• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFO's UAP's

idea

Question Everything
From news today:

UFO hearing key takeaways: What a whistleblower told Congress about UAP

What's everyone's views on UFO's / UAP's?

I was with a group at our local observatory recently, and host asked how many there had seen UFO's - a little over half raised their hands, had a fun conversation with everyone talking about the crazy stuff they had seen.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A UFO is just what it says that it is. An unidentified flying object. Just about every UFO has been explained. In the last 50 years or so they have been mostly due to new technology that no one is fully familiar with yet.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
A UFO is just what it says that it is. An unidentified flying object. Just about every UFO has been explained. In the last 50 years or so they have been mostly due to new technology that no one is fully familiar with yet.
I just want to know why every UFO photo is taken with a potato? We're in the era of HD/4K cameras, there are mobile phones in nearly every pocket yet every pic looks like it was taken with a camera from 1850.

Heyo

Veteran Member
From news today:

I was with a group at our local observatory recently, and host asked how many there had seen UFO's - a little over half raised their hands, had a fun conversation with everyone talking about the crazy stuff they had seen.
Ever wandered why UFOs/UAP are always in the news when the US military has lost or is about to lose their bogeyman?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just want to know why every UFO photo is taken with a potato? We're in the era of HD/4K cameras, there are mobile phones in nearly every pocket yet every pic looks like it was taken with a camera from 1850.
If they could get a clear enough picture they would go, "Oh, that's a duck".

Seriously, the GOFAST UFO was almost surely a high flying bird. Either a duck or a goose. The technology behind that photo is amazing. The jet plane has an ability to lock on to a moving object and keep it centered in its viewfinder. Though they were not thinking of tracking birds when they made it. The elevation of the plane, and the distance to the object could be calculated. It was roughly the size of a healthy bird and the pulses of the images were rather like wing beats in both size difference and frequency. The background looked to be moving very fast, but that was probably due to the speed of the jet. When you were a kid riding in a car did you ever lock onto a telephone pole? The background will look as if it is moving relative to the pole. The speed of the bird would have been almost stationary compared to the speed of the jet.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
From news today:

Based on what I've personally witnessed, I believe that there is intelligent life on other planets and that extraterrestrial beings have visited Earth in the past and present. I've witnessed first-hand UFO sightings in my lifetime. My first sighting was in the late Fall of 1994, and it was witnessed by multiple people in the same area. My second sighting was in January 2021, while I was 36,000 feet in the air on a Southwest flight from Alabama to Dallas. The only other witness to this sighting was my husband, but we decided not to alert the flight crew or the other passengers. We were both concerned that it would cause a panic on the plane, and we were 36,000 feet in the air. After my first sighting, I began to research both past and present reports of UFO sightings not only in the state where I lived but also across the country, which soon led me to actively follow the reports of MUFON members. In addition to my own sightings, I believe that the evidence from credible eyewitness accounts that I have read, seen on video, or listened to is sufficient for me to believe that they are true. I'm referring to credible eyewitness accounts such as those of former presidents Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter, the 1952 Washington, D.C., UFO incident, the 2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting, the intriguing UFO footage released by the Pentagon, and the 2020 documentary The Phenomenon (click here to watch the trailer). Of course, what I've written in my post reflects my own personal opinion based on what I believe to be credible evidence of UFOs. However, I don't assume that everyone will agree with my views and consider the same evidence to be as credible as I do.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Based on what I've personally witnessed, I believe that there is intelligent life on other planets and that extraterrestrial beings have visited Earth in the past and present. I've witnessed first-hand UFO sightings in my lifetime. My first sighting was in the late Fall of 1994, and it was witnessed by multiple people in the same area. My second sighting was in January 2021, while I was 36,000 feet in the air on a Southwest flight from Alabama to Dallas. The only other witness to this sighting was my husband, but we decided not to alert the flight crew or the other passengers. We were both concerned that it would cause a panic on the plane, and we were 36,000 feet in the air. After my first sighting, I began to research both past and present reports of UFO sightings not only in the state where I lived but also across the country, which soon led me to actively follow the reports of MUFON members. In addition to my own sightings, I believe that the evidence from credible eyewitness accounts that I have read, seen on video, or listened to is sufficient for me to believe that they are true. I'm referring to credible eyewitness accounts such as those of former presidents Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter, the 1952 Washington, D.C., UFO incident, the 2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting, the intriguing UFO footage released by the Pentagon, and the 2020 documentary The Phenomenon (click here to watch the trailer). Of course, what I've written in my post reflects my own personal opinion based on what I believe to be credible evidence. However, I don't assume that everyone will agree with my views and consider the same evidence to be as credible as I do.

