• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As I told Baba Guru Nanak got converted to Islam from Hinduism and was a Muslim saint. He had followings in the Muslims as well as in Hindus. Baba Guru Nanak was as peaceful and tolerant as Muslim saint should be. When he died his Sikh followers remained Monotheists but did not became Muslim.

The strife was between a Muslim Emperor, due to political differences which has got nothing to do with Quran/Islam/Muhammad.

Regards

So your claim is that Guru Nanak was Muslim instead of Sikh?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It was for Christians who were thirsty for martyrdom,it was ok though because Islam sure gave it to them,makes an interesting read if you check the history of it.

History says that Andalusia was the best place to "live in" in Europe during the dark ages which wasn't dark in Spain but in the rest of Europe.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
History says that Andalusia was the best place to "live in" in Europe during the dark ages which wasn't dark in Spain but in the rest of Europe.

Theres a misconception regarding "the dark ages",it was only dark because there is little written evidence of it and not because it was in some way the worst place to be in the world.

Stovepipe_Hat

One who will die.
Everyone here is on their own footing, and is treated accordingly. Its why I give you the time and give you detailed replies.

Does that change the fact that Israelites Plagiarized Canaanite mythology and Mesopotamian mythology?? Does that change the fact Christianity plagiarized Judaism? Does that change the fact islam plagiarized both??

Thanks very kindly. :)

And the creation story in Genesis 1 has an awful lot in common with the Egyptian Hermopolitan theology; the watery thing and dividing upper and lower water with upper one being the sky, for instance. I'm not sure it was considered wrong to do so in those days - writing of any kind was pretty rare. As well as writers skillful enough to innovate. Thutmose III blew through Canaan about 600 years before Canaan got literacy, and might have been pleased to see parts of his homeland's religion being popular elsewhere. :)

Granted I may have been unaware that someone on this thread is proselytizing if they are in fact doing so contra rule 8, in which case I assume reporting them is proper, though not required. Fortunately, I'm resistant to persuasive messages from religions by now, having been burnt. :)

Meanwhile, that Islam spread by the sword in its first stages is not even in question. They had all of North Africa and the Mideast and Spain under Caliphate and went as far as Poitiers before Charles Martel stopped them, all in their first 100 years. I wondered why, and suspect it has something to do with conditions. For instance, Christianity was an urban religion in an established empire and didn't need swordwork. Islam "plagiarized" the practice of seeking converts along with the Mary birth narrative idea from the NT, although the Quran delivers a very different take on Mary than Luke does. If they were wrong, we can't accuse them of the stupidity that plagiarism charges connote nowadays, however. And what was so unusual or wrong about conquest, a perfectly acceptable statecraft back in the 7th century?

Rather, I'll propose that the sword issues swirl mainly around extremist groups forcing political change in already-Muslim states that have, or had, secular government. Such as the Taliban takeover in 1996. Such modern use of the sword is clearly wrong according to ethics held by most of the world today.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Thanks very kindly. :)

And the creation story in Genesis 1 has an awful lot in common with the Egyptian Hermopolitan theology

Ah the "The primordial Eight" It does have a few hints here and there.

With southern and northern Israelite mythology compiled together I would not rule it out, but would point to a slight tid bit of Canaanite mythology used that might have been influence by Egypt more so then a Egypt Israelite connection of any kind.

Flankerl

Debatable because the Eastern Roman Empire never even had a "Dark Age" and just went on with its business.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Common errors
That Arabs and Muslims were able to build advanced civilization
This is not true
And the reason
The Arabs were unable to build any State or outside the island mini-state Arabic
Because the surrounding areas are Iraq, known as the Chaldean Assyrian, Sumerian civilization
Persia, known and their civilization before Islam
Syria and the alarameyeen and Romans
Pharaonic and Coptic Egypt was before Islam
Palestine was a Jewish and a Palestinian is, they are not Arabs of Palestinian origin from the island of the Arabs were nomads card only

mahasn ebn sawresho

After the Muslim invasion into neighboring countries, is the land of Mesopotamia, Syria, Egypt and Palestine
These alhadart are threatened with extinction and this is what happened then
Due to oppression and mass displacement, oppression and persecution
True you are the Abbasid Caliphate in Baghdad, but from my study I read
The Arabs brought science Athens the Arabic language through argument is Syriac and Assyrian Word include three languages Aramaic and Assyrian and Chaldean
And that most Islamic scholars are not of Arab origin
In medicine Ibn Sina is not Arabic
The algorithm is not Arabic
Ibn Battuta is not Arabic
The doctor son of Isaac is not Arabic
Most of what is written in the ketlb history
We conclude that the Arabs were posing a name is of three civilizations
And don't forget
Jewish religious culture and the idea of unification where
Pass oneself off as her Arab and Muslim
And when they went to Al-Andalus were the invaders and colonizers
Therefore, expelled from the country after the Europeans felt the seriousness of intellectual and political Islam
The Arabs were unable to build any civilization in Andalucia because Andalusia and Spain belonged to Rome and Rome civilization known in construction, and that's what I laabhath it
And also their laws and Roman law is the origin of today's laws after Hammurabi and met Ishtar washnona and the Torah and the Gospel

