• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFO's UAP's

Flat Earth Kyle

From news today:

UFO hearing key takeaways: What a whistleblower told Congress about UAP

What's everyone's views on UFO's / UAP's?

I was with a group at our local observatory recently, and host asked how many there had seen UFO's - a little over half raised their hands, had a fun conversation with everyone talking about the crazy stuff they had seen.
It is a fact that the United States military has a lot of classified aircraft. Just because the general public doesn't know what it is, that doesn't mean it is from "outer space."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is a fact that the United States military has a lot of classified aircraft. Just because the general public doesn't know what it is, that doesn't mean it is from "outer space."
Yet there are high ranking officers saying there are non humans among us.

This one recent...

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thank you for your response. To be honest, I'm not aware of any circular object that can remain stationary 36,000 feet in the air for several minutes, change its color from metallic black to a bright red and then back again, disappear for a couple of seconds and reappear, and then vanish a few seconds later and not reappear. My husband and I both watched this metallic black object for several minutes before it disappeared out of sight. Unbeknownst to him and me, we later learned from online research after returning home that other people had seen the same or similar metallic object (see here as an example).
The human eye and brain are notoriously easily deceived. This is especially true when one is in motion relative to some background scene, e.g. flying over land or cloud. Anomalous sightings, by even experienced military pilots, who thought they saw something moving at incredible speed, or stationary have been shown to be illusions due to parallax effects.

One famous parallax effect is when a landing aircraft, at an airport, can seem to be hanging stationary in the air, relative to a background of trees or buildings, when viewed from a car moving in the opposite direction.

So my advice is to be a bit careful before trusting how your brain is interpreting what you saw.

Flat Earth Kyle

Yet there are high ranking officers saying there are non humans among us.

This one recent...

For sure, dogs, cats monkeys. :rolleyes:
Operation Bluebeam has been underway for a long time now. The government controlled "alien invasion" is happening.
Please keep in mind the survivors of project MK-Ultra claim MK-Ultra took place at NASA.
Don't let the Space Farce get to your head.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'd like to believe life exist on other planets, there are certainly enough of them suitable.

However

Intelligent life as we understand it? Now there is a question, what is intelligence to an alien? It's a question that is impossible to answer.

Then we have the problem of astronomical distances and speed limits.

No, I don't think these blurry images of frisbees and pan lids are alien craft.

Many years ago when i was a child there was a program on tv. Starting with aliens on their planet building a space craft. Finished and launched towards the planet from which signals are constantly being recieved. Several generations later they were flying through the atmosphere coming in to land while searching for life that they could recognise. Down they came, searching, past humans. Ah ha, there they see life similar to themselves surely intelligent and willing to meet travellers from space. Landing on a dog's back they alighted their craft and addressed a flee, "we come from space pleased to meet you"

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, flying at hypersonic speeds is merely very difficult. There are huge problems with mysterious aliens. Do you even have any idea of all of the problems? First off how would they even know that we are here?
If you were to read the article, it's not merely hypersonic speed, but speeds which no aircraft humans make can travel, let alone make right angle turns at speeds like that, shoot straight down and up at gforces that would pulverize us, and so forth.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interstellar travel is not impossible. In fact we have send probes into interstellar space which started in 1977.
What seems to be impossible is superluminal travel and subluminal visitors are highly unlikely - especially when the evidence is inconclusive.
My point was, that what the credible sources are witnessing things that are already impossible to our understanding. Coming from the perspective of our current understanding of physics and how to manipulate those understandings in our technologies, all of that seems impossible. Yet we are seeing the impossible already.

So I would say it is wise to not rule out that we simply do not understand how it could be possible at this point. It's like our ruling out of the possibility of air travel in the past because humans don't have feathers. Our scientific knowledge at this point, is much more likely to be simply unaware of how, not that it's not possible, and therefore these highly trained Navy pilots and all their recorded evidence is not credible.
Active search has turned out nothing. All reported phenomena are spurious, out of focus, involve new equipment which the operators aren't familiar with and never reproducible.
All reported phenomena are not spurious. Unless you wish to say all those Navy pilots who both tracked, recorded and reported what they witnesses were not credible, or are part of some grand conspiracy theory? ‘Wow, What Is That?’ Navy Pilots Report Unexplained Flying Objects (Published 2019)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Since the onset of my dementia/etc., one of the few things I've been able to focus on is UFOs--it's a subject I can come to and leave and it doesn't bother anyone if I don't make any progress; I was interested in it when I was young, and now that I'm old, why not look at it again. So, over the past few years, I read a lot of the early literature on the subject, and some of the more recent stuff. I'm trying to take a historical approach as much as possible, and have been constructing a detailed timeline...but that's for another time. Much of what I've read is nonsense, or at least does not contribute to understanding the phenomenon from a historical aspect, but one thing that bothers me is how both those who believe that there are sightings of unusual aerial phenomena and those who think there aren't any, BOTH seem to go immediately to INTERSTELLAR ALIENS as the theory to be accepted/dismissed.

