• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Qatar
:

Qataris a Muslim-majority country withIslam as the state religion.Wahhabi/Salafi version of Sunni Islam is the state sponsored brand of Islam in the country, making Qatar one of the two officially Wahhabi/Salafi states in the Muslim world, along with Saudi Arabia.[1]

The local population, made up of Qataris, are all Muslims although there are high numbers of foreign workers in Qatar which varies the Muslim population. In the CIA World Factbook it says 77.5% are Muslims, with 8.5% Christians and others remain.[2]Foreign workers are well noted in the country, mainly from South Asia and Americans which constitute most of the population of Qatar.

Islam conquered the entire Arabian region in the 7th century in a string of widespread conflicts resulting in the Islamization of the native Arabian pagans. With the spread of Islam in Qatar, the prophet Muhammad sent his first military envoy, Al Ala Al-Hadrami, to Al-Mundhir Ibn Sawa Al-Tamimi, the ruler of Bahrain, which extended from the coast of Kuwait to the south of Qatar, including Al-Hasa and Bahrain, in the year 628, inviting him to accept Islam as he had invited other kingdoms and empires of his time such as Byzantium and Persia. Mundhir, responding to Muhammad, announced his acceptance of Islam, and all the inhabitants of Qatar became Muslim, heralding the beginning of the Islamic era in Qatar.

Islam in Qatar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Qatar.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You're being terribly naive.

With the Muslim army and Muslim colonists settling on land not belonging to them, come the religion.

You still don't understand the Muslim Arabs had invaded land that were never Islamic. Later other empires invaded more non-Muslim lands.

Lands are not Islamic or non-Islamic, the people are.

Regards

Harikrish

Why Islam is unreliable? God spoke to many prophets according to the Torah. But the religion of Islam is based on the Angel Gabriel speaking to the prophet Mohammad. God did not speak to the prophet directly. But God did speak to Moses, Abraham and Jesus directly in the Quran.

Surat 3:55
Sahih International
[Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why Islam is unreliable? God spoke to many prophets according to the Torah. But the religion of Islam is based on the Angel Gabriel speaking to the prophet Mohammad. God did not speak to the prophet directly. But God did speak to Moses, Abraham and Jesus directly in the Quran.

Sahih International
[Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.

I give the verse with the verses in the context:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 3: Aal-e-`Imran

[3:52]‘Surely, Allah is my Lord and your Lord; so worship Him: this is the right path.’ ”
[3:53]And when Jesus perceived their disbelief, he said, ‘Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah?’ The disciples answered, ‘We are the helpers of Allah. We have believed in Allah. And bear thou witness that we are obedient.
[3:54]‘Our Lord, we believe in that which Thou hast sent down and we follow this Messenger. So write us down among those who bear witness.’
[3:55]And they planned, and Allahalsoplanned; and Allah is the Best of planners.
[3:56]When Allah said, ‘O Jesus, I will cause thee to diea natural deathand will exalt thee to Myself, and will clear thee fromthe charges ofthose who disbelieve, and will place those who follow thee above those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, and I will judge between you concerning that wherein you differ.
[3:57]‘Then as for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe punishment in this world and in the next, and they shall have no helpers.
[3:58]‘And as for those who believe and do good works, He will pay them their full rewards. And Allah loves not the wrongdoers.’
[3:59]That is what We recite unto thee of the Signs and the wise Reminder.

1. The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online
2. The Holy Quran

For the etymology of the words of the verse in original Arabic, please, read link # 2 above.

Please prove your viewpoint from the verse 3:55/56 above.

Regards

gnostic

The Lost One
paarsurrey said:
Lands are not Islamic or non-Islamic, the people are.

Isn't it just wonderful that Muslim would play semantic game, just to avoid answering questions or examining the points being made?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sahih International

G-d converses in three ways:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 42: Al-Shura

[42:52]And it is not for a man that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a veil or by sending a messenger to reveal by His command what He pleases. Surely, He is High, Wise.
[42:53]And thus have We revealed to thee the Word by Our command. Thou didst not know what the Book was, nor what the faith. But We have made it (the revelation) a light, whereby We guide such of Our servants as We please. And truly, thou guidestmankindto the right path,

[42:54]The path of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. Behold! to Allah do all things return.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Regards

mahasn ebn sawresho

According to Sheikh Abdullah gdaia he follows the arguments were the exception and concluded that that set the novel of Makki in nine civil sur are: Sura HUD, bees and ISRA and Hajj (in three places) Wes and cliques (in two places), SC walahakav, at-taghabun, and the advent of digital in in Surat Al-Hadid only.( )
These versesarethe verses of the Medina
And in surah makiah
Shows the difference between the meccan verses
The revelation of the Qur'an is named Angel Gabriel
Not promoted
The verses contradict the Qur'anic verse
That saysread
Who came to Muhammad Usman and not spirit
And this verse contradicts the other verses in the Qur'an
If you suspect the we you ask who ykrao'n the book from you
So this verse with that verse clearly
I won't get intothedetails
Because the Qur'an contradicted
It isproofthat it is not true

