• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No.
Islam did not spread by sword. In fact sword is a hindrance in the way of spread of Islam. Quran provides both commandments and the gist of wisdom of the same; this peculiarity is not retained in book of any other revealed religion.Islam flourishes most in peace with its strong reasonable and rational arguments.
For example:

Peaceful Spread of Islam in Cyprus: [3]
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,pWb2_SInrlQtfU3GenOfX8O1A98ASgOSsUIvWtippfa8ATV5axxjpJBNeJPpE2TnLbmsx-Iw7ndfwc74oLV04YA24AAGtTZKIux0aKUYVDnSpebOmAadTMg5PrH-485Qbr1VV_0yNzOsQyDN82bzthPwxfLkjR0TinfF2QcOVqvq9geLlTXLdqLyCxxv454_q5rjwX0WoyXjiB8
---
upload_2016-3-30_11-28-6-png.12631

Cyprus
Country in Europe
Muslims make up about 18% of the Cypriot population.

Greek Girl tells the story of her conversion to Islam

Country/region: Cyprus
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:273,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :22.7
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Muslim Population Other Sources : -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

Islam spread peacefully in Cyprus.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
For instance:
  • Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
    23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
    Ireland
    [2]

Why I became (Ahmadiyya) Muslim - Jonathan Butterworth

Ireland
Ahmadiyya population : 500
Percentage (%) of Muslims : 1.2%
Percentage (%) of population:< 0.1 %
Estimate[25]:Lorna Siggins (September 20, 2014). "Persecuted Muslims build first Irish mosque in Galway". Irish Times. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
Ireland?

Isn't it a glorious sign for the wise? Please

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I am happy that everybody has accepted that Islam spread peacefully in the times of Muhammad and even now it is spreading peacefully in almost all the parts of the world. The extremists are a bunch-ful of persons lead astray, it should not be generalized for the majority of Muslims.
Under Ahmadiyya true Islam it is spreading peacefully with even an accelerated speed. Right?

Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

I am happy that everybody has accepted that Islam spread peacefully in the times of Muhammad and even now it is spreading peacefully in almost all the parts of the world. The extremists are a bunch-ful of persons lead astray, it should not be generalized for the majority of Muslims.
Frankly, I don't think anyone is the slightest bit fooled by your highly disingenuous posts.

Are you familiar with the Shakespearean quote?
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Under Ahmadiyya true Islam it is spreading peacefully with even an accelerated speed. Right?
No it is not. The Ahmadiyya personality cult is still an insignificant spec in the Muslim world.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
No it is not. The Ahmadiyya personality cult is still an insignificant spec in the Muslim world.
Ahmadiyya are not a personality cult as one has described.
We, Ahmadiyya, believe in:
Articles of Faith
Five Pillars of Islam
as per Quran-the Word of G-d and Sunnah of Muhammad.
Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

No, Islam does not need it. Islam spreads most when there is right of freedom of religion, right of freedom of
speech and right of freedom to make a group. It is more than evident from spread of Islam in the world these days.
Regards

gnostic

The Lost One

No, Islam does not need it. Islam spreads most when there is right of freedom of religion, right of freedom of
speech and right of freedom to make a group. It is more than evident from spread of Islam in the world these days.
Regards
What a load of bulls!

Islam or Muhammad didn't invent freedom of speech or freedom of religion.

And the last one is quite clear, when he destroyed idols in Mecca.

Freedom of religion is a myth, in Islam, because if there were such freedom, then he shouldn't have force the people of Ta'if to convert, as the condition for Ta'if. Muhammad is a bloody tyrant and Islam is not a religion of peace.

What was the verse about fighting non-Muslims - to fight them until they surrender to and accept Islam. This no compulsion in Islam, is bull#### and is contradicted by that verse.

And who did Muhammad spare when the Banu Qurayza had surrendered to him...only those men who converted to Islam, the rest were beheaded, exactly like the terrorists do, when they captured non-Muslims. And the women and were children were either taken as slaves as part of spoils, or sold them.

Muhammad the slaver; yes he is pinnacle of virtues that make me want to puke.

Mirza Ghulum Ahmadi is much more peaceful man than Muhammad, but Mirza is not an honest one, so they are neck-and-neck for dishonesty and manipulating people.

codex

China
In China, Muslim population growth was 2.7% during 1964–1982, compared to 2.1% for the population as the next two decades from 2011. Pew Research Center projects a slowing down of Muslim population growth in China than in previous years, with Muslim women in China having a 1.7 fertility rate.[24] Many Hui Muslims voluntarily limit themselves to one child in China since their Imams preach to them about the benefits of population control. The amount of children, in different areas, people are allowed to have varies between one and three children.[25] Chinese family planning policy allows minorities, including Muslims, to have up to two children in urban areas, and three to four children in rural areas.