'there are unusual phenomena observed' DOES NOT EQUAL 'aliens from space.'

There are other options available...

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that there is some as yet unknown atmospheric phenomenon that has been largely ignored because it has been recognized to not provide much of a threat to people and technologies.

Past that, if one is to jump to unlikely, difficult to understand and undemonstrated solutions, I think the interdimensional traveler theory ought to be looked at. It has the advantage of not having to overcome the difficulties of interstellar travel, after all...

Twilight Hue

I'd like to believe life exist on other planets, there are certainly enough of them suitable.

However

Intelligent life as we understand it? Now there is a question, what is intelligence to an alien? It's a question that is impossible to answer.

Then we have the problem of astronomical distances and speed limits.

No, I don't think these blurry images of frisbees and pan lids are alien craft.

Many years ago when i was a child there was a program on tv. Starting with aliens on their planet building a space craft. Finished and launched towards the planet from which signals are constantly being recieved. Several generations later they were flying through the atmosphere coming in to land while searching for life that they could recognise. Down they came, searching, past humans. Ah ha, there they see life similar to themselves surely intelligent and willing to meet travellers from space. Landing on a dog's back they alighted their craft and addressed a flee, "we come from space pleased to meet you"
I entertain the idea of the possibility that aliens are under the ground or under the sea rather than outer space.

The popular grey certainly fits the description of a cave dwelling being more than space.

Heyo

Veteran Member
My point was, that what the credible sources are witnessing things that are already impossible to our understanding. Coming from the perspective of our current understanding of physics and how to manipulate those understandings in our technologies, all of that seems impossible. Yet we are seeing the impossible already.

So I would say it is wise to not rule out that we simply do not understand how it could be possible at this point. It's like our ruling out of the possibility of air travel in the past because humans don't have feathers. Our scientific knowledge at this point, is much more likely to be simply unaware of how, not that it's not possible, and therefore these highly trained Navy pilots and all their recorded evidence is not credible.

All reported phenomena are not spurious. Unless you wish to say all those Navy pilots who both tracked, recorded and reported what they witnesses were not credible, or are part of some grand conspiracy theory? ‘Wow, What Is That?’ Navy Pilots Report Unexplained Flying Objects (Published 2019)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you were to read the article, it's not merely hypersonic speed, but speeds which no aircraft humans make can travel, let alone make right angle turns at speeds like that, shoot straight down and up at gforces that would pulverize us, and so forth.

You do not seem to understand. They do not do that. Every case that I have seen that makes that claim that has been refuted, and that is almost all of them, have been people misinterpreting the evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I can't read that article. I have used up my free issues this month. Is that about the three UFO's that were released by the Navy recently (well only a few years ago)? Those were all refuted and shown to be merely objects that they did not understand or technical glitches in very short order.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Navy pilots get confused too. Here is a short demo of the parallax effect. Some of the Navy pilot reports of impossible speeds have been shown to be due to this effect.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Remember crop circles? A friend (years ago) used to fly people in his Cessna 172 to view them. Eventually the people that created them 'fessed up and even demonstrated how they did it, but a hard core of believers still refused to admit that it wasn't aliens.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The human eye and brain are notoriously easily deceived. This is especially true when one is in motion relative to some background scene, e.g. flying over land or cloud. Anomalous sightings, by even experienced military pilots, who thought they saw something moving at incredible speed, or stationary have been shown to be illusions due to parallax effects.

One famous parallax effect is when a landing aircraft, at an airport, can seem to be hanging stationary in the air, relative to a background of trees or buildings, when viewed from a car moving in the opposite direction.

So my advice is to be a bit careful before trusting how your brain is interpreting what you saw.

Well, I would consider that a possibility if my husband hasn't described to me exactly what I saw before I said anything to him or if, unbeknownst to us, the same object has been seen by other people across the country and in other countries like Mexico. A veteran MUFON member also informed us that other MUFON members had in fact seen the object we had seen and had described it in the same way. Honestly, I think that denial becomes unreasonable in light of mounting evidence and repeated confirmation from so many other people in other areas of the country and the world. My husband and I have come to the conclusion that the object we observed for several minutes was either a secretive military craft unknown to the general public or that it was not of this world. And, based on all of the evidence that I've seen and read in my own research on the subject, I lean more toward the latter. Of course, you and others are free to disagree with me, but I doubt that your disbelief will ever change my mind. My husband is still on the fence, but it intrigues him too.

Twilight Hue

You do not seem to understand. They do not do that. Every case that I have seen that makes that claim that has been refuted, and that is almost all of them, have been people misinterpreting the evidence.
Definitely.

Many well debunked.

Still, I do want to think they are out there somewhere.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Navy pilots get confused too. Here is a short demo of the parallax effect. Some of the Navy pilot reports of impossible speeds have been shown to be due to this effect.

It was swamp gas. Even Navy pilot can be fooled easily. Yes, that's it. Swamp gas.

Thank goodness for YouTube to clear that up for us. Silly pilots! Oops. :)

Last edited: