• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahasn ebn sawresho

[O ye who believe, do not come near so drunken prayer as you learn what you say and do together, but bystanders even they wash up and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you from faeces or was also said: women did not find water they wash with clean sand or earth at good, wipe with your faces and your hands that God was forgiving, sorry] (Women: 43).
[
Faecesorwomenwas also said:
Hereor in theArabiclanguageequality
Women and faeces
In the sameruling onthisverse
Do you knowthese words
وَإِن كُنتُم مَرْضَي أَوْ عَلَي سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاءَ أَحَدٌ مِنكُم مِّنَ الغَائِطِ أَوْ لامَسْتُمُ النِّسَاءَ

mahasn ebn sawresho

The Jewishofusviosnotmore thanhonourofMuhammad whenhe said:
"The human God worshipped on the conviction, and not by imposition or force" (33)

Certainly there are beliefs and gods assume everyone free atheistic sheriff and rebellion, the God who imposes his faith on the conscience of the human power of the sword and enslaving free people not only put in the mzeblh history and civilization and human feet being crushed and freedom, not only the revolution it as retaliation for great god Zeus, Prometheus Greece.

The Middle East will be free only when breaking the yoke of the great dictator "machine flies" and his Messenger, even losing life itself, then descended to the grave by an honest atheist flies and Canon machine flies, Prophet of God flies
Not to lose his mind and soul and human conscience before the tyranny of God flies even if flies carrying swords in the.
"For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Sri Lanka: [2]

'Islam in Sri Lanka is practiced by 9.7%[1] of the population of Sri Lanka. 1,967,227 persons adhering Islam as per the census of 2012. [1]

With the arrival of Arab traders in the 7th century CE, Islam began to flourish in Sri Lanka. The first people to profess the Islamic faith were Arab merchants and their native wives, whom they married after converting to Islam. By the 8th century CE, Arab traders had controlled much of the trade on the Indian Ocean, including that of Sri Lanka. Many of them settled down on the island in large numbers, encouraging the spread of Islam.

Muslims and Sri Lankan Civil War[edit]

Main article:Expulsion of Muslims from the Northern province by LTTE

TheSri Lankan Civil Warwas a 26 year conflict fought on the island of Sri Lanka betweengovernmentandseparatistmilitant organisationLiberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam(the LTTE, also known as the Tamil Tigers). In this civil war Sri Lankan Muslim were targeted byLTTEand a few hundreds of Muslims died {cn}, hundreds of thousand were expelled from their homes and their property was destroyed .[citation needed]

The expulsion of theMuslimsfrom the Northern province was an act ofethnic cleansing[3][4]carried out by theTamil militantLiberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam(LTTE) organization in October 1990. In order to achieve their goal of creating a mono ethnicTamilstate[5][6]in the NorthSri Lanka, the LTTE forcibly expelled the 95,000 strongMuslimpopulation from the Northern Province.[7]

The expulsion still carries bitter memories amongst Sri Lanka's Muslims. In 2002, theLTTEmilitant leaderVellupillai Prabhakaranformally apologized for the expulsion of Muslims from the North. There has been a stream of Muslims travelling to and from Jaffna since the ceasefire. Some families have returned and the re-opened Osmaniya College now has 60 students enrolled. Two Mosques are functioning again. According to a Jaffna Muslim source, there is a floating population of about 2000 Muslims in Jaffna. Around 1500 are Jaffna Muslims, while the rest are Muslim traders from other areas. About 10 Muslim shops are functioning and the numbers are thought to have grown.[8]

Islam in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Sri Lanka.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

zuhairabs

If you read Quran you will understand that it is the real words of god. The style and the flow is wonderful. Islam is not spread by sword but behaviour and manners discipline and values.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No.
For example:
Spread of Islam in Sri Lanka: [3]
Sri Lankan Moors[edit]

Typical early 20th century Moor gentlemen
Main articles: Sri Lankan Moors and Tamil Muslim
The Sri Lankan Moors are native speakers of the Tamil language and follow Islam as their religion. Several genealogical theories point out that they belong to Tamil ethnicity and the majority of their ancestors were Tamils who had lived in the country spanning generations, and had simply converted to Islam from other faiths.[12][13][14] Other theories claim that they are all descendants of the Arabs who had settled in the island and therefore a different ethnic group. This view is held by the Sinhalese favoring section of the Moors as well as the Sri Lanka government which controversially lists them as a separate ethnic group. The Moors as per the Sri Lanka government's definition of a separate 'ethnic' community comprise about 9.2% of the country's population. This classification and their exclusion from the rest of ethnic Tamils has been critically challenged by several sources.[12][14][15]