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Who stayed within the confines of anything was never the point. If you had objected that I was being off topic that would have been at least something. No, you had to try and weaken 3 or 4 scientists out of 200 to dismiss the whole but even that was not unexpected or what I said I don't have any use for. I had realized with my first post to you, you are going to work in a huge amount of color commentary that has nothing to do with anything and decided to leave you alone with what ever is causing you to behave that way. I then mistakenly responded to a post of yours, I did not realize who I had responded to until I typed my response out. I thought that since you were new to me I would give you another shot. You soon confirmed everything I had originally thought. I resolved my original conclusion was justified and as you did not have any real argument what so ever there was no longer anything to respond to but commentary. Now I have explained this more than once and have resolved you would only take up time which I have little of lately and not present anything new or challenging and so I am out. You can crow about invisible victories or how your lacking an argument is my fault if you wish. I have set the record straight and for now am done with you.

You did run away 1robin... now you are making excuses. The bottom line is that I don't have time to trawl through a list of 200 scientists to satisfy your prejudice - however - I did humour your intention by taking your most favoured scientists (from the top of that list) and then debunking your logic (or lack of)... and then - YOU RAN AWAY...

That, is what happened. You can spew your nonsense and make up stuff about who you thought you was responding to (as if there is another Scimitar on this forum pfft) and lie out of your teeth for all I care. God knows the truth of what happened and HE is witness over all things.

Next time you want to engage in a debate - stick it out!

Scimi

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You did run away 1robin... now you are making excuses. The bottom line is that I don't have time to trawl through a list of 200 scientists to satisfy your prejudice - however - I did humour your intention by taking your most favoured scientists (from the top of that list) and then debunking your logic (or lack of)... and then - YOU RAN AWAY...

That, is what happened. You can spew your nonsense and make up stuff about who you thought you was responding to (as if there is another Scimitar on this forum pfft) and lie out of your teeth for all I care. God knows the truth of what happened and HE is witness over all things.

Next time you want to engage in a debate - stick it out!

Scimi
Give it a break man. Anyone who sings so loudly about who did what is overcompensating for something. It was not my list and so did not record my favorites up front. You just make it up as you go along don't you. There was no debate to run from, nothing you said was a serious challenge to anything I did, and obsessively claiming there was anyway is proof of it. I dot not and never will check in with you before I do what I wish so your just wasting more time telling what I should do. Another reason I gave up on your ability to carry on a meaningful debate. Cut out the rhetoric.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
According to Sheikh Abdullah gdaia he follows the arguments were the exception and concluded that that set the novel of Makki in nine civil sur are: Sura HUD, bees and ISRA and Hajj (in three places) Wes and cliques (in two places), SC walahakav, at-taghabun, and the advent of digital in in Surat Al-Hadid only.( )
These versesarethe verses of the Medina
And in surah makiah
Shows the difference between the meccan verses
The revelation of the Qur'an is named Angel Gabriel
Not promoted
The verses contradict the Qur'anic verse
That saysread
Who came to Muhammad Usman and not spirit
And this verse contradicts the other verses in the Qur'an
If you suspect the we you ask who ykrao'n the book from you
So this verse with that verse clearly
I won't get intothedetails
Because the Qur'an contradicted
It isproofthat it is not true
Quote :And this verse contradicts the other verses in the Qur'an. Unquote

Please give reference of both the verses which contradict one another.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No.

For example:

Spread of Islam in Sri Lanka
: [1]

'Islam in Sri Lanka is practiced by 9.7%[1] of the population of Sri Lanka. 1,967,227 persons adhering Islam as per the census of 2012.[1] The Muslim community is divided into three main ethnic groups: theSri Lankan Moors, theIndian Muslimsand theMalays, each with its own history and traditions. The attitude among the majority of people in Sri Lanka is to use the term "Muslim" as an ethnic group, specifically when referring to Sri Lankan Moors.
History of Islam in Sri Lanka[edit]

With the arrival of Arab traders in the 7th century CE, Islam began to flourish in Sri Lanka. The first people to profess the Islamic faith were Arab merchants and their native wives, whom they married after converting to Islam. By the 8th century CE, Arab traders had controlled much of the trade on the Indian Ocean, including that of Sri Lanka. Many of them settled down on the island in large numbers, encouraging the spread of Islam. However, when the Portuguese arrived during the 16th century, many of their descendants now called theSri Lankan Moors- were persecuted.The Sinhalese ruler KingSenarat of Kandygave refuge to some of the Muslims in the central highlands andEastern Province, Sri Lanka.[2]

During 18th and 19th centuries,JavaneseandMalaysianMuslims bought over by theDutchandBritishrulers contributed to the growing Muslim population in Sri Lanka. Their descendants, now theSri Lankan Malays, adapted severalSri Lankan MoorIslamic traditions while also contributing their unique cultural Islamic practices to other Muslim groups on the Island.

