• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Unliftable Stone' Paradox - Logically flawed argument people make even today

Madsaac

Exactly. Logic is a human construct, a product of human perception. It would be foolish therefore, to consider logic either infallible or universal.

Yeah but if you don't think it a human construct, what else could it be? Considering we are humans, it's all that matters isn't it?

Ajax

Mmm .. it makes any communication between us meaningless .. nothing to do with G-d.

It becomes a part of language construction and grammar.
As long as any God can not be proven by theists, it is also meaningless to talk about his so called attributes given by men. :shrug:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
If you believe that your prophet flew to the 7th heaven riding a non existent animal..
..or if I believed that 'fingers crossed' meant that I had a better chance of something happening..
The list is endless, and nothing to do with the OP.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah but if you don't think it a human construct, what else could it be? Considering we are humans, it's all that matters isn't it?
That's a philosophical naturalists position. Well, if that's your epistemology, that's fine, but then the topic is about a methodological argument as stipulated in the heading and OP. So you have to make an internal critic, not base your epistemology as the default.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I said already that in my view, no other logic exists apart from human logic.
Well, that's sad but OK. I mean, since by your own words, you said that human logic is neither infallible nor universal.

Ajax

Well, that's sad but OK. I mean, since by your own words, you said that human logic is neither infallible nor universal.
Nothing is infallible, neither can be totally universal. That ls called progress.
But this in not the topic...

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Exactly. Logic is a human construct, a product of human perception. It would be foolish therefore, to consider logic either infallible or universal.
And don't people in religions try to show how logical their interpretations are?

But is religion infallible? And some people believe their religion is infallible. So, people in a different religion, they'd want to use logic to show how that other religion is wrong. And for non-believers in religion, they want to use logic to show how all religions are wrong.