• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Unliftable Stone' Paradox - Logically flawed argument people make even today

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am curious how this would of happened 2000 years a go
Mate. You are talking about a birth. A bigger thing happened millions of years ago. Genesis. Was that also logically impossible in your paradigm?

You have to seriously redesign your sources of knowledge. Develop an honest epistemic responsibility. Cheers.

Madsaac

Can you define what an "illogical possibility" is?

Logical impossibility is simply non-sense, and thus cannot be made “real” in physical terms in the first place.

In logic, when we say something is "logically impossible," we mean that it violates the fundamental principles of logic or reason. These principles form the basis of rational thought and argumentation, and they help us distinguish between what is possible and what is not.

If something is logically impossible, it means that it cannot be true or cannot exist without leading to a contradiction. In other words, it would violate the laws of logic, such as the law of non-contradiction or the law of excluded middle.

Something is logically impossible if it is contradictory, or against the laws of logic. Thus a round square is a logical impossibility, and it is logically impossible to be a tall man without being tall.

There you go.

You have to seriously redesign your sources of knowledge. Develop an honest epistemic responsibility. Cheers.

No I don't and I'm more then happy with mine, thanks.

From your tone, you sound like you're happy with yours as well, so tell me, what does 'logical impossibility' have to do with the existence of God?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Sort of relevant because some may say that miracles are 'logically impossible'
Some people say many nonsensical things. It's their arrogance that impedes their intention to research about a statement they are gonna make. Fallacious things people say does not mean I have to engage with red herrings.

RestlessSoul

That is news to me. How can humans violate the laws of logic?
Could you tell me precisely what law of logic humans could violate?

Not all logical traditions are identical; systems of logic are based on axioms which may not be universally accepted. The law of the excluded middle vs the tetralemma or catuskoti, is perhaps the best known example of contradictory laws of logic.

Catuṣkoṭi - Wikipedia

The wider point is that logic is not reality, it is a product of our human perception of reality.

Clizby Wampuscat

Not all logical traditions are identical; systems of logic are based on axioms which may not be universally accepted. The law of the excluded middle vs the tetralemma or catuskoti, is perhaps the best known example of contradictory laws of logic.

Catuṣkoṭi - Wikipedia

The wider point is that logic is not reality, it is a product of our human perception of reality.
I agree they are a product of our experience in reality. Until someone can tell me how the three basic laws of logic can be violated I will believe they do reflect reality.