• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFO's UAP's

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Definitely.

Many well debunked.

Still, I do want to think they are out there somewhere.
I always say that there is a high likelihood of intelligent life somewhere. But the ability to travel through space appears to be very very limiting. Unless some sort of way to cheat and "go around" the distance is found then we as a species are trapped in this one Solar System.

Which is really a pity because at times I do crave some green strange.

1690477682306.png

exchemist

Veteran Member
It was swamp gas. Even Navy pilot can be fooled easily. Yes, that's it. Swamp gas.

Thank goodness for YouTube to clear that up for us. Silly pilots! Oops. :)
I am referring to the official investigation of some of these reports, not to YouTube videos.

The video I posted is an illustration of the principle of parallax and how it can mislead someone making an observation, that is all.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
M
I always say that there is a high likelihood of intelligent life somewhere. But the ability to travel through space appears to be very very limiting. Unless some sort of way to cheat and "go around" the distance is found then we as a species are trapped in this one Solar System.

Which is really a pity because at times I do crave some green strange.

View attachment 80022
Me as well.

Although there is nothing as of yet, the discoveries so far tells me it's just a matter of time.

I sincerely hope the announcement of life discovered in the universe will happen before I pass on.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fair enough. Summary: the "credible sources" aren't.
Except of course for those that are credible.

"But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.” He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.​
The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube. The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.​
The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way. “It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.​
What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew. “Speed doesn’t kill you,” Lieutenant Graves said. “Stopping does. Or acceleration.”​
Asked what they thought the objects were, the pilots refused to speculate.​
“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.”​
Lieutenant Accoin said only that “we’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths.”​
In March 2015 the Roosevelt left the coast of Florida and headed to the Persian Gulf as part of the American-led mission fighting the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. The same pilots who were interacting with the strange objects off the East Coast were soon doing bombing missions over Iraq and Syria.​
The incidents tapered off after they left the United States, the pilots said.​
These are highly trained Navy pilots who could not only see them on their radar, lock on to them, witness them doing maneuvers that no aircraft we have can, and saw them with their own eyes over the course of many days. But it could all have just been swamp gas, or an optical illusion, and they just need to be trained better? It can't be real, so therefore they can't be credible. Something like that?

I mean, I get the fringe lunatics out there, but this??? It takes a special brand of "skepticism" to lump these guys into with some hayseed by his still in the Ozarks seeing objects in the sky.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am referring to the official investigation of some of these reports, not to YouTube videos.

The video I posted is an illustration of the principle of parallax and how it can mislead someone making an observation, that is all.
You believe these Navy pilots were duped by a common optical illusion? All of what the article said can be explained away by that? Call me unconvinced.

To quote the article directly this time:

"But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.” He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.​

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube. The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.​

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way. “It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.​

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew. “Speed doesn’t kill you,” Lieutenant Graves said. “Stopping does. Or acceleration.”​

“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.” Lieutenant Accoin said only that “we’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths.”

In March 2015 the Roosevelt left the coast of Florida and headed to the Persian Gulf as part of the American-led mission fighting the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. The same pilots who were interacting with the strange objects off the East Coast were soon doing bombing missions over Iraq and Syria.​

You think these pilots aren't trained to know the difference? You think their radar and their eyes saying the things, and the recordings, all can be explained away by this? I don't buy it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.”​
Lieutenant Accoin said only that “we’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths.”​
These are highly trained Navy pilots who could not only see them on their radar, lock on to them, witness them doing maneuvers that no aircraft we have can, and saw them with their own eyes over the course of many days. But it could all have just been swamp gas, or an optical illusion, and they just need to be trained better? It can't be real, so therefore they can't be credible. Something like that?

I mean, I get the fringe lunatics out there, but this??? It takes a special brand of "skepticism" to lump these guys into with some hayseed by his still in the Ozarks seeing objects in the sky.
No, you can't use the "these are highly trained" claim. They are trained, but they are often using brand new technology too.

Can you quote from your source? It has a paywall so it is not evidence at all. How did they determine the object's speed?

exchemist

Veteran Member
You believe these Navy pilots were duped by a common optical illusion? All of what the article said can be explained away by that? Call me unconvinced.

To quote the article directly this time:

“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.” Lieutenant Accoin said only that “we’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths.”​

You think these pilots aren't trained to know the difference? You think their radar and their eyes saying the things, and the recordings, all can be explained away by this? I don't buy it.
Yup, they are trained to fight wars, with other aircraft, not to identify random objects at random altitudes and at random speeds.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yup, they are trained to fight wars, with other aircraft, not to identify random objects at random altitudes and at random speeds.
Ok, sure. The world's best pilots are making a big deal about "random objects". I mean, did you read the article? Did you read what I quoted from it, in case you can't see it past the paywall? Seriously, your argument isn't rational.

From the article:

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.
These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”​
In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were videotaped, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.​
“Wow, what is that, man?” one exclaims. “Look at it fly!”​

Are you to have us believe they are looking at "random objects", like a child's mylar birthday balloon? These guys are just hysterical fools who really don't know what they are looking at and making wild claims? This is the quality of the pilots you believe the Navy lets fly these multi-million dollar jets in defense of this country?

I'm sorry, I'm just too rational to be that dismissive. If these pilots don't qualify as credible sources, then nothing else could possibly qualify. That just sounds like a refusal to believe. No amount of evidence would matter at that stage.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Ok, sure. The world's best pilots are making a big deal about "random objects". I mean, did you read the article? Did you read what I quoted from it, in case you can't see it past the paywall? Seriously, your argument isn't rational.

From the article:

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.
These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”​
In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were videotaped, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.​
“Wow, what is that, man?” one exclaims. “Look at it fly!”​
Yeah yeah, that’s what the pilots say they think they saw. The object “zooming over the ocean waves” may have been the one that was found to be actually at 13,000ft and moving at 40 knots.

But gosh wow a Navy pilot saw it, so he must be right!:rolleyes:

I’m sorry but I’m not impressed.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah yeah, that’s what the pilots say they think they saw. The object “zooming over the ocean waves” may have been the one that was found to be actually at 13,000ft and moving at 40 knots.

But gosh wow a Navy pilot saw it, so he must be right!:rolleyes:

I’m sorry but I’m not impressed.
Sounds like denialism to me.

Heyo

Veteran Member

And from all these sightings there were three videos that where released to the public and all of them had explanations that where everything else but aliens (and did not perform impossible manoeuvres, it just seemed that way). That was all the hard evidence that came out of that.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Out there all day (multiple days on end) and there is no high quality footage of any of this?
If they were really interested in these phenomena, they would have hours upon hours of systematic observations. What have they got? Three short clips of blurry images.
I'm sorry, I'm just too rational to be that dismissive. If these pilots don't qualify as credible sources, then nothing else could possibly qualify. That just sounds like a refusal to believe. No amount of evidence would matter at that stage.
I'm sorry, I'm just too rational to be that gullible. If these pilots had so many encounters and near to none physical evidence then that little blurry evidence they produced is evidence for things not having happened as reported.
I do refuse to believe "eyewitnesses" who had every chance to record their multiple and reliably repeated (according to them) encounters and didn't. No amount of additional hearsay will matter at this stage.