Europe
See also: Islam in Europe
Islam is the fastest-growing religion in Europe.[26][27] According to the Pew Research Center, the Muslim population in Europe (excluding Turkey) was about 30 million in 1990, 44 million in 2010 and is expected to increase to 58 million by 2030; the Muslim share of the population increased from 4.1% in 1990 to 6% in 2010 and will continue to increase over the next 40 years, reaching 10% in 2050.[3][28] There were approximately 19 million Muslims in the European Union in 2010 or about (3.8%).[29]

Data for the rates of growth of Islam in Europe reveal that the growing number of Muslims is due primarily to immigration and higher birth rates.[30] Muslim women today have an average of 2.2 children compared to an estimated average of 1.5 children for non-Muslim women in Europe.[3] While the birth rate for Muslims in Europe is expected to decline over the next two decades, it will remain slightly higher than in the non-Muslim population,[3] except for Dutch-Turks, who have a lower birthrate (1.7) than the native Dutch population (1.8).[31][32]

Based on the current growth rate of Islam in Europe, in 2030, Muslims are projected to make up more than 10% of the total population in 10 European countries: Kosovo (93.5%), Albania (83.2%), Bosnia-Herzegovina (42.7%), Republic of Macedonia (40.3%), Montenegro (21.5%), Bulgaria (15.7%), Russia (14.4%), Georgia (11.5%), France (10.3%) and Belgium (10.2%).[33] There are around 100,000 Muslim converts in the UK.[34][35] France has seen conversions to the Islamic faith double in the past quarter century. In France there are an estimated 100,000 Muslim converts, compared with about 50,000 in 1986.[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth

Wheres the sword?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What a load of bulls!
Islam or Muhammad didn't invent freedom of speech or freedom of religion.
And the last one is quite clear, when he destroyed idols in Mecca.
Freedom of religion is a myth, in Islam, because if there were such freedom, then he shouldn't have force the people of Ta'if to convert, as the condition for Ta'if. Muhammad is a bloody tyrant and Islam is not a religion of peace.
What was the verse about fighting non-Muslims - to fight them until they surrender to and accept Islam. This no compulsion in Islam, is bull#### and is contradicted by that verse.
And who did Muhammad spare when the Banu Qurayza had surrendered to him...only those men who converted to Islam, the rest were beheaded, exactly like the terrorists do, when they captured non-Muslims. And the women and were children were either taken as slaves as part of spoils, or sold them.
Muhammad the slaver; yes he is pinnacle of virtues that make me want to puke.
Mirza Ghulum Ahmadi is much more peaceful man than Muhammad, but Mirza is not an honest one, so they are neck-and-neck for dishonesty and manipulating people.
"Islam or Muhammad didn't invent freedom of speech or freedom of religion."
Does one mean that freedom of speech and or freedom of religion were not needed on those times? Is one jealous of Muhammad as to why Muhammad respected humanity and as to why he was a pioneer to introduce and fight for these human rights, peacefully?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
China
In China, Muslim population growth was 2.7% during 1964–1982, compared to 2.1% for the population as the next two decades from 2011. Pew Research Center projects a slowing down of Muslim population growth in China than in previous years, with Muslim women in China having a 1.7 fertility rate.[24] Many Hui Muslims voluntarily limit themselves to one child in China since their Imams preach to them about the benefits of population control. The amount of children, in different areas, people are allowed to have varies between one and three children.[25] Chinese family planning policy allows minorities, including Muslims, to have up to two children in urban areas, and three to four children in rural areas.

Europe
See also: Islam in Europe
Islam is the fastest-growing religion in Europe.[26][27] According to the Pew Research Center, the Muslim population in Europe (excluding Turkey) was about 30 million in 1990, 44 million in 2010 and is expected to increase to 58 million by 2030; the Muslim share of the population increased from 4.1% in 1990 to 6% in 2010 and will continue to increase over the next 40 years, reaching 10% in 2050.[3][28] There were approximately 19 million Muslims in the European Union in 2010 or about (3.8%).[29]

Data for the rates of growth of Islam in Europe reveal that the growing number of Muslims is due primarily to immigration and higher birth rates.[30] Muslim women today have an average of 2.2 children compared to an estimated average of 1.5 children for non-Muslim women in Europe.[3] While the birth rate for Muslims in Europe is expected to decline over the next two decades, it will remain slightly higher than in the non-Muslim population,[3] except for Dutch-Turks, who have a lower birthrate (1.7) than the native Dutch population (1.8).[31][32]

