• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Evolutionists do not claim that vastly complex organisms were created by evolution from infinitely simple ones ? Doesn't seem quite right to me. Do you tell fortunes ?
Wallowing in ignorance does not help you either.

Though it does seem to make the choir proud of you.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Many people, including scientists, who have found a single cell is complex. That beauty isn't a mutation. Those who recognize as such in nature and appreciate the wonders of something, living or not living, and how they were designed by an intelligence. As humans, we all strive for perfection and appreciate perfection. It's our inner call to what once we had and lost. How can those who study common bacterium realize it and are amazed? They know that it doesn't just come together from amino acids. Your question should be how does evolution start when it cannot create anything? Can your worldview explain why you are here?
your being stuck on the word "create" is your problem, not mine.

I have no problem saying "I do not know".
Why do you?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
you get to ask God about your ignorance when you meet Him
and maybe He will ask about yours
Your reply here is incoherent, as I never made any claims or spoke to God being ignorant in any way. An argument from ignorance, in this context, is using a current lack of scientific explanation or theory as evidence that God is responsible for something. It is a logical fallacy or a "cop-out", which doesn't actually bolster an argument in any way.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Okey dokey, but since evolution has created bacteria, as you claim, where are all the other bacteria they created? The answer isn't just blowing in the solar wind in outer space or in the nether.
Yes evolution "created" bacteria. They are all (those that are extant) here. Your question is more than a bit odd.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
Do you believe the universe and life exist ? Doesn't that make them evidence of creation ? Their very nature is evidence
The existence of life and that of the universe, are not evidences for the creator, designer or god, shmogie. It just your personal belief that you believe in such superstitious nonsense.

You are doing exactly the same thing as Neolithic man, who thought there were spirits in the trees, streams, rain, sun or moon. The Neolithic man didn't understand the mechanisms of nature, so they attributed to some sorts of spirits.

The authors of Genesis and JOB had no more understanding of nature and how they than the Neolithic man; the authors used their superstitions, and say God did it.

That Christians in this day and age still believe in literal interpretations of Genesis and JOB, and not allegories, only demonstrate that these Christians are still living in the Dark Ages.

Note that not all Christians are like the creationists. There are many Christians, as well as Jews, who believed that events in Genesis 1 to 11, are not history, but a metaphoric analogy or allegory that is used to teach people about morals and ethics, pretty much like Jesus' many parables, not meant to be taken literally as creationists do.

There are wisdoms in some of Jesus' parables come from teaching his disciples, using stories with meanings, but these parables were never meant to be taken as literal as in historicity. The value of his parables come from the meanings Jesus tried to illustrate, not from any historical accuracies.

The same is true with the stories of creation, Adam and Eve, Noah and the Flood. They were meant to have social significances, like teaching the ability to distinguish right from wrong, and the consequences of making the wrong choices. The values of these stories dropped considerably when creationists attempt to turn these stories into history or into science.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Your reply here is incoherent, as I never made any claims or spoke to God being ignorant in any way. An argument from ignorance, in this context, is using a current lack of scientific explanation or theory as evidence that God is responsible for something. It is a logical fallacy or a "cop-out", which doesn't actually bolster an argument in any way.
aren't you the one who insists?....we don't know

I am not uncertain

shmogie

The existence of life and that of the universe, are not evidences for the creator, designer or god, shmogie. It just your personal belief that you believe in such superstitious nonsense.

You are doing exactly the same thing as Neolithic man, who thought there were spirits in the trees, streams, rain, sun or moon. The Neolithic man didn't understand the mechanisms of nature, so they attributed to some sorts of spirits.

The authors of Genesis and JOB had no more understanding of nature and how they than the Neolithic man; the authors used their superstitions, and say God did it.

That Christians in this day and age still believe in literal interpretations of Genesis and JOB, and not allegories, only demonstrate that these Christians are still living in the Dark Ages.

Note that not all Christians are like the creationists. There are many Christians, as well as Jews, who believed that events in Genesis 1 to 11, are not history, but a metaphoric analogy or allegory that is used to teach people about morals and ethics, pretty much like Jesus' many parables, not meant to be taken literally as creationists do.

There are wisdoms in some of Jesus' parables come from teaching his disciples, using stories with meanings, but these parables were never meant to be taken as literal as in historicity. The value of his parables come from the meanings Jesus tried to illustrate, not from any historical accuracies.

The same is true with the stories of creation, Adam and Eve, Noah and the Flood. They were meant to have social significances, like teaching the ability to distinguish right from wrong, and the consequences of making the wrong choices. The values of these stories dropped considerably when creationists attempt to turn these stories into history or into science.
So you don't believe creation exists, and was created ? You are not grasping this very well. There was a Creation, true, or false ? It is a very simple question. You want to drift all about, make literary and social, and anthropological commentary. The issue is, was everything there is created, or not ?

shmogie

Now the only question is whether it is you are unable or unwilling to have an adult conversation.
I have heard nothing from you to indicate you are an adult. Cynical one sentence statements aren't conversing, they are the ploy of a teenager

gnostic

The Lost One
So you don't believe creation exists, and was created ? You are not grasping this very well. There was a Creation, true, or false ?
No, shmogie. I gave you my answer, that obviously don't agree with you, but you keep insisting on asking the same question over and over again, which is bloody irritating.

So one more time, I believe that life and universe both existing.

But there are no evidences for creator, designer or god existing, let alone being involved with creation. A deity don't exist except in the minds of the believers. A personal belief of believer is not the same thing as evidence; it is just faith.

The whole basis of religion are based on belief and faith alone, not on fact or evidence.

Until you have real evidences for your non-existing god, I don't have to agree with you on matter of your superstitious faith.

Your superstition are your own, shmogie. Stop trying to make YOUR blind faith and YOUR make-believe fantasy, mine.

shmogie

No, shmogie. I gave you my answer, that obviously don't agree with you, but you keep insisting on asking the same question over and over again, which is bloody irritating.

So one more time, I believe that life and universe both existing.

But there are no evidences for creator, designer or god existing, let alone being involved with creation. A deity don't exist except in the minds of the believers. A personal belief of believer is not the same thing as evidence; it is just faith.

The whole basis of religion are based on belief and faith alone, not on fact or evidence.

Until you have real evidences for your non-existing god, I don't have to agree with you on matter of your superstitious faith.

Your superstition are your own, shmogie. Stop trying to make YOUR blind faith and YOUR make-believe fantasy, mine.

You do what is called projecting. You are so concerned with what you think I might believe, and your hostility toward that, you project it into what you read and say. Doing so causes you to not grasp a simple issue. Was the universe created, or has it always been ? You are so hell bent to spew your ignorance you don't recognize that before I can discuss science, I have know to your stand on this simple issue. If you are a steady stater, that has to be destroyed with science before intelligent design can be addressed with science. If you accept the BB, then the science of that needs to be discussed and evidence examined. You are only concerned about peripheral issues. Whether the book of Job is literal or allegorical addresses the creation how ? I am making no effort to convert your pitiful self to anything, don't give yourself more importance than you have. You want to critically pontificate and draw irrelevant conclusions instead of looking at the science. Does that prospect intimidate or worry you ? ( "A diety don't exist" ) English 101