The arrival of Muslims from India during the 19th and 20th centuries has also contributed to the growth of Islam in Sri Lanka. Most notably,PakistaniandSouth IndianMuslims have introducedShia Islamand theHanafischool of thought into Sri Lanka, however although most Muslims on the island still adhere to the traditional practices ofSunni Islam.

In modern times, Muslims in Sri Lanka are handled by the Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs Department, which was established in the 1980s to prevent the continual isolation of the Muslim community from the rest of Sri Lanka. Muslims of Sri Lanka, mostly from theMoorandMalayethnic communities on the island with smaller numbers of converts from other ethnicities, such as theTamils.

Islam in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see any sword in spread of Islam in Sri Lanka.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No one is denying that there were many people had converted to Islam, freely, but there are historical evidences, that Muslims had conquered many lands, early on, settled in places where don't belong to, and place all sort of restrictions upon non-Muslims, until they give up and converted, because they don't have full rights as citizens in the countries they born in, lived in and died in.

That's coercion. You may not physically harmed, but it is still coercion nevertheless, because Muslim have restricted their rights for being non-Muslim citizens. Non-Muslims should have the freedom to rebel against any Muslim leader (be they kings, caliphs, sultans, presidents, prime ministers, dictators, etc) or Muslim-run governments.

And there is nothing peaceful about expanding the Islamic empire. They had still invaded another lands, that they had no rights to enter; it is not defensive warfare, but offensive warfare.

And because of those former empires, they did spread Islam by the sword.

gnostic mentioned in the above quote: Islamic empire

Islam is not for empire building and does not support expansion of empires for religious conversions. Quran presents everything with rational reasons mentioned in the context. It does no need empires for expansion. and I have proved that Islam did spread peacefully in many lands without a shadow of sword.

Regards

Last edited:

Scimitar

Eschatologist
These people are stupid bro Paar, to think they sit on this forum "religious forums" and don't understand what the following are:

1) context
2) nuance
3) history
4) comparatives
5) anthropology

... to name just a few,

Yet still think they know how to understand these things - whilst posting moronically inaccurate statements out of a need to push their badly thought out bias - is just a complete shame on their part.

I love being Muslim, I've learnt soooo much - Allahu Akbar!

Scimi

mahasn ebn sawresho

Nowknow youmale
WellI ask youone question
And you ask explicit answer
When you go to Heaven because you're locked and Muslim and believe in Mohammed
Youwill make enjoywithHurireminder
Asmenwithnymphsjust a question
Men have the mermaids acres
You arewhatyou'll do
We have the rightto ask

mahasn ebn sawresho

These people are stupid bro Paar, to think they sit on this forum "religious forums" and don't understand what the following are:

1) context
2) nuance
3) history
4) comparatives
5) anthropology

... to name just a few,
You area Muslim
Do you know the interpretation and meaning of the verse that says that you are a ghaez, it was also said: women what is the meaning and the meaning of words
I pity you and every Muslim to be satisfied in religion say incomplete mind
My callto you
Toreadagain
As written in the pages of this dialogue
AMuslimwrote
Swordsareemblems ofMuslims
Refer to the world today, the sword gun weklashnkov and rocket
Terrorism itself in yesterday, today and tomorrow
Yet still think they know how to understand these things - whilst posting moronically inaccurate statements out of a need to push their badly thought out bias - is just a complete shame on their part.

I love being Muslim, I've learnt soooo much - Allahu Akbar!

Scimi

mahasn ebn sawresho

You area Muslim
Do you know the interpretation and meaning of the verse that says that you are a ghaez, it was also said: women what is the meaning and the meaning of words
My callto you
Toreadagain
AMuslimwrote

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You area Muslim
My callto you
Toreadagain
AMuslimwrote
Do you know the interpretation and meaning of the verse that says that you are a ghaez

I don't get you exactly. Please provide the reference of the verse.

Regards

mahasn ebn sawresho

to---Scimitar Eschatologist
WellI ask youone question
And you ask explicit answer
When you go to Heaven because you're locked and Muslim and believe in Mohammed
Youwill make enjoywithHurireminder
Asmenwithnymphsjust a question
Men have the mermaids acres
You arewhatyou'll do
We have the rightto ask[/QUOTE]
Where are you, why you smuggle answer
Wait untilyoulocate thedevicein a paradiseof Islam
How muchyou havein paradise,Houri

mahasn ebn sawresho

I don't get you exactly. Please provide the reference of the verse.

Regards
God says, {and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you from faeces or was also said: women did not find water they wash with clean sand or earth are piloting good} (table 6)
Telawah landed with character and meaning
And you noy know Arabic well
.(Or)preferencemeans equality
Turd or women was also said:
The two are equal in power to wash before prayer
Here women are equal with faeces
Greetings to you

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God says, {and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you from faeces or was also said: women did not find water they wash with clean sand or earth are piloting good} (table 6)
Telawah landed with character and meaning
And you noy know Arabic well
.(Or)preferencemeans equality
Turd or women was also said:
The two are equal in power to wash before prayer
Here women are equal with faeces
Greetings to you
Please quote the verse.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.