• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War Crimes? Hatred of Light? The Story Behind the Story!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I notice that the more fervent the Christian, & the
stronger the belief in Jesus & God, the more likely
one is to support Trump.

Wow… talk about changing the subject.

His cult is one of hatred, vengeance, & hebetude,
yet this malefactor is anointed by their God.
So much for the "heart" of Christianity, eh.
And Jews aren't immune to Trump's 'charms'.

Morality is lived, not merely preached.
Not going for the move of goalposts.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Reminds me of what God said,

"The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

I know that God will take care of everything in the life to come. Mercy will rejoice over judgment too.
Read what Jewish voices say about "criticism of Israel's policies = anti-semitic":

Excerpt: "We condemn the recent attacks on Israeli and Palestinian civilians and mourn such harrowing loss of life. In our grief, we are horrified to see the fight against antisemitism weaponized as a pretext for war crimes with stated genocidal intent."

Kenny

Premium Member
It seems to me that anyone who desires to understand others and seek peace wouldn't generalize so broadly about millions of people's criticism. Are there antisemites who hate Israel? Undoubtedly. Is everyone who criticizes Israel's actions and policies driven by antisemitism? An absolute, emphatic no.

The fact is that Israel's military strikes, combined with its siege of Gaza, have killed over 10,000 Palestinians so far, almost half of whom are children, and produced a major humanitarian crisis. I think it is beyond simplistic and callously dismissive for anyone to assume that people who protest over this are all driven by antisemitism or "darkness."

Interesting how sheeples repeat what the anti-Israel war media pours out.

Nothing about Hamas killing people at the hospital, nothing about how many of the 10,000 are Hamas soldiers, nothing about whether that amount is even verifiable (since Hamas owns the hospital an the reporting), nothing about the thousands of missiles sent to Israel in times of no war...

I think you are, inadvertently, supporting the statements of the video

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow… talk about changing the subject.
On topic, bruderherz.
Your subject involves religion....a rabbi preaching at us, "anti-semitism", "Muslims".
It's fair game for those of us who see religion as more problem than solution.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I did listen to it, and generally agreed with its drift. If one listened to it until the end, he calls for peace for all. Yes, it comes off as self-serving, but what would one expect from him?

Kenny

Premium Member
Read what Jewish voices say about "criticism of Israel's policies = anti-semitic":

Excerpt: "We condemn the recent attacks on Israeli and Palestinian civilians and mourn such harrowing loss of life. In our grief, we are horrified to see the fight against antisemitism weaponized as a pretext for war crimes with stated genocidal intent."
Yes… not all “anti-Israel” position are false or anti-Semitic… but it doesn’t change the overall reality that the video espouses.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did listen to it, and generally agreed with its drift. If one listened to it until the end, he calls for peace for all. Yes, it comes off as self-serving, but what would one expect from him?
To call for "peace for all" I've often heard.
Yet there's silence on who is doing the bulk
of the murdering & bombing.
Tis naught but trying to appear noble, but
without taking a stand against the perpetrator.
That is tacit approval of oppression & war crimes,'
but being uncomfortable about what they enable.

Kenny

Premium Member
I did listen to it, and generally agreed with its drift. If one listened to it until the end, he calls for peace for all.

And THAT is the message.

But isn’t it interesting that people do hear/see that? No… it is about how horrible the Jewish people are and how they must be eradicated and how they are on lands that they shouldn’t be on.

Makes one wonder where they should live IMO

Kenny

Premium Member
Waiting for God to fix everything in the next life won't save the lives of children in this life.
True… as long as they aren’t Jewish. If they are Jewish children, we can wink at that and pretend it doesn’t happen. Hundreds of children are massacred on Oct 7 - no one is in the streets and there is no uproar. Israel protects themselves and in the process a child dies - TO THE STREETS WE GO!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Waiting for God to fix everything in the next life won't save the lives of children in this life.
This "waiting" is refuge for crimes that believers commit.
Id est, the crimes matter not....because some day "God".

Orbit

I'm a planet
Not preaching… sharing reality
I'm concerned because you don't seem to be aware of reality. Palestine has a population of about 2.3 million, about half of which are children. As for the accuracy of the death toll, have you looked at NGOs like UNICEF's estimates? Does Hamas control UNICEF? You seem ghoulishly ready to assume that when the IDF bombs, in their words "for damage and not accuracy" in a civilian area, that thousands of children have not been killed. You really don't seem to have a grasp of what is going on in Gaza.

Excerpt: "A UNICEF spokesperson has defended the death toll being reported out of Gaza, saying the organization’s figures had historically matched those of the Hamas-controlled Gazan health ministry. More than 10,000 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli airstrikes in the past month – including thousands of women, children and elderly."

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting how sheeples repeat what the anti-Israel war media pours out.

Who are "sheeples"? Is that supposed to include the hundreds of thousands who have protested Israel's actions so far?

What do you think Jesus would say about calling others "sheeples" for protesting over loss of life?

Nothing about Hamas killing people at the hospital, nothing about how many of the 10,000 are Hamas soldiers, nothing about whether that amount is even verifiable (since Hamas owns the hospital an the reporting), nothing about the thousands of missiles sent to Israel in times of no war...

I think you are, inadvertently, supporting the statements of the video

It seems to me that you have probably already made up your mind about others' intentions, as evidenced by your earlier overgeneralized assertions about people who have protested against Israel's actions, and therefore almost anything others will say here when disagreeing with you can be taken by you to be "inadvertently supporting the statements of the video."

Hamas is not endorsed by the governments of the Western countries where many of those protests have taken place. That's the difference. The average American's tax money isn't used to prop up Hamas' operations, nor are British taxpayers having their money spent to arm Hamas. This is not the case with Israel, which has received considerable aid from the US and multiple other Western countries whether financially, militarily, or politically.

I think an earlier post in this thread addressed your above point well:

There won't be as much outrage if Israel has the same status as China, Russia, Syria, Mynmar in the Western countries ....pariah enemy nations. Fix that and we won't have that many protests.
Nonsensical video.

Kenny

Premium Member
Excerpt: "A UNICEF spokesperson has defended the death toll being reported out of Gaza, saying the organization’s figures had historically matched those of the Hamas-controlled Gazan health ministry. More than 10,000 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli airstrikes in the past month – including thousands of women, children and elderly."
Unless UNICEF is actually on the ground counting… it is an opinion...

How many of the 10,000 were Hamas soldiers?

Bthoth

Why all the protests all over the world?
Genocide is wrong.
Why aren’t there protests against Russia for Chetnya?
Had a year of ukraine war? Most are sick of it.
Where are the world-wide protests when thousands upon thousands were killed by Muslims against Muslims?
Sunni and shia always fight
Or when China occupied Tibet? Or why Syria killed millions?
Redundant finger pointing. Do you even address the divide in palestine?
Is it anti-Semitism?
Not even close. Only the bigots use that as a reason or coup out. That old idea 'they just hate us'
Or hatred of light in a world of darkness?
What light? Using phosphorus munitions on civilians?
I think this Rabbi has the finger on the pulse of truth!
Not if using the AS argument. It reflects a narrative based on huge ignorance of terms and what is true about the divide.