• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You mean God created humans just for some company? Like I might get a cat?
if you can....and I'm sure that you can....

see yourself as the First in mind and heart.
and then realizing you are alone.

your own Voice as an Echo would be entertaining for awhile....

but being in more than one place simultaneously (many believe He can).....
you then grow tired of talking to your own reflection

substance is the only other item to work with
and so.....spirit into dust

when the dust fails the spirit within comes forth

if you have what it takes to'walk' with God......fine and good
no problem

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I am convinced you do understand that what is created gives proof of a Creator.
  • Living things are brilliantly design, according to all available evidence
  • Complex design requires an intelligent designer, according to all available evidence
  • Intelligence requires a mind, according to all available evidence
  • A intelligent mind does not exist apart from a person, according to all available evidence
Can you provide any evidence for your first two bullets? I agree with the second two.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
then sit awhile and think about it
Actually, a lot of your comments seem to be completely off topic. For example, I never claimed that there is no higher intelligence. We were discussing specific evidence for it being necessarily the case. Can you explain how your comment was relevant to this?

rusra02

Premium Member
Did it prophecy anything that was not also in the bible? Something useful like the discovery of penicillin?
Managing to predict things that happen later in the same book fails to impress me.
Yes, it foretells the end of all human governments, and the establishing of God's Kingdom that will last forever. (Daniel 2:44)

rusra02

Premium Member
Quote it. You have no credibility or authority so your word cannot be trusted alone.

Quote it
"There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself.“And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.“ (Daniel 9:24-27)

outhouse

Atheistically
"There are 70 weeks that have been determined for your people and your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·siʹah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks. She will be restored and rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in times of distress. “And after the 62 weeks, Mes·siʹah will be cut off, with nothing for himself.“And the people of a leader who is coming will destroy the city and the holy place. And its end will be by the flood. And until the end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.“ (Daniel 9:24-27)

Not credible historically speaking.

That is one version of ancient mens theology and mythology.

rusra02

Premium Member
Can you provide any evidence for your first two bullets? I agree with the second two.

There are such brilliant designs everywhere. Here are just a few:

• Air conditioning in termite mounds
  • The anchoring skill of the razor clam
  • The navigation skill of the dung beetle
  • The storage ability of DNA

leibowde84

Veteran Member
There are such brilliant designs everywhere. Here are just a few:

• Air conditioning in termite mounds
  • The anchoring skill of the razor clam
  • The navigation skill of the dung beetle
  • The storage ability of DNA
Again, I agree that these things exist. But, what evidence is there that they were necessarily designed? Why would you base your belief on nothing more than what seems right to you? Where is the evidence?

rusra02

Premium Member
And what year did it say it will happen in?

I believe Daniel chapter 4 gives the information necessary to determine the year when God sets up his Kingdom in heaven. As to the exact "day and hour" when The Kingdom will "crush and put an end" to all human governments, Jesus said no one knows but God. (Matthew 24:36) However, I believe Jesus gave a detailed prophecy of events that would indicate when this system's end is near. (Matthew 24)

rusra02

Premium Member
Again, I agree that these things exist. But, what evidence is there that they were necessarily designed? Why would you base your belief on nothing more than what seems right to you? Where is the evidence?
Where is the evidence a beautiful painting has an artist?

rusra02

Premium Member
Not credible historically speaking.

That is one version of ancient mens theology and mythology.
Yet, Jesus Christ appeared as the Messiah, right on time, and Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed, as the prophecy stated.

Midnight Rain

I believe Daniel chapter 4 gives the information necessary to determine the year when God sets up his Kingdom in heaven. As to the exact "day and hour" when The Kingdom will "crush and put an end" to all human governments, Jesus said no one knows but God. (Matthew 24:36) However, I believe Jesus gave a detailed prophecy of events that would indicate when this system's end is near. (Matthew 24)
But it hasn't come true yet. If and when it does i'll admit it was evidence.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Where is the evidence a beautiful painting has an artist?
We know paintings have a creator because they are inorganic creations. We know and have evidence of the process. I am asking evidence for organic life necessarily having a creator. Man made creations are not in question. There is no evidence that complex organic life forms have a creator. You keep on dodging the question by pointing to irrelevant man made creations.