• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
This issue of Creationism seems to be another matter of faith.

I believe in a Power greater than man. "God" works as well as any other name.
I believe we humans evolved.
Did "God" use evolution to "create" humans?
The Creation Account in the Bible is beautiful PROSE.
Who said it had to be factual in every sense?
Was it written for an audience that understood science as we do today?
Hardly.
It was written in words that could be understood by the audience of
THAT period.
Following science it would appear that we humans DID evolve from what?
The accepted theory is that humans evolved from the great apes.
If so why are there still great apes.
Why aren't there the odd human with noticeable ape characteristics?
And so on.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are such brilliant designs everywhere. Here are just a few:

• Air conditioning in termite mounds
  • The anchoring skill of the razor clam
  • The navigation skill of the dung beetle
  • The storage ability of DNA

insects actually DO construct their colonies with air ways considered
and bees often agitate their hives to control temperature......

many animals have excellent navigation.....monarch butterflies for one....

and yes DNA is incredible storage ability....

I think we agree

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We know paintings have a creator because they are inorganic creations. We know and have evidence of the process. I am asking evidence for organic life necessarily having a creator. Man made creations are not in question. There is no evidence that complex organic life forms have a creator. You keep on dodging the question by pointing to irrelevant man made creations.
so you.....and the other 7billion people ....
and ALL of the animal forms....
and ALL of the insect forms....
and ALL of the plant life....

and just one massive accident......

Skwim

Veteran Member
This issue of Creationism seems to be another matter of faith.
The issue of creationism is a matter of removing evolution from the picture. It's the basis of creationism that's a matter of faith.

The accepted theory is that humans evolved from the great apes.
If so why are there still great apes.
Why aren't there the odd human with noticeable ape characteristics?
And so on.
See HERE for your answer.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The issue of creationism is a matter of removing evolution from the picture. The basis of creationism is a matter of faith.

See HERE for your answer.
nay....
the trick is to rationalize a Creator into the picture and keep on loving science.

and of course the obvious result is another question....
what kind of Creator would be THAT (whatever) in to being?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I repeat that no information based entity, living or non-living, has been demonstrated to exist apart from an intelligent creator. The fact that evolutionists cannot accept this evidence does not mean the evidence does not exist. It means they refuse to admit the obvious fact that design requires a designer, and that information based entities display evidence of design. Claiming only man made designs prove a designer is simply nonsense, IMO.

I think you are correct, every stage of scientific progress has unambiguously validated the predictions of an intelligently designed v materialistic universe; from created v static/ steady state origins, to quantum v classical physics, the breakdown of Darwinian evolution, and most recently- the information age has provided insights into the deeper designs of the universe that are causing even many die hard atheists like Dawkins to consider the possibility of ID

leibowde84

Veteran Member
so you.....and the other 7billion people ....
and ALL of the animal forms....
and ALL of the insect forms....
and ALL of the plant life....

and just one massive accident......
Nope, as it being an accident is not the only other option. There are a plethora of reasons why life has evolved in specific ways.

outhouse

Atheistically
I think you are correct, every stage of scientific progress has unambiguously validated the predictions of an intelligently designed v materialistic universe; from created v static/ steady state origins, to quantum v classical physics, the breakdown of Darwinian evolution, and most recently- the information age has provided insights into the deeper designs of the universe that are causing even many die hard atheists like Dawkins to consider the possibility of ID

This is a weak argument that was used in the trial when this modern pseudoscience you speak of was made illegal so that we do not poison children's minds in public schools.

Children have a right to REAL science not perverted modern mythology.

YOU have no credible evidence at all.

rusra02

Premium Member
False. The unknown authors never even knew the temple was rebuilt.

the author seems to know about Antiochus' two campaigns in Egypt (169 and 167 BC), the desecration of the Temple (the "abomination of desolation"), and the fortification of the Akra (a fortress built inside Jerusalem), but he seems to know nothing about the reconstruction of the Temple or about the actual circumstances of Antiochus' death in late 164.

Many modern scholars believe that Daniel 9:27, 11:31 and 12:11 are examples of vaticinium ex eventu (prophecies after the event) relating to Antiochus

The authors didn't know the temple was rebuilt? You might want to reread the prophecy. "You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah." (Daniel 9:25)
Neither does the prophecy indicate merely a temporary desecration of the temple. "And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood." (verse 26) These alleged scholars are wrong...again.

Midnight Rain

Darwinian evolution broke decades ago. Its a non-issue. But what broke it wasn't creationism but new information about evolution that is now our current theory of evolution.

Dawkins hasn't considered ID that I am aware of. Can you quote it with context? Because there are a lot of quote mines that would like people to believe that Dawkins has but I can assure you he hasn't.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I wonder who has revealed himself more so.....
I don't think your avatar works for you
You can try to yet again use your gift of transference, but at this stage of the game, you are not fooling any one but yourself.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
He did? I'd like a link to that for sure.

He has talked about the possibility of life being seeded by alien intelligence of some kind, as a way to account for it's beginnings on Earth.. the 'Anything But God' answer to this unsolved question-

atheism of the gaps I call it!

I'm not sure if there is a direct quote in writing but I'll have a look