Based on the current growth rate of Islam in Europe, in 2030, Muslims are projected to make up more than 10% of the total population in 10 European countries: Kosovo (93.5%), Albania (83.2%), Bosnia-Herzegovina (42.7%), Republic of Macedonia (40.3%), Montenegro (21.5%), Bulgaria (15.7%), Russia (14.4%), Georgia (11.5%), France (10.3%) and Belgium (10.2%).[33] There are around 100,000 Muslim converts in the UK.[34][35] France has seen conversions to the Islamic faith double in the past quarter century. In France there are an estimated 100,000 Muslim converts, compared with about 50,000 in 1986.[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth

Wheres the sword?

Being a natural world-view the Truthful Religion always spreads peacefully . It has the strongest base of valid signs, arguments and reasons so it does not need any force to win hearts and souls of the humans.
Thanks and regards

Raahim

مكتوب
No.
Islam did not spread by sword. In fact sword is a hindrance in the way of spread of Islam. Quran provides both commandments and the gist of wisdom of the same; this peculiarity is not retained in book of any other revealed religion.Islam flourishes most in peace with its strong reasonable and rational arguments.
For example:

Peaceful Spread of Islam in Cyprus: [3]
data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,pWb2_SInrlQtfU3GenOfX8O1A98ASgOSsUIvWtippfa8ATV5axxjpJBNeJPpE2TnLbmsx-Iw7ndfwc74oLV04YA24AAGtTZKIux0aKUYVDnSpebOmAadTMg5PrH-485Qbr1VV_0yNzOsQyDN82bzthPwxfLkjR0TinfF2QcOVqvq9geLlTXLdqLyCxxv454_q5rjwX0WoyXjiB8
---
upload_2016-3-30_11-28-6-png.12631

Cyprus
Country in Europe
Muslims make up about 18% of the Cypriot population.

Greek Girl tells the story of her conversion to Islam

Country/region: Cyprus
Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1]:273,000
Muslim percentage (%) of total population 2010 Pew Report[1] :22.7
Percentage (%) of World Muslim population 2010 Pew Report[1] :< 0.1
Muslim Population Other Sources : -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

Islam spread peacefully in Cyprus.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cyprus facing a lot of issues with illegal immigrants? Judging by the current situation in Europe, it's not by sword but there sure is force? And there surely are (and I'm sure there were) Muslims who spread Islam by sword or force. I didn't also read the whole thread since there are 170 pages, aren't some (legit Muslim) sources telling how Muhammad spread Islam by sword, killed older people, children, etc? You are a really good poster so I look forward for your reply on this question. :)

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female

Regards
Really? OMG ,pls tell me what happened to orphaned christian kids of old Yugoslavia,Balkans,Greeks,Black Seans ? Did they entirely love your religion? Were your cookies (or your swords) tastier?
Denial of history is an attack to human rights.
Also and simply there is no freedom of speech in islam. There simply is not.

I have no problem with islam or muslims,but pls be so kind not to deny the facts.

I perfectly know that you ,yourself did not do it but pls accept there were millions who did it on behalf of islam very recently.

Raahim

مكتوب
Really? OMG ,pls tell me what happened to orphaned christian kids of old Yugoslavia,Balkans,Greeks,Black Seans ? Did they entirely love your religion? Were your cookies (or your swords) tastier?
Denial of history is an attack to human rights.
Also and simply there is no freedom of speech in islam. There simply is not.

I have no problem with islam or muslims,but pls be so kind not to deny the facts.

It will be a little off topic, but what are you referring to (event) with "Christian kids of old Yugoslavia"?

MARCELLO

It will be a little off topic, but what are you referring to (event) with "Christian kids of old Yugoslavia"?
What so ever,depends on your comprehension.

By the way ,it is indeed on topic,not off. Pls do not lie me about ottoman history,i do know it.

Raahim

مكتوب
What so ever,depends on your comprehension.

I'm not sure if you're from that part of Europe, but you should be aware that Christians (Orthodox people from Serbia) massacred Muslims in the 90s too and in war there are victims (innocent) from both sides.

MARCELLO

I'm not sure if you're from that part of Europe, but you should be aware that Christians (Orthodox people from Serbia) massacred Muslims in the 90s too and in war there are victims (innocent) from both sides.

Yes,I am from that part from Europe,things change?Certainly not. BUT;
I was not part of that bloody war,nor my friends or relatives or anything I was attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.