Education[edit]
There are 749 Muslim schools in Sri Lanka, 205 madrasas which teach Islamic education, and an Islamic university in Beruwala (Jamiya Naleemiya). Al Iman Schools in Colombo was the first Islamic school of its kind, teaching an integrated Islamic curriculum since 2008. In the early 20th century there were few Muslim professionals in accountisc, medicine, engineering, etc., but at present they are exceeding the national average. Due to the lack of opportunity in Sri Lanka, many Muslim professionals are emmigrating to get jobs abroad, such as to the Middle East,United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. The Moors have had better social and economic mobility, thanks to the historic head start they had in getting education and government jobs under the British colonial rule.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Sri_Lanka
Regards

Looncall

If you read Quran you will understand that it is the real words of god. The style and the flow is wonderful. Islam is not spread by sword but behaviour and manners discipline and values.

The style is tedious and repetitious.

Values? Yeah, sure. How about IS, Boko Haram, etc? How about slavery, subjugation of women, and systematic corruption and torture wherever muslims are in control? I don't think so.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
The style is tedious and repetitious.

Values? Yeah, sure. How about IS, Boko Haram, etc? How about slavery, subjugation of women, and systematic corruption and torture wherever muslims are in control? I don't think so.
Even arabs cannot understand Koran very well. Just imagine the word haram.It means sin but also it means big,grand. ( I was shocked to see a shopping mall named al haram in Saudi Arabia) . Probably there are more meanings for this word and there are plenty of them which means you can never be sure about what Koran tells. And yes Koran was definitely spread by sword. See how iranians ,indians and turks adopted islam. Sure that was not red roses.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Even arabs cannot understand Koran very well. Just imagine the word haram.It means sin but also it means big,grand. ( I was shocked to see a shopping mall named al haram in Saudi Arabia) . Probably there are more meanings for this word and there are plenty of them which means you can never be sure about what Koran tells. And yes Koran was definitely spread by sword. See how iranians ,indians and turks adopted islam. Sure that was not red roses.

You don't know Arabic and then you can't discuss it's language but i'll just try to help you if you're interested.
Haram doesn't mean a sin but it means forbidden and it's derived from the word "حرم" so when we say "حرم عليك"
means forbidden on you, whereas a sin in Arabic is "سيئة".

MARCELLO

You don't know Arabic and then you can't discuss it's language but i'll just try to help you if you're interested.
Haram doesn't mean a sin but it means forbidden and it's derived from the word "حرم" so when we say "حرم عليك"
means forbidden on you, whereas a sin in Arabic is "سيئة".
So pls tell me how they named a shopping mall as forbidden?They were not selling pork or alcohol in that mall.

MARCELLO

What do you mean then by doesn't mean big ?
3rd time I am telling,pls try to understand now because of repeating the same I am tired ; haram means forbidden but also big and there are many other meanings of haram are available. What's the point you are missing?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
3rd time I am telling,pls try to understand now because of repeating the same I am tired ; haram means forbidden but also big and there are many other meanings of haram are available. What's the point you are missing?
Try talking more s l o w l y ....

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So you mean haram does not mean big?And you accept that they named a shopping mall as forbidden? Are you making fun of me?
Haram (root h-r-m) is an autantonym word of Arabic language. Other languages also have such words, like we have in English :

aught
noun
• anything
• nothing

bound
adj./verb

• restrained (e.g. by rope)
• to spring; leap

puzzle
verb

• to pose a problem
• to solve a problem

Etc , and there are so many such words in English.
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Was Islam spread by the sword? Yes. The fall of the Sasanian empire to the armies of Islam show that the religion gained ground on the back of military triumphs. And yes, it has persecuted other belief systems despite attempts at revising history to make Islam's past seem more benign. What would the Parsis have been fleeing Iran for if they were well treated and their religion was accommodated?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Sex can mean the gender and having sex means another thing, so whats the problem for having several meaning for a word !?

Status
Not open for further replies.