• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

United States Supreme Court Rules Donald Trump Is Immune For Official Acts And Is Not Immune For Unofficial Acts

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So which do you think is better and why?

"To obey the letter of the law is to follow the literal reading of the words of the law, whereas following the spirit of the law is to follow the intention of why the law was enforced"
The spirit.
Words change meanings over time.

Pogo

So they’re corrupt because, in your words, “They behaved within the letter of the law.” Got it.
Yes, their job is to interpret, not just function as a robot, that is why we have this structure, the law is not an air hockey table.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You can put it that way if you wish.

Do you have no objection to being asked a loaded question? If so, then when are you going to pay me back that $10 million you owe me?

Is it not obvious to everyone that water is wet?
arangutan-monkey.gif

Ebionite

"It's the greatest, most beautiful ruling of all time, and I now have the most incredible immunity," Trump said in his official statement. "The Supreme Court, which I filled with tremendous and brilliant judges, has now made me the most immune president in the history of the United States, which is a great honor. I am now officially immune from everything I have ever done, including looking at the solar eclipse without any eye protection. So immune. Totally immune, they said. No one's ever said that before. Incredible."

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Maybe. I mean, it is not clear to me just what the decision actually means for Trump. Anyway, the court could have made this ruling long before now; I think the delay was to ensure that Trump will not be in court again before the election.
Have you ever known any government agency to move quickly? I haven't.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"It's the greatest, most beautiful ruling of all time, and I now have the most incredible immunity," Trump said in his official statement. "The Supreme Court, which I filled with tremendous and brilliant judges, has now made me the most immune president in the history of the United States, which is a great honor. I am now officially immune from everything I have ever done, including looking at the solar eclipse without any eye protection. So immune. Totally immune, they said. No one's ever said that before. Incredible."

That's a really optimistic spin.
No immunity for non-official acts could cause him much trouble.