• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Soldier Throws Puppy Off of Cliff

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Also, I am confident the dog is real. I don't how on earth a bunch of guys are going to find a fake dog with hair in the middle of a desert. In addition if you google long enough you can find tons of videos of other army/marines shooting and killing dogs and cats for fun while being filmed by their friends. It isn't like that would be an isolated incident.
I've met two Marines and two Army Reserves (Not counting a friend of mine who is in the Reserves) that served in Iraq, here in L.A. Three out of the four informed me that that they shot dogs while they were there because they were "bored." This is not a question I asked them or brought up. It was information they volunteered. I think you're right about this not being isolated.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I've met two Marines and two Army Reserves (Not counting a friend of mine who is in the Reserves) that served in Iraq, here in L.A. Three out of the four informed me that that they shot dogs while they were there because they were "bored." This is not a question I asked them or brought up. It was information they volunteered. I think you're right about this not being isolated.

I certainly don't approve of soldiers shooting or mistreating animals. But If they must shoot something living it much better they shoot a dog rather than some innocent civilian.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I certainly don't approve of soldiers shooting or mistreating animals. But If they must shoot something living it much better they shoot a dog rather than some innocent civilian.

Well of course, but was that the choice it came down to in these instances?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I think the better alternative is shooting something that's non-living if they're bored...like cans. There really is no excuse for shooting a dog simply because you're bored. It doesn't take much effort to make your own targets.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I think the better alternative is shooting something that's non-living if they're bored...like cans. There really is no excuse for shooting a dog simply because you're bored. It doesn't take much effort to make your own targets.

I agree.