mahasn ebn sawresho

I give you an example from the land and geography
In the geographical area of the city of Mosul and the Turkish border and to the Syrian border to the Iranian border
Christians of the three assets
In these areas the presence of Arabs in a bit and even Kurds
This was before the first world war
But after the first World War changed the geography of population to those areas for many reasons
But gradually they were expelled and the last step in Mosul, where Christians were expelled from the Islamists from Islamic State
And also the same serial in Syria and Lebanon
So was the Arab military and terrorist
And collecting tribute from them

mahasn ebn sawresho

How did Islam spread in Egypt
Written by Farouk Attia
The topic of civilized dialogue forum
settlement of Arab rule Egypt. Started by Amr bin AAS 641 c.e. and ended the independent Tulunid year 868 CE. During this period, ruling Egypt Governors as representatives of the Arab Caliphs, who they make taste sorts of torment and persecution Egyptians despised, and exhausted their resources in the tribute and taxes and *** is different. And it never occurred to the colonists and to or even on behalf of Egyptians, Egypt continued cash cow for the benefit of the Caliphate until the era of State altolonbh the year 868 CE with Egypt an independent State does pay pain *** for the Caliph and the consequent prosperity.
Islamic imperialism began to Egypt during the reign of Caliph Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, where Arab Muslim Commander AMR Ibn El-AAS, annexation of Egypt to the Islamic Caliphate State, known as the Muslim conquest of Egypt he had grabbed the Palestine by the Romans before it, was intended to open Egypt's previous conquests and locking collar tightly around the Romans to prevent their return. Omar Bin Al Khattab was afraid the Islamic armies to Africa as divisive as Amr bin AAS was fond of Egypt before Islam and after the Roman victory at the battle of ajnadayn Caliph permission to invade Egypt, but the Caliph was rejected at first and was approved after AMR Ibn al-' AAS to Arish (Lares), Askar West saying big birthday on Dec. 12, 639 (named the balmsaaid) and send him supplies. And the company further defences of Egypt from the East and seized 13 640 m and demolishing its walls, And its even captured all the Delta, Babylon fortress, to the South of Egypt to expel the Byzantines from Egypt 17 September 642 CE. Egyptians greeted xenophobic all Byzantine new welcome invaders, thinking that they would be of help to Egypt in salvation. The Treaty of peace was made between Cyrus (Cyrus) and AMR, a Byzantine withdrew from the country and end Roman rule of Egypt and the Islamic Government began the era of the Governors was AMR Ibn al-' AAS the first Muslim Governors. The imposition on the Egyptians to pay an annual tribute of jd2 to every Egyptian man adult (6 million man) by 12 million plus tax on landowners (3 Canal wheat and two oil and two honey and vinegar instalments), and the Egyptians gave every Arab meal or wool dress Coptic and slippers and bathrobe or uncle and trousers and Brown Arab city of Fustat as capital Centre and through the collection of Arabic was retrieval (Multilingual) Egypt step by step. Continued Greek as the official language of Egypt until the year 706 m Coptic language has also been addressed even in the same city of Fustat.
Arab historians admitted despite the Islamic idologithm savage crimes committed against the people of Egypt after the Arab invasion. Recognized by kmdavoun about Arabs and Islam, such as al-Tabari, Al-Suyuti, balathuri, etc. Despite the modern El-Megreisi on Egyptian the Arab occupation eruptions, although born in Cairo (from his family to Baalbek resided almkarsh sailors) he described Egyptians with cheese, arguing that Egypt is not on the territory of the black Egyptians as close to rabbits and donkeys (preaching and account stated plans and effects., p. 43). Arabic and Islamic arrogance made him ignore that Egypt's black leopards reverse the Arabian peninsula as a reminder when you catch the Caliph Marwan ibn Muhammad the Egyptian Church men and imprisoned, the St. Ignatius martyr to ten black (Severus Ibn Al-muqaffa-history of the Patriarchs-p. 198). And indulges in his impudence, Al-maqrizi, Egyptian paste attributes of alkyd and malice and guile, When he wrote condemning Egyptian revolts, especially albshmor rebels who challenged the authority of the Arab occupation, saying: their spots and gawk at them are stiffer and so they are using rude food and drink bad water (preaching and mind-p. 44). Unfortunately, Arab historians wrote history of biased viewpoints of Arabism and Islam and did not observe impartiality in writing.
Called El-Megreisi Egyptians most attributes get worse and explained the Egyptian as children of Adam black slaves who they married women Copts after sinking wastoldohn. While Arabs see themselves they did people minds and dreams and released them a year and I revere them afhama (Al-aloosi in achieving the four know the Arab conditions-vol. 1, p. 144) and racism in the Arab occupied, controlled not by plundering Egypt only, not all forms of physical torture for refusing to pay tribute or an abscess, but appeared in their words as Ibn Abbas (Guile ten parts, nine of which are in Coptic, and one on other people) either mu'aawiyah Ibn ABI sufyan was more serious when he said (people of Egypt Three varieties: one third of NAS, one third, one third of people like not NAS. The third people who are Arabs. And a third who look like people, loyal, And a third who do not Copts means Muslim) people (Al-sermons and mind-p. 56) this perception of racism are consistent with Hadith (do not be efficient for the Arab Quraysh and Pro are not efficient for Arabs) (Shams al-Din al-sarkhasi, quoting Khalil Abdel-Karim-historical roots of Islamic law-p. 16). So AMR Ibn El-AAS Ibn forgot about it the banners (brothel) and their less expensive price, when asked about Egypt said: "its gone and its wonder and well-being and women played and their wishes in her bustle and obedience rehab and hard-riot and their wars and war with overwhelmingly", forgotten that his mother had five men are realities AAS and Abu Lahab and illiteracy bin Khalaf ABI sufyan, the youngest, was born caused balaas, asked that sheIt was spent on my daughters. (Omar Ibn Al-Abbas El Akkad, p. 10)
John alnikosi Coptic books (perhaps to pandering or fear): Arab Muslims Egypt prevailed. AMR Ibn al-' AAS strengthens every day and takes the taxes that they have set. And did not take anything from the churches and not something negative or looted and maintained throughout the days. The fact that the establishment samaha described by alnikosi of Arabs had passed through horrors of many Egyptians even have undergone the rout and restored things to new invaders. And understanding of Amr bin

