• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus gay?

Youtellme

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thise is funny jesus is gay
you all dont think that is insulting in anny way you look at it

if you are in an arabic country and with 100% muslims and you say thise, allah only allah know what will happens to you, at least geail and you crisitian dont feel it s insulting???????

it is absolutly disrespectful absoluty and noo level of humain bieng could ever do that
to inslut the persons that billions of ppl idolise it is absolutly direspectful

and dont tell me youre e crsitian e crsitian will never say such e think

I didn't say Jesus was. I just wanted people's thoughts. And now I have yours, which is fine. I don't think he was gay. Like I said, this is going off the back of what someone said on a tv debate, so I thought I'd carry it on here. And besides, do you think it is ok for a muslim to question their faith or should you accept everything you are told as the truth?

waitasec

Veteran Member

if you are in an arabic country and with 100% muslims and you say thise, allah only allah know what will happens to you, at least geail and you crisitian dont feel it s insulting???????

it is absolutly disrespectful absoluty and noo level of humain bieng could ever do that

insulting to who? we ain't talking bout you...
is jesus that sensitive that he needs you to defend him, really?
is jesus feewings hoit?
ahhh poor poor jesus

Last edited:

Antiochian

Rationalist
Correcto mundo. But he did speak about marriage and stuff and being loyal to your wife. And even though he was a bachelor, chances are that he was because he was focus on doing the work of his father.
Having family commitments is distracting sometimes.

Still I find it interesting that for modern Christians, getting married is this huge deal, practically mandatory--and their founder never wed.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Besides the fact that he was a lifelong bachelor?

Many Essenes also didnt get married. Not really evidence of homosexuality though.

However, there are scholars who argue that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. John Shelby Spong comes to mind. And really, there is more evidence for that then him being a gay man.

Youtellme

Many Essenes also didnt get married. Not really evidence of homosexuality though.

However, there are scholars who argue that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. John Shelby Spong comes to mind. And really, there is more evidence for that then him being a gay man.

Don't forget the Da Vinci Code!

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
There was no real evidence he existed either, but that's besides the point and off topic. Carry on!

Actually, there is more than enough evidence to suggest he existed. But like you said that is besides the point. My initial point was that since there is no evidence he was gay, there is no reason to think he was. He may have had male disciples who followed him, but he also had women disciples as well who followed him. And he was hardly the first Jew who remained a bachelor.

That, and no one mentions it. There is no hint at all. So, I see no reason to think he was.

Youtellme

Actually, there is more than enough evidence to suggest he existed. But like you said that is besides the point. My initial point was that since there is no evidence he was gay, there is no reason to think he was. He may have had male disciples who followed him, but he also had women disciples as well who followed him. And he was hardly the first Jew who remained a bachelor.

That, and no one mentions it. There is no hint at all. So, I see no reason to think he was.

All good points well made. Funny thing is, they guy on the TV debate was gay and made the point about Jesus being possibly gay with a smile on his face, probably knowing that his point has no foundation either.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Obvious poe.

CynthiaCypher

And some scholars like Morton Smith believe that Jesus was funny. And they have evidence. That half-naked young man following Jesus around in Mark is sort of odd, don't ya think?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
“Am I leading a rebellion,” said Jesus, “that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.” Then everyone deserted him and fled. A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

Mark 14:48-52

Super Universe

Defender of God
Was watching a debate the other day and someone said that we should be open to the possibility. After all, he spent his time mostly with men, he loved John very much and told his apostles that they would become fishers of men.

So I thought, wow, that's a good subject for this forum. So what do you think? Opinions please!

So men spending time together is now evidence of sexual preference? Then all the men in the military are gay, and all the men in the NFL.

Anyway the Urantia Book tells a different story, Jesus could not marry because that was not His mission. He would not have children because the child would have been some kind of advanced hybrid. There is value in a slow progression of species.

Also, Jesus had a women's corp of apostles.

CynthiaCypher

“Am I leading a rebellion,” said Jesus, “that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I was with you, teaching in the temple courts, and you did not arrest me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.” Then everyone deserted him and fled. A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

Mark 14:48-52

If you use the criterion of dissimilarity...this incident probably really happened.

outhouse

Atheistically
There is no real evidence he was gay. So I see no reason to entertain the idea.

there is no real evidence he wasnt.

I see no reason to entertain the idea, ONLY if one doesnt want to know.

my personal take is as Rick pointed out, possibly he was with Mary

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm not sure it's an indication of what you might think though. Celebrities often have weird followers.

he wasnt a huge celebrity

he was a traveling teacher, preaching to new people he had never met who relied on hand outs and gifts to survive.

CynthiaCypher

I'm not sure it's an indication of what you might think though. Celebrities often have weird followers.
From the Mar Saba letter:

"And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, 'Son of David, have mercy on me.' But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightaway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God"

Now the letter might be a forgery but then again it might not be. If it isn't a forgery, what is going with Jesus?