• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Sargonski

lukethethird

unknown member
I will take that as a "No" then.

from your link;

Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

It has a left bias, I'm guessing a radical left in the USA would be reporting on proposals for universal health care, rights to clean water, a move away from fossil fuels, unions, fair wages, welfare, like as in normal stuff already in place in most industrialized countries.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I will take that as a "No" then.

Do you know what we Europeans have, whenever we judge our own Brussels institutions?
Self-criticism. Lots of self-criticism towards the Troika (European Commission, ECB, IMF), towards the Trilateral, towards all these élites who are European. That's how we could get rid of certain Tax Havens lackeys and servants and elect a German politician as head of the European Commission. Through self-criticism, meaning: we judge our own.

Do Americans know this word? Self-criticism? :)
I mean... we need to criticize our own governors, every now and then.

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
Do you know what we Europeans have, whenever we judge our own Brussels institutions?
Self-criticism. Lots of self-criticism towards the Troika (European Commission, ECB, IMF), towards the Trilateral, towards all these élites who are European. That's how we could get rid of certain Tax Havens lackeys and servants and elect a German politician as head of the European Commission. Through self-criticism, meaning: we judge our own.

Do Americans know this word? Self-criticism? :)
If they don't, it's obviously that Nuland will appear as the Holy Immaculate Virgin Mary and Soros will appear as God, to them.
There is this dogma: Americans are flawless, the others are flawed.
Self criticism? I think the term in the US is American exceptionalism.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
from your link;

Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL

It has a left bias, I'm guessing a radical left in the USA would be reporting on proposals for universal health care, rights to clean water, a move away from fossil fuels, unions, fair wages, welfare, like as in normal stuff in most industrialized countries.
Yes, "mostly factual" along with a heavy left wing bias is not good. It is outside of the "circle of trust.":

"These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy."

It is fine to get your ideas from such sources, but you should see if it is confirmed by more reliable ones.

lukethethird

unknown member
Yes, "mostly factual" along with a heavy left wing bias is not good. It is outside of the "circle of trust.":

"These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy."

It is fine to get your ideas from such sources, but you should see if it is confirmed by more reliable ones.
  • Overall, we rate Consortium News Left Biased based on story selection and advocacy that strongly favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a lack of transparency despite a clean fact check record.
A clean fact check record.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
  • Overall, we rate Consortium News Left Biased based on story selection and advocacy that strongly favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a lack of transparency despite a clean fact check record.
A clean fact check record.
You should have read more. There was a clear exception that the article sited. Do you want to guess where they were shown to be unreliable. Let me put in a spoiler for you:

Consortium News holds strong anti-war positions, which has resulted in media credibility rater Newsguard rating them with a Red Shield, indicating they are not credible. Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine

lukethethird

unknown member
You should have read more. There was a clear exception that the article sited. Do you want to guess where they were shown to be unreliable. Let me put in a spoiler for you:

Consortium News holds strong anti-war positions, which has resulted in media credibility rater Newsguard rating them with a Red Shield, indicating they are not credible. Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine
Of course newsguard does, no surprise there.

lukethethird

unknown member

Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine. However, our review indicates that most information is factual and evidence-based. They are clearly biased, but the opinions presented are anchored in fact and perhaps exaggerated.

Sargonski

I don't spout or make excuses for propaganda of any sort thanks and frankly, this post of yours is as garbled as it gets.

Yes you do ... but I was talking about the Biden Blue .. and the neocon Crew. There is nothing garbled about "State Sponsored Nazi Militia" ... what was your difficulty .. which word or term did you not understand .. made you all crazy with misunderstanding .. driving you into disingenuous oblivion everything is garbled land.

Whats the trouble friend ? Do they not understand the term Azov Nazi Battalion ? in garbled propaganda land ?

Drinking deep from the fountain .. I know it is true .. but now is your chance to correct your errant ways and get rid that progressive Blue Cancel Culture Stew you got yourself into.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course newsguard does, no surprise there.
One thing that you need to remember, people on the right are always complaining about how Media Bias Fact Check is supposedly "leftist". Media Bias Fact Check gives a very high rating to Newsguard:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine. However, our review indicates that most information is factual and evidence-based. They are clearly biased, but the opinions presented are anchored in fact and perhaps exaggerated.
You keep forgetting the word "most". The one clear failure of theirs was their reporting on the Ukraine. Sorry, you need a reliable source. "Mostly factual" is rather bad in the news biz. Fox News is "mostly factual".

lukethethird

unknown member
You keep forgetting the word "most". The one clear failure of theirs was their reporting on the Ukraine. Sorry, you need a reliable source. "Mostly factual" is rather bad in the news biz. Fox News is "mostly factual".
Fox News (foxnews.com) - Bias and Credibility

Fox News is rated mixed.
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

History

Failed Fact Checks

Overall Bias and Credibility Rating

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks. Straight news reporting from beat reporters is generally fact-based and accurate, which earns them a Mixed factual rating. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 04/26/2023)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fox News (foxnews.com) - Bias and Credibility

Fox News is rated mixed.

Failed Fact Checks

Overall Bias and Credibility Rating

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks. Straight news reporting from beat reporters is generally fact-based and accurate, which earns them a Mixed factual rating. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 04/26/2023)
Okay. They lost all credibility when Trump came into power. Before then they were better. At any rate your source failed on this one topic. That is the only reason that Newsguard put them in the questionable area. Media Bias Fact Check appears to think that one error puts them in the "Most Factual" area.

lukethethird

unknown member
Okay. They lost all credibility when Trump came into power. Before then they were better. At any rate your source failed on this one topic. That is the only reason that Newsguard put them in the questionable area. Media Bias Fact Check appears to think that one error puts them in the "Most Factual" area.
Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine. However, our review indicates that most information is factual and evidence-based.

Consortium News did not fail on the topic of Ukraine.

MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Newsguard cites the publication of false or misleading information regarding Ukraine. However, our review indicates that most information is factual and evidence-based.

They did not fail on the topic of Ukraine.

MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
You keep ignoring the term "most". They screwed up with the Ukraine. Sorry dude, try again.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I have so many documents proving it. ;)
Imagine if these videos enter an international criminal court.

My Italian is nowhere near as good as my Russian, so I read the Russian subtitles. This speech was in Russian, not Ukrainian (which Zelensky speaks in most public venues now), and it was about people wanting to speak Russian. There was nothing in it that had any bearing on the invasion or showed that people who speak Russian were being persecuted to the extent that would justify an invasion by the Russian Federation, which had, if you will recall, guaranteed the sovereignty of Ukraine in 1994. In any case, the video ended with quotes from Russian media complaining falsely that Zelensky had no intention of complying with the Minsk agreement. The fact is that the Russian side never lifted a finger to comply with it. Although required to remove their troops from Ukraine, they never did anything of the sort. So neither side ended up complying with it. When 2022 rolled around, that was the status quo. The only thing changed was that Russia and Ukraine had used the ceasefire to prepare for the next round of hostilities, which Russia initiated.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My Italian is nowhere near as good as my Russian, so I read the Russian subtitles. This speech was in Russian, not Ukrainian (which Zelensky speaks in most public venues now), and it was about people wanting to speak Russian. There was nothing in it that had any bearing on the invasion or showed that people who speak Russian were being persecuted to the extent that would justify an invasion by the Russian Federation, which had, if you will recall, guaranteed the sovereignty of Ukraine in 1994.
Preventing the Donbas population from speaking Russian is persecution.
:)
According to the European Court of Justice, for example.

It does justify the will to become independent. Separatism.