• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus gay?

Youtellme

Was watching a debate the other day and someone said that we should be open to the possibility. After all, he spent his time mostly with men, he loved John very much and told his apostles that they would become fishers of men.

So I thought, wow, that's a good subject for this forum. So what do you think? Opinions please!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's hypothetically possible, but since I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with Jesus, I don't particularly care if he's gay or not. *chuckles*

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I guess we could question everyone's sexuality if you get right down to it.

Now it is my turn, why do you ask?

cablescavenger

Was watching a debate the other day and someone said that we should be open to the possibility. After all, he spent his time mostly with men, he loved John very much and told his apostles that they would become fishers of men.

So I thought, wow, that's a good subject for this forum. So what do you think? Opinions please!

I am not sure that it matters, but I would love the irony if he was :beach:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Cos I thought it was an interesting viewpoint and I wanted yours.

My viewpoint is your looking for Christians to go ballistic on you.

If you wanted to get serious, there is a much better chance Jesus had something going with Mary Madeline. At least there is a compelling argument for that theory.

So your interested in the sexuality of a person your not even sure existed. I'm still wrapping my head around that concept.

Youtellme

My viewpoint is your looking for Christians to go ballistic on you.

If you wanted to get serious, there is a much better chance Jesus had something going with Mary Madeline. At least there is a compelling argument for that theory.

So your interested in the sexuality of a person your not even sure existed. I'm still wrapping my head around that concept.

I am sure he existed. Faithwise. I was just questioning someones post on that point. But otherwise, still want to see what people think of the idea. And don't forget, I'm quoting someone else here.

al gazali

thise is that top hhh it s e liitle disrepectful dont you think???????????
have some respect for crsitian posters pls

no-body

I don't know, the whole "most beloved apostle" thing has always made me suspect. He also liked to get his feet and hair rubbed with expensive oils. Something is going on.

Last edited:

Antiochian

Rationalist
As someone who doesn't believe Christianity's claims about who Jesus is/was, I could care less if he was gay, straight, bisexual, or anything else.

But I'll throw this out there, going by the gospel accounts, he seems asexual more than anything. We're given no indication he had romantic/sexual interest in anyone.

Youtellme

We're given no indication he had romantic/sexual interest in anyone.

Correcto mundo. But he did speak about marriage and stuff and being loyal to your wife. And even though he was a bachelor, chances are that he was because he was focus on doing the work of his father.
Having family commitments is distracting sometimes.

al gazali

I am a Christian! I just wanted other people's opinions. I thought every subject is open to discussion on this forum.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thise is funny jesus is gay
you all dont think that is insulting in anny way you look at it

if you are in an arabic country and with 100% muslims and you say thise, allah only allah know what will happens to you, at least geail and you crisitian dont feel it s insulting???????

it is absolutly disrespectful absoluty and noo level of humain bieng could ever do that
to inslut the persons that billions of ppl idolise it is absolutly direspectful

and dont tell me youre e crsitian e crsitian will never say such e think