I know that you almost surely saw UFO's. but they are also almost surely mundane object that you could not recognize under the circumstances. And there is almost surely intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. But interstellar travel is very very dubious at this point in time. That is why I said you probably just saw something that you did not understand.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know that you almost surely saw UFO's. but they are also almost surely mundane object that you could not recognize under the circumstances. And there is almost surely intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. But interstellar travel is very very dubious at this point in time. That is why I said you probably just saw something that you did not understand.
I've thought about this idea that interstellar travel is impossible. But then so is flying at hypersonic speeds at 30,000 feet, making sharp 90 degree right angle turns at thousands of miles per hour, flying for 12 hours straight without visible propulsion, and the like. All of those are impossible as well. Yet that is what highly trained navy pilots both witnessed and captured on radar and film. If that's possible, then the argument that interstellar travel isn't possible doesn't seem to be much of an argument. Apparently there a great many things we don't understand yet that seem impossible to us at this point, would be a better position to take it would seem.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Thank you for your response. To be honest, I'm not aware of any circular object that can remain stationary 36,000 feet in the air for several minutes, change its color from metallic black to a bright red and then back again, disappear for a couple of seconds and reappear, and then vanish a few seconds later and not reappear. My husband and I both watched this metallic black object for several minutes before it disappeared out of sight. Unbeknownst to him and me, we later learned from online research after returning home that other people had seen the same or similar metallic object (see here as an example).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've thought about this idea that interstellar travel is impossible. But then so is flying at hypersonic speeds at 30,000 feet, making sharp 90 degree right angle turns at thousands of miles per hour, flying for 12 hours straight without visible propulsion, and the like. All of those are impossible as well. Yet that is what highly trained navy pilots both witnessed and captured on radar and film. If that's possible, then the argument that interstellar travel isn't possible doesn't seem to be much of an argument. Apparently there a great many things we don't understand yet that seem impossible to us at this point, would be a better position to take it would seem.

No, flying at hypersonic speeds is merely very difficult. There are huge problems with mysterious aliens. Do you even have any idea of all of the problems? First off how would they even know that we are here?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, flying at hypersonic speeds is merely very difficult. There are huge problems with mysterious aliens. Do you even have any idea of all of the problems? First off how would they even know that we are here?
Very poor images of something that you did not understand. That is exceedingly poor evidence for extraterrestrial life. An honest "I don't know" is the proper answer.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Interstellar travel is not impossible. In fact we have send probes into interstellar space which started in 1977.
What seems to be impossible is superluminal travel and subluminal visitors are highly unlikely - especially when the evidence is inconclusive. Active search has turned out nothing. All reported phenomena are spurious, out of focus, involve new equipment which the operators aren't familiar with and never reproducible.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe it is entirely possible for aliens to exist, but I see no convincing evidence that any sighted UFOs could be attributed to aliens. I remain unconvinced that any previously sighted UFOs belonged to aliens and also critical of hyperbolically or sensationally worded statements, such as those of this "whistleblower," that do more to stir up and engender conspiracy theories than advance scientific understanding or awareness of possible explanations for UFO sightings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interstellar travel is not impossible. In fact we have send probes into interstellar space which started in 1977.
What seems to be impossible is superluminal travel and subluminal visitors are highly unlikely - especially when the evidence is inconclusive. Active search has turned out nothing. All reported phenomena are spurious, out of focus, involve new equipment which the operators aren't familiar with and never reproducible.

Well not exactly never reproducible. In fact that is how they are often refuted. For example when the Navy released three "unsolved" UFO's one of them was rather quickly refuted by someone that understood how video cameras work and about FAA requirements for planes at night. The UFO's were triangular in shape. Very sharp triangles. Someone noticed that they pulsed at the same rate as the FAA requires for aircraft. and when a camera is pointed towards a point source of light the shape that it will see is not a blur. Instead the shape comes from the camera aperture. By going out at night and videoing near an airport with a camera with the same sort of aperture the effects were repeated. The same has been done with "orbs". Knowing what can cause certain observations can give rational explanation for them.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
If they could get a clear enough picture they would go, "Oh, that's a duck".

Seriously, the GOFAST UFO was almost surely a high flying bird. Either a duck or a goose. The technology behind that photo is amazing. The jet plane has an ability to lock on to a moving object and keep it centered in its viewfinder. Though they were not thinking of tracking birds when they made it. The elevation of the plane, and the distance to the object could be calculated. It was roughly the size of a healthy bird and the pulses of the images were rather like wing beats in both size difference and frequency. The background looked to be moving very fast, but that was probably due to the speed of the jet. When you were a kid riding in a car did you ever lock onto a telephone pole? The background will look as if it is moving relative to the pole. The speed of the bird would have been almost stationary compared to the speed of the jet.
I was referring to photos with eyewitness claims, most seem to be about objects that hung around, hovered, moved back n' forth etc. rather than zipping by so fast someone would be lucky to capture anything at all. Even when there are reports something appeared during outdoor events with multiple witnesses, not one person seems capable of, or even simply to luck out, getting an image that doesn't look like it was shot through gauze.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was referring to photos with eyewitness claims, most seem to be about objects that hung around, hovered, moved back n' forth etc. rather than zipping by so fast someone would be lucky to capture anything at all. Even when there are reports something appeared during outdoor events with multiple witnesses, not one person seems capable of, or even simply to luck out, getting an image that doesn't look like it was shot through gauze.
Once again, when people see something new they are often confused They will get the facts of what they saw wrong. People that saw an object together will often have the same version because they talk with each other when the memories are fresh and that can affect memory. But often separated groups will have "seen" very different things.

I can understand how you feel. I saw something totally unexplainable one night , but I was in an urban area and all alone. No one else saw anything strange which tells me that the mistake was mine.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Once again, when people see something new they are often confused They will get the facts of what they saw wrong. People that saw an object together will often have the same version because they talk with each other when the memories are fresh and that can affect memory. But often separated groups will have "seen" very different things.

I can understand how you feel. I saw something totally unexplainable one night , but I was in an urban area and all alone. No one else saw anything strange which tells me that the mistake was mine.
Yes, I know how things spread socially. That's not the issue for why these photos come out blurred.

I'm not the sort to immediately assume something is extraterrestrial, paranormal or other worldly simply because I don't know what it is. I'll see whether I can rule out most probable causes before concluding it "must" be extraordinary. I certainly wouldn't try to pass off a grainy photo as "proof" of alien visitors. LOL