Yes, you know much better than a Jewish professor in history.

The problem here is this 'professor' doesn't mention that this Golden age came with the wholesale repression of Jews by way of being assigned the apartheid like status of Dhimmitude. Thus, by having restraints put on ones autonomy and having to pay 'additional' taxes which served to act as a sign of subordination means reality diametrically opposes this claim of a Jewish golden age. What you are doing is an example of pure conflation because you are using the understanding that because Jews flourished a bit better than they had done under previous governance somehow affords yourself the perverse luxury of glibly brushing off the fact they were still an oppressed people. This is illogical.

On a separate note - I notice you haven’t taken up my challenge for you to explain why you said the Koran tells Moslems that to take one life is like they have killed all of humanity. You purposefully misquote your own book and I’d like to know why you did this please – if you cannot answer this then you have stripped yourself of any credibility.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The problem here is this 'professor' doesn't mention that this Golden age came with the wholesale repression of Jews by way of being assigned the apartheid like status of Dhimmitude. Thus, by having restraints put on ones autonomy and having to pay 'additional' taxes which served to act as a sign of subordination means reality diametrically opposes this claim of a Jewish golden age. What you are doing is an example of pure conflation because you are using the understanding that because Jews flourished a bit better than they had done under previous governance somehow affords yourself the perverse luxury of glibly brushing off the fact they were still an oppressed people. This is illogical.

On a separate note - I notice you haven’t taken up my challenge for you to explain why you said the Koran tells Moslems that to take one life is like they have killed all of humanity. You purposefully misquote your own book and I’d like to know why you did this please – if you cannot answer this then you have stripped yourself of any credibility.

Killing for defense, but killing innocents is of course a great sin.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain. You sound like that Monty Python spam-a lot play except using Spain-a lot instead.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So your claim is that Guru Nanak was Muslim instead of Sikh?

Yes, it was proven by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah/Imam Mahdi very clearly in one of his famous books "Sat Bachan":

This subject has been dealt in detail by the Promised Messiah, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, in his book Sat Bachan.

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

The title Sikh* started after death of Hazrat Baba Guru Nanak.

* A Sikh (/siːk, sɪk/; Punjabi: ਸਿੱਖ sikkh [sɪkkʰ]) is a follower of Sikhism, a monotheistic religion that originated in the 15th century in the Punjab region.[12] The term "Sikh" has its origin in Sanskrit term शिष्य (śiṣya), meaning "disciple, student" or शिक्ष (śikṣa), meaning "instruction".[13][14] A Sikh is a disciple/subject of the Guru.

Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course one could differ.

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Because eventually, firing rockets at kids from hospitals held more appeal given their temperament.

I disagree with this,there are something like 1.6 billion Muslims in the world,if they were all fighting for Hamas we would be ok with a wide brush,they aren't though so.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Ambiguous religious texts are a great catalyst for war massacres and subjugation but not all use them for that purpose,proselytising religions are very open to it though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.