• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabour

Every group with large numbers will be judged, the larger the more scrutiny and meticulous judgment. It's insanity to not consider or acknowledge the ways the group can or does effect you or your groups.

I doubt anybody is hateful or fearful concerning you, Smart_Guy, paarsurrey, Fear God, etc.

I didn't understand your reply. Didn't realize am weak in English until now :D.. Can you please explain ?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
History is most of the times false and those who win write it as they want and media blows things out of proportion.

I am a follower of Islam and what I care about is the true Islam. I am not a follower of what others think of Islam. So the true Islam is what we (muslims) care about.

Most members in this forums are judging Islam based on what they hear or listen, I repeat they are judging Islam.

I've read a lot of the Qur'an,i agree with Sees that Quran alone seems less threatening although in it I would be sent to the big BBQ,IMO the problem is the Sunnah and hundreds of ahadith,hadith sets precedents,doesn't matter that not all agree with authenticity because it ends up with child Brides and dead lovers and victims of conscience ie Apostates,just my take.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I didn't understand your reply. Didn't realize am weak in English until now :D.. Can you please explain ?

I'm saying judging is not wrong or evil. It's natural and it's built in...whether by nature or God/s or both. We are all here to judge....and communicate and learn and share in ways that influence judgment towards acurracy, truth, and of course our biases and preference :)

We can't help but judge Islam and Christianity and Buddhism and on and on. We can't help but judge populations where these are the majority or have power/strong influence. We can hope all, and decide for ourselves to, attempt fairness and utilizing our principles and good-nature.

It's not personal unless you are specifically part of negative interaction/image.

Sabour

I've read a lot of the Qur'an,i agree with Sees that Quran alone seems less threatening although in it I would be sent to the big BBQ,IMO the problem is the Sunnah and hundreds of ahadith,hadith sets precedents,doesn't matter that not all agree with authenticity because it ends up with child Brides and dead lovers and victims of conscience ie Apostates,just my take.

Well in the Quraan there is a distinguish between believers and disbelievers. However, Quraan explains the actions of the disbelievers and if you read through the Quraan you can see that what Allah will do to them is because their own hands.

However there are people who were never approached by the truth. Those will not be judged and will have their own test.

There are many people who attack Quraan but the difference is that Quraan is less likely to be taken out of context and can be defended because not a single word of Quraan can be changed or altered, whereas for the hadith, many people attack it by altering words, choosing a bad translation or even adding lines where it does not exist. These tactics only look strong because of our lack of understanding of Islam and our inability to defend it.

Sabour

I'm saying judging is not wrong or evil. It's natural and it's built in...whether by nature or God/s or both. We are all here to judge....and communicate and learn and share in ways that influence judgment towards acurracy, truth, and of course our biases and preference :)

We can't help but judge Islam and Christianity and Buddhism and on and on. We can't help but judge populations where these are the majority or have power/strong influence. We can hope all, and decide for ourselves to, attempt fairness and utilizing our principles and good-nature.

It's not personal unless you are specifically part of negative interaction/image.

Now I see what you are saying.

I have no problem people having their opinions about me or about any other people. My point is that people should not judge Islam based on what people are doing.

What I meant that judging "Muslims" is not judging "Islam".

How to prove it? One of the prophecies of Muhammad peace be upon him that there will come a day when we will be many in numbers but with no material and that we would be very far away from Islam.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Sabour

Maybe we should ask what leads these followers of religion to do bad things and go from there

Well the reasons would be because of their personal gain. It has nothing to do with religion if you are trying to point this out because I don't think there is a religion which teaches killing.

They may be born into a certain religion but I wouldn't label them as followers.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Why not seeing Islam in its true face, i may say that Christianity is evil because Hitler was a christian but am i right to judge Christianity for Hitler's acts or for the sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic church.

[youtube]rFL_dBQ3M9M[/youtube]
Muslims Feeding The Homeless In The West - INTOUCH FOUNDATION - An Amazing Project - YouTube

Do you want to compare Hitler and Muhammad
Hitler did not say that its wars for God
Hitler best of Muhammad
As for Iraq, America
NET not Iraqis and don't know anything about Iraq
America came at the invitation of Saudi Arabia and the Arabs
Wemrika has not committed any war crimes in Iraq
Daash today in Iraq committing crimes
Crimes in the name of Islam and of Islam

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well the reasons would be because of their personal gain. It has nothing to do with religion if you are trying to point this out because I don't think there is a religion which teaches killing.

They may be born into a certain religion but I wouldn't label them as followers.
The no true Scotsman fallacy,you follow true Islam as far as your concerned,the ones you wouldn't label do aswell.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Since it Islam came with the teachings of fighting and terrorism
The world has not known peace
Because of the teachings of Muhammad
The teachings of hate
Mhamdktl 500 Jewish in one day
And Hitler was the Holocaust
This is what history
But Hitler did not say he fought in the name of God
Hitler fought the world to the idea of nationalism
And worldly interests

mahasn ebn sawresho

In Iraq
American جاءؤا on the grounds of Saudi Arabia
The Americans came to spread democracy in Iraq
But the Islamists with the Americans
Who do the crimes each
Day
Did you know that u.s. forces were disciplined military force
Did not violate rules of engagement
Never attack an unarmed
Not blow people's homes
Americans most Islamists
Especially in Mosul

Sabour

The no true Scotsman fallacy,you follow true Islam as far as your concerned,the ones you wouldn't label do aswell.

Well if A and B are following Islam and A and B differ in many aspects, beliefs, and actions than you have three possibilities,

A are followers of Islam B are not.
B are followers of Islam A are not.
Neither A nor B are followers of Islam.

One thing is for sure is that it can't be that A and B are followers of Islam.

There is a degree in which differences are accepted but when these differences are huge we can't say that it is a matter of different interpretation. It is a matter of different interests and motives.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I'm writing my conscience and what she viewed him of behavior Americans
In those wars
You are in the place of race
The American aircraft was
Come to hit military targets
Although the aircraft was not beat the target of the first round
But hovering on the target
And give the area time to let members of the military unit to leave danger areas
The destroyed military hardware only
If you want to write you in Arabic
And explain you the meaning of this Act
And I was in that place and that time
In 1991
The bridge was hit Nasiriyah
Killed large numbers
Did you know that you hit the target the pilot roamed not us
Did not comply with the rules of engagement
Hit the target of his first
And did not give time to evacuate the target location

mahasn ebn sawresho