and try to apply context to it.
As to why I would vote for Trump if he is the nominee, well that is a different topic.
Uh huh, sorry, but you have tipped your hand too much. You would support the unsupportable.

Clizby Wampuscat

Are you a lawyer?

All his lawyers have to do is to take the evidence and double-check it and probably look for any loopholes, which really shouldn't take that much time. Also, if they need to, they can hire other lawyers for additional help.
No, but if I was a defendant I would like my lawyers to go through all the evidence against me. It is unreasonable to think they can go through 12.8M documents in 217 days. Your solution to just hire more lawyers is deferring to the prosecution rather than the defendant. That leads to injustice not justice.

Clizby Wampuscat

He did not do that. You have to listen to his riot inspiring speech and try to apply context to it.
He said exactly to go protest peacefully. So you are saying that when he said that he actually meant to go riot and take over the capitol building. No where in his Jan 6th speech does he say to violently do anything. He did say "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Uh huh, sorry, but you have tipped your hand too much. You would support the unsupportable.
How would you know? You have never asked me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He said exactly to go protest peacefully. So you are saying that when he said that he actually meant to go riot and take over the capitol building. No where in his Jan 6th speech does he say to violently do anything. He did say "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

No, he also told them that they would have to "fight like hell". He spent more time doing that then telling them to protest peacefully.

' "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore," he said.'

He also lied several times in the speech about the election being stolen. Do you think that people would listen to one "protest peacefully" wink wink, nudge nudge, statement when over 90% of it was an incitement to riot? You need to read the entire speech.

How would you know? You have never asked me.
Do I need to?

metis

No, but if I was a defendant I would like my lawyers to go through all the evidence against me. It is unreasonable to think they can go through 12.8M documents in 217 days. Your solution to just hire more lawyers is deferring to the prosecution rather than the defendant. That leads to injustice not justice.
No, you've just fallen victim to the persistent Trumpian tactic of delay, delay, delay, ... that he's long been known for.

He knows what he did, so his lawyers can mount a defense on that base, although telling the truth is certainly not his forte. :shrug:

metis

Yeah, telling people to protest peaceably is inciting violence. Ok.
That's nothing short of sheer nonsense as we now well know he was pushing this insurrection, which is why he refused to call it off and call in the National Guard for almost four hours while he watched it on tv, and he later praised them for supporting him.

On top of that, many of the insurrectionists who were on trial said they did it because Trump ordered them.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
You support tyranny. That is what you are saying here. You say the prosecution has done all the work for the defense. And I guess the defense just needs to sit there and say Ok thanks, I will just believe what you say here. That is nuts. He has 12.8 million docs to go through in 217 days. yeah that is fair.
There is such a thing as Discovery which prevents "trial by ambush."
Discovery enables the parties to know before the trial begins what evidence may be presented. It's designed to prevent "trial by ambush," where one side doesn't learn of the other side's evidence or witnesses until the trial, when there's no time to obtain answering evidence.​

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is such a thing as Discovery which prevents "trial by ambush."
Discovery enables the parties to know before the trial begins what evidence may be presented. It's designed to prevent "trial by ambush," where one side doesn't learn of the other side's evidence or witnesses until the trial, when there's no time to obtain answering evidence.​
Ironically he is claiming that there is too much evidence for this crime that he denied earlier claiming that there was no evidence for it. Now he is claiming that there is too much evidence for them to go over in the months before a trial.